Jack Monroe #95 The only poverty she works to eradicate is her own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
(I'm pretty sure her martyrdom means that she pays herself minimum wage for 40 hours per week and the rest is "unpaid overtime".)

Her lies about the 90 hour week (sometimes known as the 20 hour day, but arithmetic is not her strong suit) are one of the biggest rage inducers for me.

In a 5 day week, 90 hours is 18 hours a day
In a 7 day week, 90 hours is 12.8 hours a day

Working means head down, focus on tasks at hand, KPIs, requirements, goals, outcomes, phone calls, emails, meetings, dealing with suppliers, clients and related agencies. It means preparation, mitigating risks, people yelling at you, quickly changing tack to solve problems, fixing them, keeping cheerful with colleagues, sneaking out for a coffee or cigarette. Working means bloody working.

If I am a concretor walking on a concrete footpath, I am in the vicinity of my main source of income. I may even have built that path. But I'm not working

The grey area is commuting, eg, "gosh, Marcia does a 60 hour week, if you include her long commute." Since Jack does not commute it's irrelevant.

If Jack is working 90 hour weeks, she is - as so often - doing it all very wrong

Since Jack is not working a 90 hour week, she must stop lying and go away

90 hours a week, famously paying herself the Living Wage

£784/week, £3,139/month, £37,670/year (before tax). If you’re still ‘poor’ on that wage, it’s time to reduce your outgoings

And that’s not including Patreon, book royalties, TV appearances, PayPal donations, etc

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I was just thinking this, that this is the reason why she assumes this poverty character is that she felt inferior to her richer friends from school perhaps?
My mum came from actual poverty, my dad came from a stable income leaning towards middle class upbringing. We had a nice 3 bed house and financial security albeit with very frugal parents who liked to buy everything second hand (I don't take issue with that as I do it now!) and always had an old car that we were embarrassed of 😅I do remember feeling distinctly lowly and poor when I went to friends houses in secondary school who lived in actual mansions. It took a while for me to realise that I wasn't dirt poor they were just incredibly wealthy, but definitely haven't let it give me hang ups into my 30's like Jack obviously has!!
She's almost possessed by resentment and envy. At grammar school she will have been at school with people much wealthier than she was and more recently she's mixed with wealthy people in the media. Any normal well adjusted person might feel a bit of envy but shrug and get on with their life rather than howl, scream and claw the walls alone in the dark, pooing and afraid in a Jack style temper tantrum.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Imagine her output on social media if she did this though! She's bad enough when moaning about how bad her life is in a 'crappy' three bed multi story bungalow bungalow riddled with more Cotswold features than a Boxing Day Hunt... even when she was cohabiting with her channel 4 exec partner!

The pity and wallowing would be horrendous. Not that there's any evidence remaining but I bet she was just like that after leaving Allegra...
That's really interesting to me. Most of us would be proud of that one year in less salubrious flat BECAUSE of the pride in saving. I've done it
Re: Council tax. Do they actually let you go that long without paying it? In darker days I couldn't afford to pay on time one month, and they came down on me like a ton of bricks within a week.

(in a better situation now, for the record!)
Well, I have to say, this council tax sounds absolutely horrible. I've looked it up to understand WHAT it is, but I do not understand, not one bit, how a person on benefits of any kind can be expected to pay it at all. It seems counterintuitive

It's just occurred to me but if as it appears she'll be leaving the crappy bungalow in February, can you imagine the whining and hysteria we'll be subjected to over the next few months? The floor clawing, fizzing and wailing will reach new heights.

I am both apprehensive and intrigued.
Yes indeed. And it's funny because we've had the hysteria about choosing to stay for the security of SB (thanknopaceyou very much); but she's obviously going to have to move or will move, so she may as well just move. Moving is a hard few days. It also costs money. It also seems inevitable)

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
The screenshots from MN were from seven years ago. And still she remains the bitter, angry child that presents today.
I feel very sorry for her in a way, stuck in a loop of perpetual victimhood, devoid of empathy and unable to mature into a grownup. Imagine if your main source of income was scamming people ? Whether they can afford it or not, it boils down to the same thing.
I wouldn’t want to be her.
Did I imagine it or did I see a selfie of her in hospital? Was this after the S attempt ?
So gaslit it’s impossible to make sense of it all.

Reactions: 49
“an absolutely devastated frustrated furious howling wreck”.

Hyperbole or what 🥴 Why does she write such over dramatic bollocks.
😂 how is she not mortified with this carry on? It reminds me of that one mate who can’t behave in social situations and goes am dram at the drop of the hat. What did she do at the ivy’s private bar? Wasn’t it show tunes on the piano or something 😂🤮 cringing for her

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I don’t grunka thoroughly so don’t know know if it’s been mentioned, but in the following link, Jack states that she crowdfunded her rent: https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyl...hes-adding-politician-to-her-cv-a3522251.html

Also, in that other article, she said she was currently attracted to extremely masculine men, and that her veganism is like her lesbianism: there are always exceptions, and it is always worth it.

So there we have proof in her own words, she was never a vegan. And not really a lesbian. She is bisexual.

I know there is reticence to question people’s personal categorisation of their own sexualities. Also, that confusion and personal growth are possible. But I think it’s important that this is not ignored, not just because Jack is a pathological liar, but also because lesbians have been under attack recently, with the definition of lesbian becoming almost meaningless to the point where some women who love women feeling they have no place in their own communities.

Words mean things, and lesbians are women who love women. Not who - many years after coming out - are attracted to extremely masculine men, go on dates with men, and “always” make exceptions to their lesbianism for men.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Found some vintage Jack when the Mums on Mumsnet accidentally summoned her up like a passive aggressive spirit.

She describes some pretty upsetting things but I personally no longer believe anything she says but for anyone who does or
might otherwise be distressed.

CW: Reference to suicide and loss of a child.
That's another story again. If we believe that the Essex Dad who commented on Mumsnet was Jonny's father, then she didn't tell him that she was pregnant till he heard about it and asked her straight out if he was the father. They didn't decide together.

And hasn't she also said in the past that her family tried to dissuade her because she was vehemently non-maternal? So why the need for a child, particularly when she seems to constantly ignore him now in favour of Twatter, feed him utter shite, and tear his favourite author to pieces?

• Sad
Reactions: 28
I don't lack empathy with Jack but I do think she needs perspective. I lost a child at 10 years old, he spent months in hospital, he was diagnosed with a potentially life threatening illness 18 months earlier, they did everything to save him. I spent 18 months with a gut wrenching pain. I don't normally go on about it because I am not alone, many have suffered, more my son than me. I miss him every day, but have to recognise my surviving son as his life is more important than his (beloved) brother's death, he has his own grief to deal with, he idolized his elder brother. All experiences have an influence, challenge you, devistate you. You have to move on, particularly when you have other children, you need to find strength to give those remaining a worth.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 142
I am very behind but this was deffo written for us, right?

New guardian article making me want to boooak.

20201027_034201.jpg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Plum and chickpea curry anyone? :sick:

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 03.41.57.png

Also - see the amazing sleep routine's going well, Jack!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Frauen, I have a confession. I put slices of banana on my curry and I love it (as a topping not cooked into the curry). I think it’s a throwback from the 80s but we always did it growing up. I also love a Durban curry which has apricots in it.

Completely understand if I have to leave this thread and you follow me out chanting ‘shame’

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
I don't lack empathy with Jack but I do think she needs perspective. I lost a child at 10 years old, he spent months in hospital, he was diagnosed with a potentially life threatening illness 18 months earlier, they did everything to save him. I spent 18 months with a gut wrenching pain. I don't normally go on about it because I am not alone, many have suffered, more my son than me. I miss him every day, but have to recognise my surviving son as his life is more important than his (beloved) brother's death, he has his own grief to deal with, he idolized his elder brother. All experiences have an influence, challenge you, devistate you. You have to move on, particularly when you have other children, you need to find strength to give those remaining a worth.
Bad form to quote myself but just wanted to add, not playing top trumps but JM's much repeated story, sad that it is (if true) is part of many stories, sadly with more tragic outcomes. Also others don't repeatedly go on about it because it's genuinely painful

• Heart
Reactions: 43
The screenshots from MN were from seven years ago. And still she remains the bitter, angry child that presents today.
I feel very sorry for her in a way, stuck in a loop of perpetual victimhood, devoid of empathy and unable to mature into a grownup. Imagine if your main source of income was scamming people ? Whether they can afford it or not, it boils down to the same thing.
Did I imagine it or did I see a selfie of her in hospital? Was this after the S attempt ?
I feel like "the media gloss over that bit" is code for "that didn't actually happen but I'm including it for dramatic effect."

The whole tone of that is rude and intolerant, she doesn't need to 'put people straight' in tones laced with sarcasm, it's not going to make people feel sorry for her (which I believe is her aim); they're just going to dislike her even more.

And so many different stories! So many different versions of Jack! Which one is the real one? Are ANY of them the real one? Does anyone know? Does Jack even know?

😂 how is she not mortified with this carry on? It reminds me of that one mate who can’t behave in social situations and goes am dram at the drop of the hat. What did she do at the ivy’s private bar? Wasn’t it show tunes on the piano or something 😂🤮 cringing for her
Cringing even more now having actually seen a video of her 'playing' the piano.

But of course it didn't happen so 🤷‍♀️

So done with her lies. I knew a Jack style liar growing up and met another one at university and I cannot fathom what the purpose of it all is. I feel like we're always on the back foot with her because she is constantly vomiting out pure fiction and it's impossible to know if anything she actually says is reliable. All of that is hateful enough, but then factor in that she does utterly hateful things and makes everything about me me meeeeeeee and she is a truly unlikeable person.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
She's done a few hospital bed selfies. There was one during her severely allergic to tomatoes, onions, seafood, or something else she continues to eat to this day, phase where she was wailing in the wee small hours to the Dr about being a food writer 🙄

So sorry for your loss @Mari24

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 04.55.50.png

She's shared THOUSANDS of recipes and ideas for FREE and now she's PROTECTING people like the dragon-slaying martyr she is! Get this woman an MBE!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 68
She deleted this within minutes

Untitled 6.png

She just can't bring herself to be nice, can she?! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.