Jack Monroe #74 The 19th most important gay in 2014

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This was part of a Guardian job she had, which also led to one of my favourite Jack lines ever (context: she is learning to cook lasagne):

I bought one from M&S, unwrapped it, felt through that sticky white sauce and revealed layers of minced meat, tomato sauce and pasta sheets. Not so mysterious.

It's a bleeping lasagne love, what were you expecting to find? Lord Lucan?

Loving the on-brand Fortnum & Mason hamper she’s perched next to😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29
“Felt through the sticky white sauce” she really does have a way with words that makes you feel rather unwell. Bet M&S where overrun with shoppers rushing to by their lasagne based on that scrumptious description 🤮.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Genuinely I hope she is okay and getting support wherever she is.

MH disorders can be complex and hard to treat.

Of all her listed disorders I think she genuinely has ADHD as a lot of her behaviour fits there. I have ADHD and I understand chaos only too well. For me that’s in executive function and being organised. For Jack it seems to be impulsive behaviours etc.
Along with that it’s possible she is autistic or she has some kind of personality disorder. I’m not qualified to say what that might be though.

Sometimes I have had concerns despite my irritation with her that we are witnessing a person with ongoing and deteriorating mental health. And that worries me.

Hopefully she has support around her. I know SB’s Dad supports with him but I wonder who actually supports and helps Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Oh I have a big grunka to do but I’d just like to give a shout out to United Agents for being the true masterminds behind this title. Especially for the long suffering Natalia, who’s job next week is going to be pretty bleeping tit.
I have a sneaking suspicion that Natalia’s job next week will be the same as any other week...

• Haha
Reactions: 43
why am I having a vision of her approaching the lasagne in trepidation, all wobbly lips and shaking hands, like it's some sort of bushtucker trial?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Loving the on-brand Fortnum & Mason hamper she’s perched next to😂
She may have bought it second hand.

I got one for £3.75 from a charity shop, although the F&M was on the top not the side.

I use it for putting things in.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
FFS just because she says she’s being trolled, doesn’t mean she is!! If she was, I think she would happily post the nasty messages for all the world to see.

There’s a saying where I am “they’re taking it all in like tattie soup” and it’s apt for these gullible people who think a complete stranger is everything she says she is and is 100% honest. It’s really quite worrying.

Reactions: 29
She never did "buy one and I'll give a free one to food banks" ffs. She did "give me money to spend on my own books which I will then donate to food banks while pocketing the commission".

It was EXACTLY the same as the standard MLM "give me money and I'll donate some hand cream to the NHS" scam. Christ.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 56

Of all her listed disorders I think she genuinely has ADHD as a lot of her behaviour fits there. I have ADHD and I understand chaos only too well. For me that’s in executive function and being organised. For Jack it seems to be impulsive behaviours etc.
Along with that it’s possible she is autistic or she has some kind of personality disorder. I’m not qualified to say what that might be though.

Sometimes I have had concerns despite my irritation with her that we are witnessing a person with ongoing and deteriorating mental health. And that worries me.

Hopefully she has support around her. I know SB’s Dad supports with him but I wonder who actually supports and helps Jack.
I'm obviously a much less kind person than you but I don't share these concerns. It takes most people years to get a diagnosis for ADHD or autism in adults (speaking from experience), yet Jack has openly said that she's been able to go private to get diagnosed and treated. This runs into the thousands of pounds and she's incredibly privileged that she's not stuck in the frankly dismal NHS system.

Equally, she's repeatedly spoken about her three private therapists (all of whom she apparently pays enough to be in her speed dial, available all hours of the day and night). If she can afford this, that's more support than any poor, mad fucker gets (I include myself in this contingent). If she's lying, well, that's on her.

I've struggled for decades with anxiety, depression and eating disorders, and aside from 8 sessions at uni and offers of group CBT (no thanks!) I've been repeatedly fobbed off by doctors with medication, being given leaflets about free bloody swimming, and other pointless stuff. It's taken me having to confront historic sexual assault and rape to get on a waiting list for decent talking therapy through a crisis centre and still the waiting list for that is 6 months.

Jack is SO, SO privileged that she can afford to go private, but ultimately recovery also involves accountability: acknowledgement of your own damaging behaviours and the affect on others. You have to want to be better. Jack isn't there: she shamelessly monetises any "chaos". She's built her brand around this instability. She surrounds herself with enablers. I genuinely think she overplays any legitimate conditions for donations.

I just can't feel in any way bad for her. *hangs head in unempathetic shame*

ETA apologies, my in-line spoiler hasn't worked, for some reason.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 66

JM has said before that she has three therapists on speed dial. Now, that may be yet another one of her lies. If not, then they would be private therapists because anyone I've known who has tried to get similar help on the NHS has said it's just not been available, or it takes years to get to the top of the queue.

• Sad
Reactions: 20
She never did "buy one and I'll give a free one to food banks" ffs. She did "give me money to spend on my own books which I will then donate to food banks while pocketing the commission".

It was EXACTLY the same as the standard MLM "give me money and I'll donate some hand cream to the NHS" scam. Christ.
Exactly! It was buy 2 and I'll send one of the ones you paid for to a food bank. So in other words, she doubled her profit and did anyone at the food bank even WANT the cursed book?

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Exactly! It was buy 2 and I'll send one of the ones you paid for to a food bank. So in other words, she doubled her profit and did anyone at the food bank even WANT the cursed book?
That way, she's not a penny out of pocket, in fact, she is making more profit as you rightly say. Very astute compared to the carefully cultivated image she projects to her followers. She gets the kudos for donating the books and the suckers who paid for them remain anonymous. She really must be laughing her head off at all the mugs/donators/enablers who are funding her very comfortable life.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.