Jameela Jamil

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Let's discuss her.

At first, I thought she was great, fighting for different body types, etc and body confidence. Recently she has started going after the Kardashians more and it is becoming obsessive and annoying. Kim released a makeup line which includes body makeup (no biggie, MAC has the same). But Jameela started shouting from the rooftops about how bad it is that people should be made to feel to cover up their flaws on their body.

Kim has a psoriasis on her legs which for years she has said makes her self conscious and uses body makeup to cover it up. There is nothing wrong with that. I get terrible psoriasis on my legs in summer and it definitely knocks my confidence a bit. If someone does something to make themselves feel better why is that a bad thing? I totally support Jameela shouting out about skinny teas and such as they are awful but I feel she is almost becoming a bit holier than thou and it is getting tiresome.

She said this today about Kim's product:
[B]Jameela Jamil 🌈[/B]‏Verified account @[B]jameelajamil[/B] Jun 24
More
Jameela Jamil 🌈Retweeted Kim Kardashian West

Hard pass. God damn the work to take it all off before bed so it doesn’t destroy your sheets... I’d rather just make peace with my million stretch marks and eczema. Taking off my mascara is enough of a pain in the arse. Save money and time and give yourself a damn break.
❤️

I am glad Jameela can feel that way but not everyone can or will. I actually feel like she is now just posting this stuff to get her in the media. She is going to come crashing down v soon. Many people are saying that she is contradicting herself. She says she is a feminist but then she is taking a dig at Kim for doing this. What happened to "let's support all women."

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I feel the same, her "I Weigh" Instagram idea was good to begin with, definitely embrace women not being seen as objects or to be categorized by their size.

However as someone with Eczema and thus red blotchy skin, having something to cover up on the bad days is not a bad thing, and definitely not a move to objectify myself, or imprison myself.

I definitely find she is too quick to shame people for wanting to enhance their bodies, or use makeup. Her tone suggests she truly believes she is 100% correct and that she speaks for all women. I quite liked Zoe London's tweet on the matter today, where she was saying how people with skin conditions might welcome the new product, and that Jameela seems to think everything in the beauty industry is out to get her.

Whilst some of her past points have been important, she's quickly giving herself an online impression that she is just ranting; this is starting to have the effect that people will not take her seriously. Shouting the loudest at every passing cloud is not going to be helpful. Choose your battles.

Reactions: 28
I feel the same, her "I Weigh" Instagram idea was good to begin with, definitely embrace women not being seen as objects or to be categorized by their size.

However as someone with Eczema and thus red blotchy skin, having something to cover up on the bad days is not a bad thing, and definitely not a move to objectify myself, or imprison myself.

I definitely find she is too quick to shame people for wanting to enhance their bodies, or use makeup. Her tone suggests she truly believes she is 100% correct and that she speaks for all women. I quite liked Zoe London's tweet on the matter today, where she was saying how people with skin conditions might welcome the new product, and that Jameela seems to think everything in the beauty industry is out to get her.
I feel now that Jameela needs to be knocked down a peg or two. She literally is only going after this because it is Kim. I say that and I am not the biggest lover of the Kardashians. MAC have had a body foundation for YEARS. Why is she not shouting about them too?

Reactions: 18
I don’t follow her on any social media and remember she was a presenter a couple of years ago? Just finished watching ‘the good place’ on Netflix and I love her in that 😂 might have a look at her insta tho!

Reactions: 1
I really like Zoe London's tweets. She says it very well.

I liked Jameela in The Good Place too. But people are turning against her very fast.

Reactions: 4
I don’t follow her on any social media and remember she was a presenter a couple of years ago? Just finished watching ‘the good place’ on Netflix and I love her in that 😂 might have a look at her insta tho!
Yes I think she was a presenter. She's quite active on twitter and gets involved in trending topics quite often.

There's a thread about her over on mumsnet. Calls herself a feminist but viciously attacks women who dare disagree with her.

I feel now that Jameela needs to be knocked down a peg or two. She literally is only going after this because it is Kim. I say that and I am not the biggest lover of the Kardashians. MAC have had a body foundation for YEARS. Why is she not shouting about them too?
Maybe because MAC derived from stage make up, to be used by make up artists, as a form of expressing yourself or as an actor/tress etc for the stage/ film etc.

Kim is all about marketing products to people who want to be like her, to achieve her idea of perfection, flawlessness etc and this for some vulnerable individuals could spawn feelings of self loathing, anxiety, body dismorphia. Kardashians seem to put their name to products that are for people to use daily in the strive to be perfect.

While I agree the products are giving the same result, to me the issue here is that Kim is all about what product can she peddle next, dressed up in a way to make idolising fans feel more inclusive of her 'perfect' lifestyle.

As MAC launched their f&b years ago, it's not exactly a groundbreaking product is it? But Kim's promoting her product because it fits within this culture of photoshopped insta ready 'look'. And that's the problem.

Reactions: 16
Maybe because MAC derived from stage make up, to be used by make up artists, as a form of expressing yourself or as an actor/tress etc for the stage/ film etc.

Kim is all about marketing products to people who want to be like her, to achieve her idea of perfection, flawlessness etc and this for some vulnerable individuals could spawn feelings of self loathing, anxiety, body dismorphia. Kardashians seem to put their name to products that are for people to use daily in the strive to be perfect.

While I agree the products are giving the same result, to me the issue here is that Kim is all about what product can she peddle next, dressed up in a way to make idolising fans feel more inclusive of her 'perfect' lifestyle.

As MAC launched their f&b years ago, it's not exactly a groundbreaking product is it? But Kim's promoting her product because it fits within this culture of photoshopped insta ready 'look'. And that's the problem.
Yeah this is my issue with the Kardashians. I totally get that others might wear body make up as well, but at least they are honest about it, where as the Kardashians/Jenners are all 'I've never had surgery, I naturally look like this/got this body from the gym' and selling skincare they probably don't even use/got their skin from expensive facials. Plus the fact they shill those detox teas which they clearly don't use. I would have more respect for them if they were honest and weren't trying to sell a false image.

Its like when Kendall came out about her acne - it was only so she could be an 'ambassador' for ProActiv. I have more respect for someone like Katie Snooks who filmed her whole roaccutane journey, without make up or amazing lighting and just showing it all unfiltered. It was more 'real'.

Reactions: 17
Jameela Jamil is quickly becoming a toxic person, her attitude and coming across high and mighty, like she knows best and all must agree. People have no time for it, because she isn’t coming across well, she isn’t coming across as particularly supportive of women in general, it feels like it has to be her idea/brand of what women should represent, how they should act etc. That she wants to promote.

Anything ooh, no, that ain’t feminism. But it’s bullshit. She is heading for a fall from Grace very quickly in my opinion.

Jameela Jamil is quickly becoming a toxic person, her attitude and coming across high and mighty, like she knows best and all must agree. People have no time for it, because she isn’t coming across well, she isn’t coming across as particularly supportive of women in general, it feels like it has to be her idea/brand of what women should represent, how they should act etc. That she wants to promote.

Anything ooh, no, that ain’t feminism. But it’s bullshit. She is heading for a fall from Grace very quickly in my opinion.
It has to be on her terms. She is doing it for herself as it gets her in the media. I think at the beginning it started off from a good place but she saw the benefits she can get from it and has taken advantage.

Reactions: 6
Her mother has a profile on Daily Mail comments and I was shocked to learn Jamelia disowned her. Her mother is a domestic abuse victim but it seems Jamelia sided with her father, the abuser.

Google Shireen’s Law.

Reactions: 8
Her mother has a profile on Daily Mail comments and I was shocked to learn Jamelia disowned her. Her mother is a domestic abuse victim but it seems Jamelia sided with her father, the abuser.

Google Shireen’s Law.
What do her mother's comments on DM say?

That is strange. I Googled it and one of the images of mum shows her with a black eye, horrific. Where did you read that Jameela is in contact with her dad but not her mum? I can't see that online.

Reactions: 5
It’s all what she posted in comments on daily mail and her Twitter. You can find her Twitter by googling the same Shireen and the same surname as Jamelia.

Here is one of her tweets. Apparently she only found out about Jamelia’s abortion after reading it online and this is the email Jamelia sent her when her mother contacted her about it 😱

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Kim has a psoriasis on her legs which for years she has said makes her self conscious and uses body makeup to cover it up. There is nothing wrong with that. I get terrible psoriasis on my legs in summer and it definitely knocks my confidence a bit. If someone does something to make themselves feel better why is that a bad thing? I totally support Jameela shouting out about skinny teas and such as they are awful but I feel she is almost becoming a bit holier than thou and it is getting tiresome.
I completely agree with what you have said. I have psoriasis covering about 50% of my body and can be completely debilitating. I've for the most part come to terms with it but for certain occasions I do like to wear body makeup. I'm a bridesmaid later this year so will definitely be covering up patches on my back as I'll be in a low back dress.

I will not be shamed for having psoriasis nor will I be shamed for deciding to cover it up 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It’s all what she posted in comments on daily mail and her Twitter. You can find her Twitter by googling the same Shireen and the same surname as Jamelia.

Here is one of her tweets. Apparently she only found out about Jamelia’s abortion after reading it online and this is the email Jamelia sent her when her mother contacted her about it 😱
You know what, you never ever know what has really gone on in someone's life. While Jameela's mum being abused is horrific, perhaps her mum has her own issues too. People are estranged for all sorts of reasons. My husband is currently no contact with his mum as she is a complete narcissist and has been since he and his sister were kids. I am also no contact with my dad as he walked out when I was a kid. Perhaps her mum is like that. Who knows. It is something that we will never fully know. And while I disagree with Jameela and what she is saying right now, I find it hard to side-eye her when we don't know what her mum is really like.

Reactions: 23
I haven’t looked at her mother’s twitter for a long time but just checked and sad to see her son has also now sided with Jamelia and she hasn’t spoken to him since last July. Obviously there are two sides to every story but I just can’t take to Jamelia after reading her mother’s side of the story.

Reactions: 3
I agree with a lot of what she says about the skinny tea (or whatever it’s called). But I’ve never really taken to her since she was on T4. A lot of those T4 presenters had a “too cool” sarcastic attitude (not Dermot!) and I still don’t like them to this day 😅

Reactions: 15
I actually see that woman on the daily mail comments a lot. Had noooo idea she was jameela's mother! Wow! She is always posting really long comments about her law on the daily mail on articles that have nothing to do with what she's talking about. Seems like she's had an awful time... And now the plot thickens! I think she goes by the name miss Dior on daily mail - may be an underscore in the name, can't remember. Agree with @bubbletea123 and I think now jameela comes across as bitter, toxic and attention seeking. She is quick to jump down people's throats that don't agree with her and make snarky comments. I think she is very self serving and is hiding under the guise of being a feminist. So over her.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.