Jade Billington #4 Jade, you've got this

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title by @ChuckaBuckaBingBong

I’ll leave the recap to someone else (@ot55?) but the gist is that Matt and Jade have split

Jade, (or Oohlala the spy) if you’re reading here please know we support you and are so sorry for what you are going through ! As the title suggests , we think you got this and if you play your cards right , this could be a rave thread one day 😅

Matt, if you’re reading here, please know we think you’re a piece of tit

• Haha
Reactions: 34
This recap definitely won’t be as long as the last one, considering we now know what’s happened! But:

- After much speculation, Jade has confirmed that she and Matt have split

- Not much is known. But Jade has said the split was a total shock and completely out of the blue. She had no idea it was coming and Matt just ended things. He’s given no explanation

- In her statement, Jade claims that Matt won’t be returning to his social media accounts. I’m not sure if he’s changed his mind, but Matt has continued to follow/unfollow Instagram accounts (he even unfollowed a church one this morning). So that doesn’t sound like someone who’s never coming back

- Matt has deleted some of the comments on his post. Mainly the ones calling him a rat or accusing him of cheating

- Matt has definitely been reading tattle. After his Spotify username got shared on here, he went to the effort to change it

- In the last video Jade posted (who’s more likely to Disney edition), there’s a question about whether they’d go to Disney without each other. Matt seems really sad and behaves coldly at this question. Which seems to be a sign this was coming

- People are pissed at Brogan Tate for making this about herself. Not only did she share Jade’s update to her story, but she’s been making it clear that SHE knew before everyone else

- People are wondering when Matt will get booked in for a tatto removal!

- Oh and apparently Jade’s mum broke the lockdown rules and was giving haircuts during the last lockdown!!

Reactions: 33
Long time lurker - I found it odd that he did seem sad on the Disney question but not sad at all waving at the end saying “See you in our next vlog”. There will be no next vlog of them.
And then make lovely comments, and break up a few days later.

Sounds like either he was a good actor or there was some a-ha moment (sexuality) or final straw (bicker, argument) that lead to such a sudden and unexpected decision.

Reactions: 14
I really believe something just have happened or have been building for him to leave her. You can clearly see how much he loved her and how protective he was of her when you look back at vlogs from the last few years, the name tattoo etc. So for that to switch off it can’t just be a sudden “I’m done” moment that he isn’t willing to try and work through. However, I do also think things weren’t all rosy and perfect behind closed doors and Matt probably suppressed a lot of emotions to make life easier. Jade definitely had things her way in the relationship, the house was to her taste they did the things she likes - the ballroom dancing and church seemed driven by her.

I think he has either been battling with his sexuality or over a long period he slowly fell out of love and it became more of a friendship. I think it unfortunately happens a lot when people get together really young and haven’t really experienced life outside of the relationship or been with other people.

I just think it must be something and not just a one day realisation because it’s throwing away a marriage, a house, pets and although we don’t really know the “real” Matt, he really doesn’t seem the type to cheat... and would you chest during a pandemic?! Just seems like it would be a bit harder to meet someone and then hide it because where exactly would he say he was going and you’d notice your partner constantly messaging someone else?

My heart goes out to her and I can imagine she can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel but I think as you’ve all said, this will be the making of her and she will find happiness again

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think jade will come back on her YouTube eventually with a video being raw about all of it
Which tbh id respect her for. I wish I had videos of youtubers being raw about a break up of a marriage instead of trying their best to keep their boss witch image etc up front, because I would have felt less alone and less like a failure

Reactions: 27
I've been thinking about this (because it's more itneresting than work 😂) and I think the reason this came out of nowhere for Jade was 2 reasons.

1 - Matt does really care about jade and knows she can be fragile mentally/emotionally so was careful to hide his feelings.
2 - Jade is so in love with Matt that he can do no wrong in her eyes so even if she did think things or notice stuff she would have denied it to herself, thinking that it was just her anxiety messing with her.

I bet there were signs there but Matt was subtle with them out of respect for jade and Jade ignored any she saw because she didn't want to notice or believe them. Like that moment where he looks so sad after she says they would never go to Disney without each other, how did she not notice that in editing? He answers all the other questions laughing and saying lots and that one he goes quiet and can't look at the camera.

Reactions: 14
I reckon he will be playing the ‘confused as to how she didn’t see it coming’ card. She’s probably been blind to the build up of the break up because she’s never been in another relationship and was so rock solid confident about him. He’s probably kept up with the same sappy husband act he always has peppered with some arguments that she’s just brushed off which has actually been him building up to leave. She’ll now have an absolute confidence crisis that she couldn’t believe she didn’t notice any of the signs and forever more struggle with her own view on relationships and trust issues.... he’ll maintain a defensive position that he did try and tell her he wasn’t happy and she didn’t listen/notice. And maybe there’s a work relationship in there that started after he felt unhappy at home, because I’d also put money on that they didn’t have much of a sex life.

She’ll go onto meet someone else and be happy and fulfilled and only realise then what was missing in her dress rehearsal marriage and be thankful that they never had kids and realise that the reason they both weren’t ready for kids was because deeeeep deeeeeeeeep down they knew they weren’t right together.

But I’ve never been married so what do I know

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I'm confused by the gay comments, we have zero proof and you can be camp and straight and gay and 'super masculine' - one doesn't go in hand with the other.
I don't think she'll be going to Disney for a looooong time, too many memories, definitely wouldn't be able to do a solo trip.
This is probably harder for her, because she relies on Matt for everything, shopping they do together, even taking Bunny for a cut, they always go together.
I'm of the agreement they were bickering more and he just held his hands up and went 'this is it'. I find it weird she decided to use his EXACT words, and I cant imagine what else you would say 'this is it' to.
I'm still in absolute shock, even though we've been speculating for weeks, so god knows how poor Jade's feeling <3

Reactions: 17
How sad is it that they picked ‘who is most likely to never go to Disney again’ for their thumbnail pic and that she included *we laughed so much*

This look right here......
Also I noticed that Jade is constantly laughing throughout, but Matt never really joins in. He makes jokes, but he doesn’t laugh along with her in the same way

Reactions: 12
Also I noticed that Jade is constantly laughing throughout, but Matt never really joins in. He makes jokes, but he doesn’t laugh along with her in the same way
Maybe she was massively overcompensating...... I hope so, that’s surely better than being absolutely oblivious

Reactions: 13
Do you think maybe jade did notice
Maybe she edited and published the video and just said to matt "Is everything ok, you seemed off" and he just went "this is it" and left?

Reactions: 9
I wonder if that ‘who’s more likely to - regular edition’ video ever got filmed. Perhaps he was off during filming it or there was a touchy question.

Reactions: 8
I hope Jade is okay. I've never took part in these threads because for some reason Matt made me cringe (idk why) but maybe I will now. I always liked the Disney videos and did wait for them to be uploaded. It's a shame that she built this world around him and then it all just came down. Maybe there were signs and she was blinded by love and didn't see them. Or maybe there weren't. Only she knows what she saw. I do hope she comes and makes an honest break up video, but I don't expect her to and I don't think it's fair of anyone else to expect it either. When these influencers are open, that's when they're most likeable imo. And I think sometimes talking about it is what's needed, hopefully Jade will be able to one day.

Reactions: 13
I'm confused by the gay comments, we have zero proof and you can be camp and straight and gay and 'super masculine' - one doesn't go in hand with the other.
I don't think she'll be going to Disney for a looooong time, too many memories, definitely wouldn't be able to do a solo trip.
This is probably harder for her, because she relies on Matt for everything, shopping they do together, even taking Bunny for a cut, they always go together.
I'm of the agreement they were bickering more and he just held his hands up and went 'this is it'. I find it weird she decided to use his EXACT words, and I cant imagine what else you would say 'this is it' to.
I'm still in absolute shock, even though we've been speculating for weeks, so god knows how poor Jade's feeling <3
THIS!!

I would actually be very shocked if he was gay.

I wish we could, in 2021, move away from the stereotypes of who is gay and who isn't and how they should behave. My husband isn't the manliest of man and has had people joke he is gay before. I also have gay best friend who used to 'act straight'.

I, for one, am actually so sad for Jade. I'm gutted they have split as theirs were the first Disney vlogs I watched are still my fave to this day.

I know this a rant thread, I've never come on this thread much as I actually like them but its nice to see the support Jade has, even from people that don't particularly like her.

Reactions: 29
Hi!
Lurker but never posted (as a lot of people at the moment!)

honestly I feel so sad for Jade, I’ve always liked her but I’ve always been a little off on him, he seems very staged in every video he’s been in and never found him too genuine. You can see on his Instagram that he posted less and less about them/jade and more just about him. It’s heartbreaking but I feel like this could be the making of her.

Shes mentioned she’s had self esteem issues before so maybe her rebuilding herself after some time has passed could help her become the version of herself she really wants to be.

Either way, I really wish the best for her and whatever the situation with Matt, I think she’s better off without. She may only be as dependent as she is because he’s made it that way.

Reactions: 12
I don’t think the gay assumptions are just because of how he comes across.

it would just make sense -
- he was still so loving towards her
- not explaining reasons to her as it’s taken him so long to admit to himself maybe
- not coming back to social media aka showing his new single / dating life

Reactions: 10
I don't think he's just said this is it and left and she just sat there. Like, it doesn't make sense. There must have been something, an argument or whatever.

Maybe he got sick of pretending to be in a loving relationship and maybe he felt what we saw, it was more like a brother and sister relationship.

Maybe lockdown made him realise. I don't think they've spent as much time together than they have in the last year. When off work, they're out doing things (pre covid) and obviously on holiday, it's not like they're doing nothing. Maybe he felt this way for a while and he didn't know how to tell her. Maybe he was worried what her fans would do.

I dunno, I do believe she was blindsided but not because there weren't signs. I just think she didn't see the signs, or didn't want to.

I feel for her but it's not fair to jump on Matt when nobody knows the full truth. If he's cheated then he's an hole and I hope he willy falls off but any other reason then I'm sure he'll be finding it just as hard.

Of course she'll get through it, she's not dying (as much as she may feel like she is) people break up all the time, even people that have been together over 50 years. It just means that it wasn't meant to be and she can now focus on herself. I hope she starts acting her age and matures, then in time, she'll meet someone that is her one and only and they'll have a great life with kids and happiness but right now, it's just going to be pain. He's all she's ever known, house, pets etc is going to be hard. I think he might buy her out of her half of the house and she'll move closer to family? Who knows but this will make her stronger hopefully.

In all honesty, I couldn't sleep lastnight because of this. Not because I'm invested in them or even arsed about either of them but just the thought of my husband turning round and telling me it's done. I had a panic attack. It's so unsettling.

You've got this Jade.

I hope she comes back with some divorce content. By that I mean real, raw, emotional content that will help others going through similar. Instead of pretending to be a boss witch that needs no man, if that makes sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I just find it crazy as to me, unless my partner cheated I’d work through anything to try and make a marriage work because it’s giving up a whole life together. Matt is still appearing in Jade’s videos from last months including vlogs where they are seeming to spend time together and appear “normal” in January. To go from this to a break up is very extreme. Surely it would be something that would be gradual over a few months and they’d take their relationship offline to work on the issues with just Jade appearing on her channel for the while. But as others have said, it’s like Matt was trying to build a following of his own for months. Just seems so sudden even if he was thinking it for months, he seemed to have done a good job of hiding it. There must be something not repairable

Reactions: 15
Whenever any couples splits it's sad. I can't start to imagine how she's feeling seeing the end of an era and loosing someone she loves so dearly. As it was him who ended things I can't imagine it was fun for him to think about upsetting someone he obviously cares about. I don't think either party is to blame, unless there is a legitimate reason (this is their choice to disclose obviously)

I think a lot of couples have struggled within lockdown and being around each other 24/7 and we have seen plenty of couples split over the past year. It may have even been as simple as they're both in different stages of their lives, they might both be wanting different things right now. I've always viewed them as Matt being the more mature one and maybe he was ready for the next step and she wasn't or vice versa.

They may take some time apart, see how the feelings are and get back together or they may split altogether. No one knows the future! You can see that they care dearly for each other and hopefully at the end of the day they both come out of this as better people and can support one another in their future endeavours

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.