Jameela Jamil

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, but she is a complete knob.

"Blindspot" is not offensive. You are literally taught about it when learning to drive. There are people who are visually impaired replying saying that she is ridiculous.

I can't stand her anymore, I feel she just does this to get attention.

Attachments

Reactions: 16
Urgh god. Thats so annoying. Its not ableist. Just as 'falling on deaf ears' isnt ableist. Actually shes going to tie herself into knots trying to be as 'woke' as possible.

Reactions: 14
Her argument with the VS model yesterday was dreadful. She can't take criticism, always has to be right and constantly cried feminism.
I am a feminist, but she seems to put others down to make her point. Not very sisterly.

She loves the sound of her own voice that one!

Reactions: 9
She seems to have spent so long protesting problems that she now sees problems in everything and has just become an incredibly negative person.

Reactions: 3
I don't agree with her take on a lot of things... That being said, men get to comment and make unpopular opinions all the time and aren't nearly raked over the coals to the same extent as Jameela (saying she's shrill, unhinged, too outspoken, exhausting, etc). A lot of those comments rooted deep in misogyny.

At least, she spoke out about some of the hypocrisy within the industry instead of selling harmful laxative tea on IG like the Kardashians for a quick buck. I feel a lot of Jameela's comments are coming from a good place but are either worded poorly or she's quick to make judgement w/o doing enough research. For the most part, her takes are innocuous. I do like she said something recently about the harmful and very nepotistic modeling/fashion industry. Women's bodies are beautiful in all sizes and shapes and we shouldn't strive for looking pre-pubescent well into our adult years. If anything I feel that VS model took her comment and turned it into something else-- esp considering the company she works for (Victoria's Secret) and when models like Kendall Jenner exist.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Has there been any more detail about her having cancer twice?

In 2015 she spoke of a breast cancer scare but not actually having it?

Reactions: 1
I love her in the good place but find her very sanctimonious on social media - making a big deal about how she has imperfections such as body hair and cellulite but she’s still thin and very pretty.

Reactions: 12
I feel the same I know she has had problems with food and body image but hearing her always going on about how we should love ourselves while she looks like a model is hard to take seriously. I think she has good intentions but tries too hard to be an advocate for so many causes

Reactions: 14
Sorry, but she is a complete knob.

"Blindspot" is not offensive. You are literally taught about it when learning to drive. There are people who are visually impaired replying saying that she is ridiculous.

I can't stand her anymore, I feel she just does this to get attention.
HAHAHA what on earth???

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.