Jacob The Carpetbagger

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I skipped his Route 66 videos because those have been done to death, but I tuned in for his latest drive-through animal park video, and holy moly what a disaster! It should have been obvious that driving his car, filming a video, and feeding animals are one too many tasks to do simultaneously, but he had to find that out for himself the hard way.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I skipped his Route 66 videos because those have been done to death, but I tuned in for his latest drive-through animal park video, and holy moly what a disaster! It should have been obvious that driving his car, filming a video, and feeding animals are one too many tasks to do simultaneously, but he had to find that out for himself the hard way.
Simpletons can't multitask.

• Haha
He’s already done the drive through zoo before. Dude is in his 3rd repeats by now. I don’t get it. He could set up a live cam in his backyard pointing at a bird feeder and I’d get more entertainment out of it.

Reactions: 2
He’s already done the drive through zoo before. Dude is in his 3rd repeats by now. I don’t get it. He could set up a live cam in his backyard pointing at a bird feeder and I’d get more entertainment out of it.

Like I've said before. Him (and ATW) have very niche stuff they do. Yeah, I don't need to see another drive through safari again. I did watch that one (I know, I know). Yeah, your own damn fault you left the food on your lap for the camel to eat.

There is only so many oddities and Americana you can do before you've seen everything . Like I said on ATW Tattle page. The same back road in GA that take you to the same abandoned or almost abandoned town is the same run down road in NC, SC, TN, TX, CA, AZ, etc. At least Jacob will go to the NE. I can't remember if ATW has gone any north of Hilton Head or Gatlinburg (besides his Chicago end of Route 66 trip he did with Jacob or when he when to SF with Natalie).

When I did follow JTC. I don't even watch his stuff in Oct as I dislike haunted houses and after the first 3 or 4 he did when he started doing them, they are all the same. I never paid attention in Oct (besides the video's around the 31st) if they start dropping off as they get tired of 30/35 straight days of haunted houses.

I see the Jacob is going more and more to major theme parks (Disney) to make content. Ugh.

Reactions: 3
I don't even watch his stuff in Oct as I dislike haunted houses and after the first 3 or 4 he did when he started doing them, they are all the same. I never paid attention in Oct (besides the video's around the 31st) if they start dropping off as they get tired of 30/35 straight days of haunted houses.
Oh my goodness, the Halloween videos are insufferable. The majority of the video is just darkness and him screaming so loud that the audio clips. I definitely skip his entire month of October.

Reactions: 4
Tips for Jacob: get rid of your opening theme, stop doing that weird thing with your hand while you’re talking that looks like you’re squeezing an air boob, more talking/less shots of your face, stop showing yourself eat please, leave your personal life out

Jacob the Carpetbagger hasn't posted a video since he returned to his junk-filled "bunker" a few days ago. Nothing unusual except that he has a weird perverted tenacity in cranking out nearly daily videos. You never really know these vloggers through the parasocial lens of Youtube, but I'd guess he and his soon to be ex wife are going through some heavy duty drama these days dissolving a marriage, handling finances, dividing property and real estate. I found it weird that both he and soon to be ex, Kristie, have both professed to already having some significant other lined up even before the divorce papers are signed. Apparently it was not a match made in heaven. They've been separated since 2019. His wife seems a more stalwart and committed to living a normal life, while Jacob wants to be both a bon vivant playboy and manchild running away from responsibilities. He managed to make a living doing his vlog for a while, but his brand looks like it has gone stale lately.

They've been separated since 2019. His wife seems a more stalwart and committed to living a normal life, while Jacob wants to be both a bon vivant playboy and manchild running away from responsibilities. He managed to make a living doing his vlog for a while, but his brand looks like it has gone stale lately.
Playboy in his own head.

I do give the dude credit that he does have some profession to fall back on if this YT thing goes under. He was a social worker. So hopefully he was good at it and social workers are always in need and the pay is OK (not the best, but better than other jobs).

It's weird to me that he found his rebound lady so quickly after his divorce. Was he seeing her on the side while he was still married? How did they even meet with his traveling schedule and family obligations?

In one of his sit-in-the-car-and-talk-at-the-camera videos, he mentioned: "I feel like I got my friend back" in reference to how he and his ex-wife now get along better than they did while they were married, and I hope that's true and it works out for them.

Carpetbagger is off to be with his girlfriend Jenn(?) in Rochester and he may "introduce" her to the people who follow his YT vlog. She must be the type that goes for personality over looks. Hope she also shares JTC's prepubescent boy-like fascination with childish stuff like dinosaurs, amusement parks and weirdo oddball tourist kitsch. I mean, that stuff can be cute and quirky for only so long, and then it just loses all appeal when you realize you are a grown adult and didn't really like that junk when you were a kid. And to make it worse, he seems to have literally run out of places to film and is back for a second and third time at the same old crappy attractions. His "freshness" seal got broken long ago and he's as stale as year-old Easter candy. I just have a feeling he's eventually going to end up living in his Mom's basement.

Carpetbagger is off to be with his girlfriend Jenn(?) in Rochester and he may "introduce" her to the people who follow his YT vlog. She must be the type that goes for personality over looks. Hope she also shares JTC's prepubescent boy-like fascination with childish stuff like dinosaurs, amusement parks and weirdo oddball tourist kitsch. I mean, that stuff can be cute and quirky for only so long, and then it just loses all appeal when you realize you are a grown adult and didn't really like that junk when you were a kid. And to make it worse, he seems to have literally run out of places to film and is back for a second and third time at the same old crappy attractions. His "freshness" seal got broken long ago and he's as stale as year-old Easter candy. I just have a feeling he's eventually going to end up living in his Mom's basement.

I don't mind the oddball stuff. That is why I started watching the channel when I watched it. I do agree that his "freshness" seal and is now on stale and needs to be thrown out.

As far as the GF thing. Look what happened with Jordan the Lion. I never liked Amy (his prior GF). So when he said they had broken up, I was happy about that. I think JTL is doing is wisely this time by not showing her and I understand she does not want to be in the video's anyway (past a leg shot if sitting or an arm).

I've met him. Unless he was having an off day. I did not find him to have much of a personality.

Yuck in the sense of being too darn cutesy, like watching any couple fawning over each other. It is uncomfortable. Just go to weird odd places and do your spiel and leave it at that. Doing a one-off collab occasionally is okay, but putting out this non-platonic romance stuff, especially if he's still in the process of getting divorced, is just, yuck.

Reactions: 6
cbex.JPG

Seems that both Carpetbagger and his ex-wife quickly found a significant other in short order. Here she is, Kristie, with Andy on April 3, 2022 on her Kennedyrain channel. Carpetbagger uploaded a video shortly after with his girlfriend. A bit of tit for tat in the "I found someone else" sweepstakes. She's a homebody type and Carpetbagger was a constantly rolling stone. Not hard to imagine where the friction was. I have heard some lurid chatter about Carpetbagger infidelity that may have fomented a break up, but those rumors seemed mean-spirited and spurious at best.

• Haha
I think it's funny that someone who travels for a living got himself added to a Canadian watchlist for trying to bring a taser into the country and now faces extra scrutiny each time he crosses the border. :LOL:

I sampled a few of his recent videos, and he seems very happy, so I hope that's accurate and things are working out for him in his personal life.

• Wow
Dude is in his 3rd repeats by now. I don’t get it.
I can't even hate watch him anymore. But out of interest I looked to see what he posted in the past week. I see he is back again at Jungle Jim themed grocery store. If I remember correctly this is his 3rd trip (ironically) to the store. Also a Mr. Rogers vlog. I think when I was hate watching him he's done a few of those too.

For someone who has 400K subs. It seems to take him a few days to even get to 25K. I still think he has been buying subs and views. As for someone who has 400K subs you'd think he'd get 25K on his 24/36 hours not 48 hours later (I also realize people have lives and sometimes it takes a couple days sometimes for people to view the vlog. But still).

I think it's funny that someone who travels for a living got himself added to a Canadian watchlist for trying to bring a taser into the country and now faces extra scrutiny each time he crosses the border. :LOL:

I sampled a few of his recent videos, and he seems very happy, so I hope that's accurate and things are working out for him in his personal life.
I am happy he has a GF. BUT, it seems like he is homeless. I think he still has the bunker. But that is not going to last long to still live in a basement of his ex-wife's house when she has a BF. I don't think he has been dating his new lady long enough to move in with her. So all these long road trips to make up for the fact that he has no place to go will burn him out. Like mentioned, he is already on his third go around with alot of stuff and it will get worse unless he figures out which way he wants to go with his channel.

For someone who has 400K subs. It seems to take him a few days to even get to 25K. I still think he has been buying subs and views.
Yes, it doesn't really add up. When he does his live streams, he's getting only 1% of his sub base. That's very odd. Not a very loyal following to say the least. He's obviously padded out the sub count to make a himself look bigger than he is. What a sad fragile ego he must have. He's stated that YT is his "job" and thus more than likely justifies the lies by telling himself its only a business decision.

He's trapped in a rut of repeating a lot of earlier content. I liked Jacob when I first came across his channel and spent some time browsing through his past 2100 or so videos. He had an earlier similar alpaca "attack" like the camel incident. And yeah, he's done the same old places numerous times now. He's gone really stale and there has been nothing novel about his last year of videos. I can't watch any of his new videos without zooming through them, maybe a minute or so to scroll through a 25 min video.

I find his "audience" a bit suspect. Who in the world would hand good useful cash to him? He turns around and films himself shoving money in every stupid blow mold machine and hokey arcade game. He's really a self-absorbed embarrassing man child who abandoned his wife and daughter to be a YT vlogger. He obviously has to prove himself to others. And his base seems to be an older, right leaning crowd, so he doesn't do politics or go anywhere near controversy.

As a personality, he's a dumpy ugly little man with a sometimes gift of gab, although he's woefully uninformed on a lot of things he talks about. He might appeal to people who are naturally nice and empathetic, people who want to help a guy out. But I feel he's playing the crowd for suckers at this point.

Yes, it doesn't really add up. When he does his live streams, he's getting only 1% of his sub base.
OOPS. One percent of 400,000 would be 4000, but he gets maybe just a few hundred, so he only gets about .001% of his subs watching his live streams. Compare that to other vloggers and gamers who are getting near 10% viewers on live streams. The guy is a sham.

Oh, and today I got sick of hearing him crow about his noble past protecting poor vulnerable children. He stated many times he hated that job. The guy abandoned his own wife and daughter to gallivant around the country to make his cringy vlogs.

He's nothing but a lying thirsty attention bleep, and people just gobble up the BS.

He's definitely getting stale with his content. Even he seems bored when he visits the same places he's visited before. (At a Ripley's attraction, for example, he has no emotion in his voice as he says: "Let's open the lid of this box; I hope something doesn't jump out and jumpscare me." because he knows what's coming and so do we.)

How sustainable is his schtick of visiting quirky places? Certainly there are a ton of such attractions available, but seeing how he's dipping into reruns already, can the game possibly sustain him through the rest of his working life? Will people keep watching videos of that dumb Earthquake ride in Gatlinburg for 20 years? Or will he pivot to something new? And if so, what will that be?