Jameela Jamil #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well Lil Nas X allegedly tweeted some horrific things that have been uncovered, really racist stuff about Beyoncé, Jay Z and even Blue Ivy (saying her p***y stinks...) and also said he wanted to duck his nephew so badly...his nephew was 3 years old at the time.

Jameela may not be aware of this. If she doesn’t know, she doesn’t know, so there’s nothing wrong with her support. But it’s fake support. She supports him specifically because: he is gay, and he has upset Christians. If he did exactly the same thing but he was straight and upset Muslims, or trans people, she’d be the first in line shouting CANCELLED. She offers lifelines to those she sees as victims, like when she was handed that list of rapists, feadophiles and sex offenders and asked whether she welcomes them and considers them as women and she said she would welcome them all... let that sink in: SHE SAID SHE SUPPORTS MEN CONVICTED OF RAPE AND PDOPHILIA. So yeah, I think she’s an idiot too for supporting him, again, not because I expect her to know what he tweeted in the past, but because she throws blind support at those she sees as victims even when they are slap bang in the middle of abusing those she considers not victims (like Christians and JK Rowling). for someone who is anti bullying and lectures others on social media kindness awareness, she seem to have a habit of throwing blind support to those that don’t demonstrate the exact thing she constantly preaches. She is a FAKE HYPOCRITE.
Reading about and believing in her at first, it has made me a bit jaded when it comes to feeling authentic and genuine in general when talking about issues I care about at times. I catch myself when it happens but yeah you’re right in that nothing is real for her. It’s performative and very selective. Last year she raved about the rapper DaBaby before he committed (or was definitively caught, rather) assault. She is a terrible person naturally so it’s natural she gravitates towards those just like her. She just uses the facade of social media to present it as something good.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Well Lil Nas X allegedly tweeted some horrific things that have been uncovered, really racist stuff about Beyoncé, Jay Z and even Blue Ivy (saying her p***y stinks...) and also said he wanted to duck his nephew so badly...his nephew was 3 years old at the time.

Jameela may not be aware of this. If she doesn’t know, she doesn’t know, so there’s nothing wrong with her support. But it’s fake support. She supports him specifically because: he is gay, and he has upset Christians. If he did exactly the same thing but he was straight and upset Muslims, or trans people, she’d be the first in line shouting CANCELLED. She offers lifelines to those she sees as victims, like when she was handed that list of rapists, feadophiles and sex offenders and asked whether she welcomes them and considers them as women and she said she would welcome them all... let that sink in: SHE SAID SHE SUPPORTS MEN CONVICTED OF RAPE AND PDOPHILIA. So yeah, I think she’s an idiot too for supporting him, again, not because I expect her to know what he tweeted in the past, but because she throws blind support at those she sees as victims even when they are slap bang in the middle of abusing those she considers not victims (like Christians and JK Rowling). for someone who is anti bullying and lectures others on social media kindness awareness, she seem to have a habit of throwing blind support to those that don’t demonstrate the exact thing she constantly preaches. She is a FAKE HYPOCRITE.
Who exactly is alleging these things?

Also - that's a whole lot of whataboutery. "If he was straight and upset Muslims" (??) we'd be talking about something else completely? She might be disingenuous in her support of him, but a lot of people are legitimately celebrating him - he's a groundbreaking artist and it's an important video.

I don't know why you assume she supports him because she sees him as a victim, when he has positioned himself as anything but a victim; I can't think of a word that describes him less.

"even when they are slap bang in the middle of abusing those she considers not victims (like Christians" - are you saying here that LNX is abusing christians?

Reactions: 1
Who exactly is alleging these things?

Also - that's a whole lot of whataboutery. "If he was straight and upset Muslims" (??) we'd be talking about something else completely? She might be disingenuous in her support of him, but a lot of people are legitimately celebrating him - he's a groundbreaking artist and it's an important video.

I don't know why you assume she supports him because she sees him as a victim, when he has positioned himself as anything but a victim; I can't think of a word that describes him less.

"even when they are slap bang in the middle of abusing those she considers not victims (like Christians" - are you saying here that LNX is abusing christians?
By “victim” I should have perhaps used underdog. And I didn’t mean him specifically as a single person, I meant the fact that he is gay = automatically equals victim, or underdog, in JJ’s eyes.

“are you saying here that LNX is abusing christians?”

What I’m saying is, and in response to your “whataboutery” remark, is that if this was an artist giving Mohammed a lap dance in a music video or releasing clothing designed to be deliberately provocative towards what she considered an “underdog” or marginalised group, you’d never hear the end of it from her.

Which is fine in itself, if, and a big IF at that, she didn’t position herself as anti bullying crusader. In my last post I focused too much on his alleged racist tweets. And like the other poster mentioned above, she can’t be blamed for throwing support behind someone who has done actions she didn’t know or was aware of. But she was aware of the furore he caused and the upset he caused people and continued to cause by firing off tweets to those who didn’t like what he had done, but because she has it firmly planted in mind that he is of an underdog status, she either ignores it or doesn’t see it. Which is why it’s hypocritical of her to position herself as the self-appointed combatant of social media bullying when she’s cheering on someone who is demonstrating the exact opposite of what she preaches.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
“are you saying here that LNX is abusing christians?”

What I’m saying is, and in response to your “whataboutery” remark, is that if this was an artist giving Mohammed a lap dance in a music video or releasing clothing designed to be deliberately provocative towards what she considered an “underdog” or marginalised group, you’d never hear the end of it from her.
But this is such a false equivalence. He is giving *the devil* a lap dance, not god or a prophet. And he is not being "deliberately provocative" towards christians at all; most people making a fuss about the video are right-wing conservatives using christianity as an excuse to be mad at a gay black man. What did he he do that was actually blasphemous or deliberately provocative?

Her positioning herself as "an anti-bullying crusader" is an absolute joke considering the way in which she has sicced her followers on people who disagree with her etc, but that's got naff all to with Lil Nas X and her supporting him. How can someone marginalised reclaiming their sexuality and narrative using imagery which *they grew up with* be considered bullying? Bullying implies a relationship of power - in the USA, the christian mainstream are the ones with that power. LNX isn't bullying or abusing anyone, least of all some marginalised group. How is he "demonstrating the exact opposite of what she preaches"?

Reactions: 4
OK, so we've reached the 1000. Here is the new thread. Yes I came up with the title but it did get the most likes out of those suggested - I did have to turn into 'text speak' a bit because of the character limit:

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.