Jameela Jamil

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Personally, I think that her mother shouldn't have shared that email on Twitter. It screams narcissist. I am sure many women have had abortions without telling their parents. Jameela emailed her and that should have been kept private between them. She certainly isn't going to make their relationship better by sharing that.

Reactions: 37
I laughed when I first read her comments as she had a different user name then and was always posting about her famous daughter who she wouldn’t name and others used to try to guess at it. When it came out who it actually was I was disappointed as she wasn’t as famous back then and I thought it was going to be a well known name!

She’s changed her user name quite a few times! I don’t see her posting so much nowadays though.

Personally, I think that her mother shouldn't have shared that email on Twitter. It screams narcissist. I am sure many women have had abortions without telling their parents. Jameela emailed her and that should have been kept private between them. She certainly isn't going to make their relationship better by sharing that.
Their relationships has been strained for years now. She disowned her mother. I think Jameela tweets things to her occasionally and always with a nasty tone. I did see one reply once but it was ages ago so I can’t remember it just remember it was rude.

Reactions: 2
I laughed when I first read her comments as she had a different user name then and was always posting about her famous daughter who she wouldn’t name and others used to try to guess at it. When it came out who it actually was I was disappointed as she wasn’t as famous back then and I thought it was going to be a well known name!

She’s changed her user name quite a few times! I don’t see her posting so much nowadays though.
Seems like she liked the attention of people guessing.

As I said, what she went through with abuse is awful. But she gives off narcissistic signals which can be toxic for anyone, especially when a child is dealing with a narcissist parent.

Reactions: 3

Yes that's true actually.. She was always changing her username. Miss Dior was the last one I remembered. She would always have rambling posts. Can't believe I missed her announcing who her so called famous daughter was. Shocked!

Yes that's true actually.. She was always changing her username. Miss Dior was the last one I remembered. She would always have rambling posts. Can't believe I missed her announcing who her so called famous daughter was. Shocked!
She comes across as a bit unhinged.

She didn’t announce it but once she mentioned Shireen’s Law people connected it which was obviously what she wanted then she would say ‘oh dear, I’ll have to change my username again’!

Her username originally was her London postcode I think then it was ‘love’ then Miss Dior but think she changed that one as well?

Yes she probably is a narcissist but I can’t help feel a bit sorry for her especially now her son has abandoned her as well.

She comes across as a bit unhinged.
She does but that may be down to her brain hemorrhage and strokes 🤷‍♀️

She didn’t announce it but once she mentioned Shireen’s Law people connected it which was obviously what she wanted then she would say ‘oh dear, I’ll have to change my username again’!

Her username originally was her London postcode I think then it was ‘love’ then Miss Dior but think she changed that one as well?

Yes she probably is a narcissist but I can’t help feel a bit sorry for her especially now her son has abandoned her as well.
Don't you think that speaks volumes though? There has to be something going on with her. Narcissists can be unbearable as they guilt trip you all the time. For both her children to go no contact says a lot.

She does but that may be down to her brain hemorrhage and strokes 🤷‍♀️
When did those happen? Was it recent? I still don't think that excuses her sharing a private email. Her mother reminds me of Meghan Markle's father and that isn't a good thing. I am not a big fan of MM either.

Reactions: 8
Yes of course but her son did live with her until last year and he now lives in LA and has cut her off so it must hurt her that now they’ve both disowned her.

She may be a narcissist but the domestic abuse she clearly suffered as she has photographic evidence was horrific so I do feel sorry for her as same happened to a close relative and she also became unhinged and could never stop talking about her abuse even years later when she had got away from her abuser.

Reactions: 1
Don't you think that speaks volumes though? There has to be something going on with her. Narcissists can be unbearable as they guilt trip you all the time. For both her children to go no contact says a lot.

When did those happen? Was it recent? I still don't think that excuses her sharing a private email. Her mother reminds me of Meghan Markle's father and that isn't a good thing. I am not a big fan of MM either.
The fact that one of the first things that her Twitter bio references is that she is the mother of an actress and a published author screams borderline personality disorder to me. She's also publicly spoken about Jameela's abortion and love life, and seems to be unable to comprehend that her children are adults with a right to live their lives without her enmeshment.

Reactions: 14
The fact that one of the first things that her Twitter bio references is that she is the mother of an actress and a published author screams borderline personality disorder to me. She's also publicly spoken about Jameela's abortion and love life, and seems to be unable to comprehend that her children are adults with a right to live their lives without her enmeshment.
Yes, I saw that too. Another big red flag.

I find it hard to feel anything but profound sadness for her mother. The injuries she suffered at the hands of her abuser were life altering, will shorten her life and left her disabled, not to mention the irreparable damage that’s obviously been done to her emotionally and mentally.
I don’t judge her children either because they may need to keep their distance in order to be mentally healthy themselves. It seems like a horrible situation all around but I think it’s important to remember they are all permanently affected by that long term abuse.
I liked Jameela for bringing attention to a lot of shaming that goes on in advertising, but her constant going after Kim K is starting to make her lose her message (although I agree Kim has huge responsibilities due to the reach of her fame, which she is ignoring to make money she doesn’t need selling products that may harm people).
About the skin stuff: I don’t think it was Jameela’s intention to shame anybody who needs or wants the coverage, but more to go after celebs and brands trying to tell women they’re not good enough unless their whole bodies look Instagram filtered.

Reactions: 6
They definitely don’t talk. A while ago I saw Jamelia reply to her on Twitter but it wasn’t polite.

The Mum definitely has problems.

The son lived with her until a year or so ago. He’s in his 30’s and think he has mental health problems but now she makes it sound like he hates her too. She did post a photo of him with Jamelia in LA and said Jamelia sent it to her.

They definitely don’t talk. A while ago I saw Jamelia reply to her on Twitter but it wasn’t polite.

The Mum definitely has problems.

The son lived with her until a year or so ago. He’s in his 30’s and think he has mental health problems but now she makes it sound like he hates her too. She did post a photo of him with Jamelia in LA and said Jamelia sent it to her.
The mum sounds a bit nuts. She was upset and shocked that the son moved out. He is in his 30s, there's nothing wrong with that....

The mum sounds a bit nuts. She was upset and shocked that the son moved out. He is in his 30s, there's nothing wrong with that....
She is extremely mentally unstable due to the abuse she suffered. She really shouldn’t be on social media.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Anyone see that clip of her at the Emmys pulling a cheese string out of her bag. I think she tries SO HARD to be quirky it’s irritating. Like there’s any need to take food with you to an awards show, all that stuff is laid out for free. Also how gross would hot cheese from your bag be anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I agree she’s coming across as such a try hard faker, “ look at me, I’m crazy ass, got cheese in ma bag, I was on an IV drip just 5 minutes ago”.
If she was genuinely that ill, like she’d been posting on SM, she would have stayed home.
She’s slowly turning me against her even though I loved the skinny tea campaign.

Reactions: 6
I think we should give her a break after reading everything that's happened to her, the being born deaf, the parental domestic abuse issues, the anorexia, the car crash and her mother issues. I think shes doing well to be successful after all that tit!

Reactions: 4
I think we should give her a break after reading everything that's happened to her, the being born deaf, the parental domestic abuse issues, the anorexia, the car crash and her mother issues. I think shes doing well to be successful after all that tit!
Nope. Still find her irritating!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She is still a pain in the ass and obnoxious.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.