Jack Monroe #87 Anchoïade, anchoïade, anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nothing screams vegan like porridge on the hob, adjacent to a slow cooker attempting to sap any flavour from the bones of factory-farmed chickens

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 64
Remember how glad JM was to embrace photography after she was seemingly able to buy a camera again after her sojourn into poverty

I thought it sounded quite nice. 😳 Better go for a lie down...
Are you a cannibal?

Nothing screams vegan like porridge on the hob, adjacent to a slow cooker attempting to sap any flavour from the bones of factory-farmed chickens
You have nailed it, friend

I read that, & the exact SAME words came out of my face hole😮
I nearly commented but need to keep the lines open for maximum eye rolling exercise

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Important Cotswold Co. update. We now have 3 (of course) shoe benches in the porch. A Chester Grey at £299 and 30kgs to complement the two oaks.

13 items at a retail cost of £6441 and weight of 819.68kgs. Plus an unidentified blue piece in the lounge, possibly a bathroom sideboard - maybe more.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
Important Cotswold Co. update. We now have 3 (of course) shoe benches in the porch. A Chester Grey at £299 and 30kgs to complement the two oaks.

13 items at a retail cost of £6441 and weight of 819.68kgs. Plus an unidentified blue piece in the lounge, possibly a bathroom sideboard - maybe more.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Once again she's replying to someone who doesn't follow her and therefore can't see her tweets

Screen Shot 2020-10-13 at 12.08.31.png

• Haha
Reactions: 36

I can't be the only person who has never spent that much on all the furniture I've ever owned? Even including washing machines and fridges it wouldn't be close

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I've had to move frequently. It is pretty exhausting and I can understand that it's something she'd rather avoid. I think the lodger idea would have been a good one. It's not ideal, but then moving isn't ideal, so it's picking the ideal the option that you think is least worst.

I'd also say it'd be easier to save for buying a house if she isn't spending 91% of her wage on rent.
The World Health Organisation has gently firm words on what % of income is the max that should be spent on housing to avoid housing stress. This relates to mortgage or rent. When I find the paper I'll link it. It seems really important, or at least struck a chord with me; I've always kept it in mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.