Jack Monroe #76 £300 mirror mirror on the wall, who’s the poorest of us all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
20200923_200025.jpg

I'm still way behind catching up but saw this comment on Jack's FB page. I'd always imagined her followers to be young but this person must be in her sixties/early seventies and still doesn't know how to cook sausage and mash. Poor old nanny.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Frozen instant mash? Just boil the kettle when you’re hungry babes.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Babe same! She thought it was common too! When one of my mates introduced me to corned beef and piccalilli on a massive white oven bottom muffin I thought I had landed in heaven 😋 But probs haven’t ever bought a tin of corned beef in my adult life.
My mother cooked like Jack...Fuxking horrifically. She, like many others mums here, was also a narc...still is in her 90s!
Yes - she prob thought it was common too. We were lucky as she was a fab cook and a darling old stick - bless her. Could make a meal to feed a crowd out of nothing. Still miss her.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
On her FB she's describing the puke inducing tuna/courgette thingy.

She has actually written 'I fingered half a leek'

The mind boggles....

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Is Natalia still at work opening and reading that massive stack of letters? I think we should be told.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
My father's speciality dish of corned beef hash (saved for those luxury camping holidays) play a major part in why I am now vegetarian.
Coming home from school & finding out it was corned beef hash or mince & tatties for tea was the worst.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
On her FB she's describing the puke inducing tuna/courgette thingy.

She has actually written 'I fingered half a leek'

The mind boggles....
there’s a new recipe? Oh send me the screenshot pleaseee!

I’ve got a nice big pot of bolognese that’s being simmering on the hob since 3pm and I want to hug it tightly now

• Haha
Reactions: 16
View attachment 252518
I'm still way behind catching up but saw this comment on Jack's FB page. I'd always imagined her followers to be young but this person must be in her sixties/early seventies and still doesn't know how to cook sausage and mash. Poor old nanny.
Freezing mash causes it's to retain water making it more gloppy.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Gonna make the new thread now so that we have a clean slate on which to discuss her new dish.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.