Jade Billington #2 here's and AD there's an AD everywhere an AD AD

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn't that just the nature of adverts? I doubt Claudia Winkleman uses heads and shoulders, and most people in adverts on TV are celebs or actors lying about their favourite products. An advert is an advert.
I think there's a difference between an ad on TV and someone overtime building up a relationship and trust with you online, inviting you in to their lives and then selling you stuff that you trust they believe in. There's an abuse of power argument there. The lines are blurred, although I think as influencer culture gets more mainstream and the public are more aware of it people are getting more wise to it. But vulnerable or impressionable people are still likely to be taken in. They buy into the person much more than a celebrity, as has been seen with jade's fans contacting friends and family.

I'm not sure but I think in advertising if a star actively says they use it then they do have to, language comes into play.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Isn't that just the nature of adverts? I doubt Claudia Winkleman uses heads and shoulders, and most people in adverts on TV are celebs or actors lying about their favourite products. An advert is an advert.
But the difference is, does Claudia winkleman put 50 bottles of head and shoulders on eBay?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I really like jade and Matt and tbh would be gutted if they have split as I love their Disney blogs and they did look genuinely in love ..... however upon reading this thread (I’m new here btw so hello 👋) I agree with a lot being said - I’m finding her ads really annoying and obviously there to cash in ... just out of the blue pops up a story on Instagram (well not over the last 4 weeks) saying how much she loves and is obsessed with sunbites - never seen before in anything she’s done and never seen since - then again with a different snack - etc ... I’m finding it with a lot of youtube and insta people I follow - I feel like I’ve subscribed to QVC. I will be shocked if jade and Matt have split but reading between the lines I think that’s what has happened .... no mention of Matt in her ‘where I am” post and he’s not shared her post in support ..... whether it’s because he’s gay or straight - I did used to find it a bit odd that he’d get excited about sitting and watching Disney plus for the evening or sitting and watching Disney fireworks or any Disney film tbh ... now do t get me wrong I do know guys who like the odd Disney film every now and then - but I’m sorry - guys like to watch the goodfellas and pulp fiction etc .... he’s probably left her to binge on some bloke films 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Lol I agree. Im a guy and love Disney and Disney plus is good but I've really got to be in the right mood and can go months without going on Disney plus and sometimes even year or more without watching a Disney film.

I don't mind influencers advertising stuff they clearly use and like. It's more authentic and organic. But the minute they start switching brands every five secs or promoting stuff you've never seen them use then I get closer to unfollowing.

I am pretty sure Oohlala is Jades sister. I won’t say her name or anything. Which is very concerning seeing as I’ve been watching this thread recently and checking her profile to see when she has been active and she hasn’t been off it. I would be quite hurt if my sister sat and checked a gossip site non stop about me, especially if she knew how much this site upset me. From what I’ve heard from a few different people now, this is also who is managing jades account and she has been messaging people from her own account.

• Wow
  • Haha
I am pretty sure Oohlala is Jades sister. I won’t say her name or anything. Which is very concerning seeing as I’ve been watching this thread recently and checking her profile to see when she has been active and she hasn’t been off it. I would be quite hurt if my sister sat and checked a gossip site non stop about me, especially if she knew how much this site upset me. From what I’ve heard from a few different people now, this is also who is managing jades account and she has been messaging people from her own account.
What makes you think that?

Reactions: 3
Unless it was her way of trying to break the news, if people on here know, eventually everyone would know? Or it’s damage control?

Reactions: 4
What makes you think that?
Apparently she told someone ‘why don’t you go and add this to tattle’ or something very similar to that, probably sarcastically, but it’s seems very odd to say that, almost asking for drama, so the fact she has been on here so frequently is like she’s been waiting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Apparently she told someone ‘why don’t you go and add this to tattle’ or something very similar to that, probably sarcastically, but it’s seems very odd to say that, almost asking for drama, so the fact she has been on here so frequently is like she’s been waiting.
Omg lol. Did the sister apparently say this or did it come from Jade’s account?

also if you don’t mind sharing, where did you hear all this? Is it from other fans in dms because there’s nothing in the comments?

I’ve just been reading oohlalala’s other posts and they mention they’ve got a business Instagram account. That makes me think it could be someone like the Brighton girl because she’s Jade’s actual close friend as well as being an influencer

edit: Wait Jade’s sister is called Charlotte and in one of oohlalala’s posts she says she is called Charlotte (unless I’m somehow reading it wrong). So I think you could be right

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
What was oohlalala’s original post? I can’t find it... And did the person also ‘like’ a post alluding to Jade and Matt breaking up? I feel like my brain isn’t working today! Can’t remember anything lol!

Reactions: 1
What was oohlalala’s original post? I can’t find it... And did the person also ‘like’ a post alluding to Jade and Matt breaking up? I feel like my brain isn’t working today! Can’t remember anything lol!
078EE756-0A4B-48C1-8FB7-90385E510532.jpeg

This is their original post. But yeah they liked a post which suggested splitting and then later unliked when it got spotted

Reactions: 5
Ooh la la has also now limited who can view their profile. It’s boring at this point - give us the tea or disappear and stop milking any ad possible for views 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
8110ECB3-D26B-4C83-B649-93A15BB73585.jpeg
The Charlotte comment. Can’t believe we thought of the SIL but never the sister!!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Would she actually put her name on a forum though? Is it someone else close trying to make it seem like it's her?
This is from October 2020 and oohlalala never came to the Jade thread until now

• Wow
You little detective you! I doubt they’d have hidden or changed their name for the purpose of that comment 🧐

Reactions: 8
So interesting, she could just be looking out for her sister I guess

This is pure speculation but I hope they haven't split up, I remember Matt's bio saying 'just a guy in love with a beautiful girl' and it's been removed.
Whatever it is I wish them all the best and hope they are back soon.
This is the post that OohLaLaLa liked and then unliked

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Amazing work @ot55 ! Can I hire you when I need something finding out 😂

Defo her sister surely. Maybe she was liking the comment more wishing Matt and jade well. IF Matt hasn’t ‘come out’ I really hope she’s not relaying all this speculation back to jade, as that’s just plain awkward.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.