Jack Monroe #90 Freezer of lies in a house of extravagant buys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looks like she's bid a fond adieu to the dream of an Asda collaboration. Probably bitter after she's seen Dean off Masterchef is their new budget chef.
View attachment 279370
Aarghhhhhhhh! The issue is not whether Asda offers beans for 7p or not. The issue is that in our wealthy society some people do not have enough money to feed themselves. Is she proposing that Asda's sp range is the solution to UK's poverty?

Reactions: 42
What?!? I am not vegan but my sister is. We all respect her views and as a family are really careful with our choice of language in her company. Its about animal welfare not diet. I would never say anything like this to her. How can you promote veganism in a book but type this on Twitter?

• Heart
Reactions: 34
The place you live sounds almost exactly the same as where I live. Co Op does seem to set up shop in food desert type places; a few rural towns in my area have them as the main or only grocery shop. Not saying they have nefarious intentions but it’s odd and very hard on the pockets as they are so expensive! Sure they are supposedly pretty ethical but it doesn’t sit right with me that they are the only option for people who don’t have much (they have also recently downgraded their loyalty scheme from 5% back on own brand to 2%... yes I noticed, where’s my book deal?)

Jack is so lucky to have several supermarkets within walking distance, plus more by bus distance, and her parents to drive her shopping back if need be

Also on a random note @Cuileann I love your username because it reminds me of a cute kids’ show on BBC Alba (Piseag agus Cuilean). Different word I know but makes me smile anyway!
If her 'severe ailments' are diagnosed by a Doctor, then she would be entitled to a free disabled bus pass...but then again if they are self diagnosed.. 🤔🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 42
but but, what about last week's stock? and the chicken thigh meat? and why didn't today's stock need to be reduced for 3 bleeping days?! and what's so gross about picking wings over?!!!

AND WHAT'S THE SECRET INGREDIENT?????!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Oh God you guys are pissing her off tonight!!! 😂😂

My hands have gone numb where I’ve been sitting on them trying not to reply to her pathetic tweets!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Thread title suggestion:

I don't do this for FUN, I do this for TIP JAR DONATIONS

(Now duck off)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Jack. Don’t use the term ‘a score’ while trying to be edgy and working class. Now get up the apples and pears of your crappy bungalow and snarf the goodies from your Ocado shop, why don’t you. Lying, scamming witch. Mrs J number whatever left around May? Way before you bought a £3k fridge, a minimum £1k trip to do nothing in Edinburgh, and certainly before you spent £400 on a hammock. Even if we believed that you only had a score a week for food, it would always be your fault and nobody else’s.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
but but, what about last week's stock? and the chicken thigh meat? and why didn't today's stock need to be reduced for 3 bleeping days?! and what's so gross about picking wings over?!!!

AND WHAT'S THE SECRET INGREDIENT?????!!!!!!

You took the words out of my mouth.

Is she hard of thinking? It's not thrifty to waste fuel and food making vats of stock you never use!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
And the odd box veg delivery.

I too am really sad/angry.

There is so much uncertainty at the moment about where people are going to get their next paycheck from and she messes around with £20 as though it is all she has in the world. We know what fortune she has in the form of expensive goods she has at home that she could easily marketplace or eBay if the rent is too high.

it might have been fun and games for her as Brexit loomed a year ago, but with the shadow of a second lockdown on the horizon and numerous professions wiped out, no one seems to be laughing anymore.

like others, I have reached peak Jack today.
I bet she is gifted the Oddbox, loads of influencers seem to be. OT but I used to get one but gave up recently as I didn't like all the plastic, but I also read somewhere that actually veg not used from farms if not able to go to supermarkets actually is rarely wasted it is used for animal feed etc, no idea if this is true though

• Heart
Reactions: 17
0DA2F688-E7E0-404C-8E42-BAA4B7D6C5FB.jpeg
4FA149FB-69CE-43E2-B96D-8136C8C22666.jpeg
44B0EE8C-FEE9-40E4-B0F3-B02BBF7B5085.jpeg
2BCAA51E-CC6F-4C6A-8AF2-AA0E00C3206C.jpeg
03B19E7E-203F-4F1B-94FA-090B764E5401.jpeg
4A4CF414-AA27-4D78-BE63-51C414461B3B.jpeg
E4C60A77-764B-4431-90A0-9BF5112E5428.jpeg

That last one is about the alcohol email. She’s in a mood now! “I eat some fish!” I missed one off her ranty thread before she deleted it but someone replied with ‘hugs’.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Until today I’ve adored Tattle and it’s really cheered me up. But today it’s getting me down, not because of you wonderful fraus but today I have absolutely had it with her tit. It doesn’t matter what anyone kindly suggests to her; she’s ALWAYS tried it before or got an answer as to why it won’t work. Once upon a time she was just worthy of an eye roll and a ‘what’s she like eh, falling under trains and punching holes in the door’ but now she’s making me physically angry in the same way the Tories do. It’s unbearable.
We have all felt like that at one stage or another. I had to come off Tattle for a few days because she was getting me down too. There comes a time when she crosses the line and actually becomes offensive. I repeated here what someone once said to me. Unworthy people often prosper, getting upset about it only hurts you and not them. Doesn't stop me from getting angry though and I can't wait for her downfall.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
3 different incarnations of potato.....I don't even elegant to know what's coming next week

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.