Jack Monroe #96 Not that nice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fraus, I’m really struggling here.

Can someone explain to me how the attached tweet detailing food being made for cheap is any different to anything our dear heart has posted? Because it’s all the same isn’t it, her posting food saying it’s cheap to eat and this guy saying the same. Didn’t blank the names out as it’s so easy to find.

Am I missing something?

View attachment 290501
12 bleeping meals from a joint of beef, it's either half a cow, or like Jack's magic loaf of ever renewing bread!!!!

And he's a racist twit, and tinned peas just why? They're disgusting. And Just like our dear Jack it all looks bloody awful

• Haha
Reactions: 52
HAHAHA! I have just informed Herself that from this moment forward, fog or mist will be known as "Chickpea Ephemera!"
She's given me that look only a long-suffering partner can, pointed at the laptop and said,
"It's The German Women isn't it?"
I love that she calls us that 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I feel like I have been grunking for days. Current thoughts are that Jack is a massive gobshite. I don't get a cookie for stating the obvious though.

I hope she didn't let her son use the mandolin unattended but then this is the women who accidentally broke his arm and laughed about it :(
I do think she is packing and having to move, downsize hopefully, lots of handy hints being dropped there to weave a nice pity story. There might even be an article 'my tit year in the crappy bungalow'. Or 'how Covid cost me my career, wife and home' which will be the severest of all Covid stories thus making a mockery of the very real tragedies which have occurred this year :( So long as Jack gets her ££££ though ...

Harking back to growing up in poverty, I want to reiterate that it can and does have a lifelong impact both on mental and physical health as well as your outlook and experiences in life. It can also be a social and professional barrier. At the end of the day everyone has a different experience and every voice is valid, we need to listen and acknowledge the devastating effects it has. Our common goal needs to be the same; eradicate poverty for children especially but don't forget many vulnerable adults and pensioners experience it too. I'd like to see a fairer society and we really need strong voices like Marcus' to advocate and empathise with people who suffer from it today.

Back on topic, Jack is still a bleep!

• Heart
Reactions: 59
What are people saying to Nigella ? I mean is she being insulted ? Why ?
I await the lovely new baking sheets madam will be gifted 🙄 nice little beg there, Jack.
I used to feel sorry for the Jackocultists. Now I believe In the main they are thick and deluded and if they saw the moon fall out of the sky they wouldn’t believe what they saw. In the olden days they bought snake oil . Now they buy into Jack.
I really do think that they have invested into a cult. She can say and do what she likes, to the point of being abusive and cultojacks will defend her. An amazing talent.
She is laughing, fizzing and oh, hooting ! Because we can see the gearing up to moving house and all the money that will be sent. She reads here and pisses herself with mirth because she knows and we know she is launching a major beg. We won’t know how much, but this leech will take every last penny from the people she has cultivated.
It makes me sick. Because she gets away with it every time.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
We must make it so.
I'll do my bit! Hmmm, what can I say? Oh yeah, Jack ain't no Nigella

I'm behind and grunking, but just saw the lasagne recipe and I've been wondering this for a while - why does everything have lentils?
It's a "shrug, dunno" from me, but I will indulge myself telling you all that during lockdown I treated myself to delicious lamb cutlets from the local butcher (all very paddock to plate). I cooked them on a bed of two tons of lentils, artichokes, usual yummy things, and thus was frugally luxurious, which is my fave thing. ANYWAY, I ended up making the last portion of lentils into a "lentilaise". Obviously not vegetarian because of the lamb braised yumminess. Hands down, one of the best meals I've ever eaten.

This is why I find Jack so annoying: at all times, the food was recognisable

It would be hilarious if he ended up going to catering college to become an actual chef.

"Tell me, what made you want to learn to cook in the first place?"

"Well, it was my mum's totally inedible meals. You may have heard of her, she wrote a few recipe books...."
Please can he do the air fingers when he says "recipe" books?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Fraus, I’m really struggling here.

Can someone explain to me how the attached tweet detailing food being made for cheap is any different to anything our dear heart has posted? Because it’s all the same isn’t it, her posting food saying it’s cheap to eat and this guy saying the same. Didn’t blank the names out as it’s so easy to find.

Am I missing something?

View attachment 290501
Well John’s a bit of a racist bleep isn’t he. Why didn’t you cost the meat as well, smart arse?

I wish these people would duck off with their costing of meals, trying to make poorer people look like twats. It’s not that easy else everyone would eat like Kings every night. Although, this looks like something one of my cats would regurgitate 😖 Back in your box, John!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
Well John’s a bit of a racist bleep isn’t he. Why didn’t you cost the meat as well, smart arse?

I wish these people would duck off with their costing of meals, trying to make poorer people look like twats. It’s not that easy else everyone would eat like Kings every night. Although, this looks like something one of my cats would regurgitate 😖 Back in your box, John!
Clearly, bit of a simpleton. The thing is, reading his tweets and there are similarities between him and Monroe. And many others on Twitter. To be clear, Monroe is no racist. But she is hellbent on putting across her opinion/story in defiance of cold, hard logic. She’s massively ego driven, it’s all about her at the end of the day and so it is for wankers like John.

Reactions: 39
Jack Monroe attacked David Cameron about his disabled son, and lies often to acquire money from the gullible. We don’t care about her opinion on gherkins either, or anything else.

(See, this is a pretty easy game to play)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
Isn’t it half term where she is, and she has mentioned that she has her son with her?
Surely rather than this constant stream of piss on Twitter she could be doing stuff with him, outdoors and that??

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I actually did find a Le Creuset Dutch oven in a charity shop (actually a thrift store because I was living in Canada at the time but I'm from Manchester and not looking for an American audience so charity shop it is). The enamel wasn't in great condition but I bought it anyway because $7 and fancy.
I missed the last thread because 😡 and I am grunkering here, but I have just started to volunteer in a charity shop 🔺. If we find things that are worth a lot of money then the head office eBay as part of their official account. We cannot sell them for more money in the shop as no one who comes in would be able to afford the higher price we would need to put on the item.

Examples include a links necklace, cycling shoes abd a Stella McCartney bag.

It is maybe different if your charity shop is in say, Kensington high street and the people who come in can afford a thirty quid bag.

The point of the shop is to try and make money for the charity, so if EBay is more likely to get you the money then that route is used.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Jack's old man
Said "get in the van"
Or you can dilly dally on your way.
Off went the van
With Jack's brother in it,
She followed on
she walked home, init?
She dillied and dallied
dallied and dillied,
lost her way
that's when she learned to moan.
She can't trust her mettle
so she's begging for some shekel
as she finds her way home.
I vote for shekel to enter mackie's vocab

call me a conspiracy wanker, but I think she picks up words from her incygrunkas here and then uses them on twitter as some kind of gotcha. like, she's lying on a sideboard right now chuckling to herself that she's "winning" cos we know she's watching. 🥴

see also telling the same stories over and over and over again, like the only colleague you've been stuck with for the last seven months 😑 🙃
She definitely does, unfortunately she often doesn’t have a clue what they mean and uses them inappropriately or out of context. Like her ingredients, she just bungs them in without understanding. 'There all interchangeable'

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
But more to the point why the duck would you astroturf under your stairs?!
For some bizarre reason she thinks throwing these 'wacky' Anecdotes in make her appear different/interesting. 🙄 but it’s really just attention seeking.

Reactions: 18
Hold the bus!

She’s made something that looks..... nice
She uses far, far more yeast and bicarbonate of soda than other, more trustworthy recipes (That Man, Delia Smith, Felicity Cloake). So don't worry, dear heart, the finished product will still taste disgusting.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.