Jameela Jamil

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Geez, when did a world wide crisis become a one-up-manship. That just shows how fucked up and priviliged all these people are. Why not ask al the poverty stricken people in Africa how they survive on a daily basis. duck me they are so self centred and all about the "victimhood"

Reactions: 16
A while ago, pre 'Alicegate', I mentioned on the MOD thread I had been told as a 'WOC and a mother' I should support other women especially WOC. My response was, 'I don't support Farzana Ahmed-do you?'
I rarely use my personal Instagram so for someone to know I was a mother they would have to either assume or go through my Instagram to find a post about my business and an article that states I have a child...I know this because I have multiple children and the article mentions one, singular. The wording the person used was similar to that one article.
I guess Miss Jamil has a lot of time on her hands.

I told her I admired and respected the good looking Brit with the cute accent-making it in America, their story of coming out as a POC, the passion for championing POC on screen and raising awareness of LGBTQ issues, their success not only personal but having a successful multi series Netflix programme...I guess Jameela doesn't like Tan France as I was blocked! 😂🙊

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
JJ is out and about in LA, a place she called ‘super progressive’ and an ‘area where there’s so much love and so many gay people and multiracial couples’.
Sure, Jan 🤦‍♀️

I read that as 'JJ wears black face'....was so excited for her imminent swift cancellation. But sadly it said black face-mask

ETA: Is she really saying that there are no racially motivated terrorist attacks/mass murders in LA and that no WOC can succeed in the UK (and by extension that the US has a flawless record on race cos....Oprah? Is she *actually* saying that?)

Also her stupid face mask makes her look like Shredder from teenage mutant ninja turtles.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
JJ is out and about in LA, a place she called ‘super progressive’ and an ‘area where there’s so much love and so many gay people and multiracial couples’.
Sure, Jan 🤦‍♀️

I can't believe that someone so fragile and poorly like herself would be out shopping in a time like this, she's rich and can easily have her food delivered. The comment section on that article though 🤠

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I read that as 'JJ wears black face'....was so excited for her imminent swift cancellation. But sadly it said black face-mask

ETA: Is she really saying that there are no racially motivated terrorist attacks/mass murders in LA and that no WOC can succeed in the UK (and by extension that the US has a flawless record on race cos....Oprah? Is she *actually* saying that?)

Also her stupid face mask makes her look like Shredder from teenage mutant ninja turtles.
I think she’s saying LA is this progressive, liberal oasis. That’s why there are so many POC, especially WOC in the American film industry...😒
A lot of people I’ve spoken to have said they found being in an interracial relationship was harder in America than the U.K. I’m not saying the U.K. is perfect, far from it, but the race problem in America is so much more worse. You can’t live in your LA bubble forever.
Also, Asians are the most heavily represented minority on the U.K. rich list, with the richest person currently being from India. Whilst in America the richest people are all white (feel free to correct me if I’ve got that wrong).

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Sure, Jan 🤦‍♀️

I would never suggest this if it were not for the fact this is Jameela Jamil, but do you think, given that anyone with more than two braincells understand that masks do not protect us, she is perhaps inviting people to make comparisons with the mask and let's say, a hijab/burkha? And wanting to whip up a bit of a stir 🤔

Reactions: 5
She annoys me when she constantly uses the race card-excuse my white woman privilege but isn’t colourism a thing-ie discrimination within races due to colour. Jameela is a woman of colour but she is still pretty light skinned-has she ever acknowledged the privilege that comes with that versus people of colour with a darker skin tone?
Perhaps I need to stay in lane and maybe she has acknowledged this before,but since she is so keen on people acknowledging their privilege I’m just wondering if she understands her own in this instance(as compared with other people of the same race with darker skin).

I would never normallypoint Something like that out as I obviously don’t experience any racial struggles as a white person,but I make an exception for her as she is intolerable.
I’m mixed race and light skinned and completely agree with you 100%. She constantly uses race as an argument yet has not (to my knowledge -as I don’t, or don’t wish to follow her) acknowledged that she herself has privilege as a mixed race lighter-skinned woman with straight hair. And the whole “acknowledgement” argument wouldn’t be an argument if anyway she hadn’t made it an “argument” in the first place. She is insufferable and I really can’t stand her. And the reason behind that is because she uses her race and her sex as a victim mentality when in actual fact she’s just pretty unpleasant in herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m mixed race and light skinned and completely agree with you 100%. She constantly uses race as an argument yet has not (to my knowledge -as I don’t, or don’t wish to follow her) acknowledged that she herself has privilege as a mixed race lighter-skinned woman with straight hair. And the whole “acknowledgement” argument wouldn’t be an argument if anyway she hadn’t made it an “argument” in the first place. She is insufferable and I really can’t stand her. And the reason behind that is because she uses her race and her sex as a victim mentality when in actual fact she’s just pretty unpleasant in herself.
Exactly-she uses all these different cards (race,gender,ill health) but has never considered the fact that she maybe gets a lot of backlash because she is a complete hole lol

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Well said 👏 And OT but I love your username!

Reactions: 1
Absolutely
I would never suggest this if it were not for the fact this is Jameela Jamil, but do you think, given that anyone with more than two braincells understand that masks do not protect us, she is perhaps inviting people to make comparisons with the mask and let's say, a hijab/burkha? And wanting to whip up a bit of a stir 🤔
Absolutely, purposefully made sure she got a black one too.

Reactions: 2
Totally agree with this

Reactions: 1
i’ve never known anybody to self identify as much as her 😂. She’ll probably come out saying she identifies as a six year old boy 🤷🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 3

cant be bothered reading it because I know it will be self centred
Could have been more annoying to be fair to her but was it necessary to say about ‘fellow eating disorder survivors’-why can’t she say her piece and get on with it without trying to insert herself into it ffs.

Reactions: 2

cant be bothered reading it because I know it will be self centred
Good Lord, what even is this? Comes across as really passive aggressive. Not all of us CAN stay at home, don't make me feel tit about it Jam.
"Know that it's all going to be ok" IS IT???

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Is it true her hair is a wig? Because I’m really jealous of how perfect it looks even on her off days and knowing it’s a wig might make me feel better

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.