Jack Monroe #99 Great Eggspectations

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s her english homework, guys. She’s just a wee bairn. Give her a break. View attachment 299969
Miss said they can’t use computers.
“There was a lot to get on there”

How handy!! Useful information stuck to a static object in the house. If only there were a useful, portable object which had the ability to connect to the internet where the full detail is easily found.

What an absolute waste of time and she’s proud of it!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
View attachment 300001View attachment 300002
I’ve gone back and forth over whether to post this as it seems i’m more concerned than she is about their privacy.
This is a huge amount of mixing!!! Fucks sake!!!! No wonder we’re in the tit we’re in. I normally hate pointing the finger at other people because I think we’ve been let down appallingly by the failure to act in the very early days and it’s what the government wants us all in-fighting...but how on earth can she interpret this four week lockdown to mean they can go to all those different places?!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
All that nonsense just to drop another hint that she's back with Louisa, and pretend to have filming work?

Are the rules in England really that complicated? Admittedly my eyes glaze over whenever I see people talking about whatever that bubble thing is, but over here I manage to get by without a note on the fridge. Should I be checking my privilege?

A cynic might say that anyone who writes the rules out like that is looking for loopholes. We all know the basic principle: stay home unless you have to go outside. Anyone else see a lot of essential trips in R Jackie's future?

PS it's not like she has any friends she'd otherwise be hanging out with

PPS your dining room has ceilings as high as the Sistine Chapel's, stop calling it a bungalow, Jack.
It also has stairs!

Reactions: 16
Find it kind of interesting that she's at the top of the list and has the most information.
Me me me me me me me me meeeeeeeeeeee.

Why the sudden enthusiasm for hand writing everything though? Have I missed something?
She’ll start aff linking sharpies and notebooks on Amazon today.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
This is a huge amount of mixing!!! Fucks sake!!!! No wonder we’re in the tit we’re in. I normally hate pointing the finger at other people because I think we’ve been let down appallingly by the failure to act in the very early days and it’s what the government wants us all in-fighting...but how on earth can she interpret this four week lockdown to mean they can go to all those different places?!
It looks a hell of a lot like her 'normal' life tbh. Public transport just means buses. They're for actual poors. Jackie only does first class on the train, so doesn't count that because it's not something most people do 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 32
She’ll start aff linking sharpies and notebooks on Amazon today.
She'll 100% buy a bullet journal, fill in one page of it and then confine it to the scrapheap of her other failed hobbies and initiatives.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
TBF to the squig who commented on her handwriting, it is actually bloody lovely. I'm just so baffled as to why? Why? Has she really not got anything better to be doing? What is the point in it? There's nothing offensive or unpleasant about it, it's just so...pointless. Why?

ETA: I take it back about it not being unpleasant or offensive - had forgotten she'd called people gross. Can she not do ANYTHING without being horrible!?

Last edited:
Reactions: 30
Some of us "gross" folk can't afford the luxury of a car or can work from home, Jack, you judgemental thundercunt.
Also, it's not about anyone being gross. It's a bleeping pandemic and asymptomatic people are out and about. If you are socially distanced with a mask on a bus with the windows open for 15 minutes and you wash your hands before and after, your risk of getting or passing on the virus are small. Travelling for several hours on a train with broken aircon makes the risk much higher. No one has to be gross in those scenarios but if someone is infected, that's the problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
It looks a hell of a lot like her 'normal' life tbh. Public transport just means buses. They're for actual poors. Jackie only does first class on the train, so doesn't count that because it's not something most people do 🙄
I hate this public transport = gross thing. It's undoubtedly classist. Actually, getting on a bus and sitting alone with a mask on is probably much lower risk than finding a loophole to go to someone's house and talk to them for half an hour but whatever, you do you Jack....

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I'm glad someone said it. The rules aren't actually complicated at all. They just make allowances to help people operate. If at all possible, stay at home, just leave the house for essentials and exercise, dont meet up with anyone outside your household. If you live alone/are a single parent, bubble up with one other household.

Yes, strictly speaking you CAN meet a different person every single day outdoors 2m apart for exercise, but it doesn't mean you should. You can have people provide childcare, but if you are working from home and your child is 10, I don't think there is any need. The only people I know in my circle of friends who have childcare sorted during lockdown are medical doctors, a night porter and supermarket staff, I.e key workers who have no choice but to work long hours away from home.

duck, her post bleeping triggers me. The virus is rampant. I've been so, so careful and I caught it (off my kids). I had close contact (all within rules) the day before I developed symptoms with two people. I was so worried I had passed it onto them. (Thankfully I didn't, possibly wasn't contagious yet or because I didn't see them for very long). Just stay at home for four weeks, get fresh air and exercise safely. The guidelines aren't designed for people to work out how much they can get away with.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
You know the note is purely for our and Twitters benefit. No-one refers to their home as the type of building it is. You would just write “my house.” I don’t say to people, “Oh yes, I’m just popping to the shop then coming back to the maisonette.” Or maybe that’s just because I’m not hung up on living in a rented flat 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I'm on a bus right now. Everyone is wearing a mask, all the windows are open, everyone is making an effort to sit as far apart as possible. There's nothing gross going on.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I'm on a bus right now. Everyone is wearing a mask, all the windows are open, everyone is making an effort to sit as far apart as possible. There's nothing gross going on.
I suppose once you've been ferried about im a 4 by 4 growing up, all other modes of transport are a bit gross x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Jack Monroe is what happens when a Katie Price type decides to cook hot garbage instead of popping her norks out.

With that in mind, small victories I guess.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Short time lurker, remember her blog from my uni days of being flat broke when she first became big. I was curious following her name popping up in news (I’m not from the UK) and decided to dig deeper because the tweets were bizarre.

Originally I was going to lurk, but the comment about public transport triggered me. There is nothing wrong with not driving, not having a car, only being able to afford or even preference public transport. Surely someone with background in ‘poverty’ (sorry forgot she is crying poor) would write this. Absolutely disgusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.