Jack Monroe #72 It’s not a government briefing, you don’t need to announce locking down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
fair play for putting a smiley on his face, but also who describes a 10 year old as miniature? she's making out that he's still a tiny child! it's probably performative though, it just irks me

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
TBH I don't know why she's bothering to cover up his face when she's used plastered it over so many mediums previously (Guardian articles, Twitter, Instagram). I also find the use of 'Single Mum' despicable. Even if she has majority custody she has support.

Reactions: 27
Isn't it too late to cover his face now though? I would instantly recognise him if I saw him in real life, due to the pictures she has posted herself!

Reactions: 19
Another “my kid DEFINITELY lives with me and not his dad” post. It’s rather sad that she is still jumping through all manner of hoops to communicate with the tattlers.
What is the point of him living with her while she is BUSY working from 11am to 11pm? Raging and getting herself all angry bashing at her computer with her sausage fingers. Not a great atmosphere for a child to be around, a pent up, angry, venting "single parent".

He must just be on his own on his iPad playing games just like any normal 10 year old. Not having Moma (🤢) time after all.

ETA, a child can sense when a parent is angry, even if they attempt to hide it. Either she isn't as angry and fuming as she says, or it will be affecting her son. Not good either way.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I also find the use of 'Single Mum' despicable. Even if she has majority custody she has support.
Having one day a week when you're not the only adult responsible for a child's care isn't much, I think it's fair enough for her to call herself a single parent. She's doing all the work, 6 days a week 🤷🏻‍♀️ She's quite vocal about the Dad being involved so it's not like she's trying to make out he's some kind of wasteman.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
fair play for putting a smiley on his face, but also who describes a 10 year old as miniature? she's making out that he's still a tiny child! it's probably performative though, it just irks me
Because she won't get as much sympathy if he's not a really young and small child that she can blame stress on

Reactions: 9
For someone who hates exercise, she sure has a wide range of exercise equipment.
I cannot wait to see her proudly show off her new found strength from all the “anger-punching”.

The juxtaposition of her talking about austerity while simultaneously mentioning buying another inessential (and probably overpriced) item for her overcrowded house makes me sick.

duck off.
Maybe that's how she got a black eye?....the punchbag hit back!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Having one day a week when you're not the only adult responsible for a child's care isn't much, I think it's fair enough for her to call herself a single parent. She's doing all the work, 6 days a week 🤷🏻‍♀️ She's quite vocal about the Dad being involved so it's not like she's trying to make out he's some kind of wasteman.
This. I have a hell of a lot more time without my kid than Jack does and her dad is rather too involved if you ask me, but all the comments of you’re not a single mum make my stomach hurt a bit because I carry the world of her with me alone in my own life and can’t share much with an ex I don’t get on with. I do completely acknowledge that being without the other parent at all is another kettle of fish but hopefully I don’t lay claim to someone else’s struggle just by appreciating my own.

Personally don’t care for commenting on her parenting when there is so much else in the public domain we can comment on plus any dead naming I don’t like either but ‘shan’t’ police the thread!

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I am certainly not a Farage lover, but he has been on QT 38 times in 19 years. It works out at an average of 1.8 times a year, less than once every six months. Over exaggeration only serves to invalidate a statement.

It is my opinion that it is a dangerous route to go down to no platform people, it just drives extremists underground and they increase in number unseen. Better to have them out in the open and discuss and argue as to why their opinion is wrong. I am not saying that Farage's views were adequately debated, but who's views were on that programme?

I would liken it to Jackie's Twitter account. Jackie is the master of not allowing dissenting voices. It hasn't stopped us having our opinion of her, in fact it has hardened our view, and we are a growing band of dissenters. However it has had the effect of driving us into our version of undergeound, Tattle.

I think all views should be debated openly, homophobic, misogynistic, racist, the lot. They need to be seen to be argued against and their opinions shown to be wrong.

That was deep since I'm completely knackered after having a sleepless night last night. Here's to a more restful night.
Sorry, I'm going to slightly derail this thread a bit because you are way off here. I never suggested that debate should be censored or that he shouldn't have been on the programme. I certainly believe everyone should have a seat at the table but it is undeniable that Farage has slipped into the murky area of both hate speech and total lies (remember that billboard during the referendum?) and the BBC should not be giving that a platform. At the very least it should be challenged at every turn.

He is the fourth most frequent Question Time panellist, coming in ahead of him are Clare Short (MP and Secretary of State), Paddy Ashdown (MP, leader of the Lib Dems) and Roy Hattersley (MP and Deputy leader of the Labour Party). Spot the difference. Whilst Farage was an MEP he was leader of a party with 0 MPs, no manifesto and no donation transparency. Some of his appearances featured no Scottish representation or no Lib Dem representation. Worst of all he was once the only MEP on a panel during the European elections!

The fact is, his voice was elevated like a fog horn above many others who absolutely deserved a place at the table. And it was done by a public broadcaster. That's quite the opposite of freedom of speech in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Because she won't get as much sympathy if he's not a really young and small child that she can blame stress on
Yep. Hence he's always (according to her, so can probably put it in the 'didn't happen' category) speaking like a five year old Victorian orphan and not a preteen boy 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I feel like when she went 'viral' in 2012/3/4 though, she never mentioned the Dad was in the picture/supporting her. If she's doing 6 days though (if that's what she's now saying on Twitter) then fair enough, that's the bulk of parenting and maybe despicable is a bit of a harsh word - I take that back 😂.

I do think it's still not right to lump herself in with single mums who receive no financial support/custody days though.

I honestly think that Tattle has unhinged Jack. She's making YouTube videos for us (lasagne slop, Nutribullet, black pepper) with weird knife-sharpening movements. Then she's got a punchbag. Then she's OTT posting about topics we've discussed here (custody, bungalow, cat, money situation, etc). She was so rattled when we saw right through her fake glittery/shimmery eye.

She can't deal with the fact we expose her constant lies. And because she's a narc, all she can do is get angry and lash out.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
she's certainly having a busy morning of not writing the book.

I wonder what will stay up longer, the teddy bear stuff or the "serious" stuff? :unsure:

or replying angrily to unmonitored mailing list "pr" emails??

Last edited:
  • Haha
She does this a lot, speaking about him in a way that really infantalises him. It's definitely to play the sympathy card even more. He's 10 and a half, and (for once) hopefully spends most of his time with her on his Xbox, not listening to her howling and wailing and whatever other fuckery deep into the wee small hours.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I was going to echo @Alansbigplate and say that although JM is probably more of a co-parent than single MOM, I would class a woman who has their child/ren alone most of the time as one.
My eldest sees her dad once in a blue moon and the youngest goes to her dad every other weekend. That’s 26 days/30 I’m on my own.
We all know that JM leaches onto any passing label that will bring a bit of sympathy (money) so ‘single mum’ is an obvious one.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She does this a lot, speaking about him in a way that really infantalises him. It's definitely to play the sympathy card even more. He's 10 and a half, and (for once) hopefully spends most of his time with her on his Xbox, not listening to her howling and wailing and whatever other fuckery deep into the wee small hours.
It would be a whole lot easier and fairer if she didn't show photos of him at all, or even mention him. Obviously, in the past, she has spoken about him in press interviews, so people knew he existed. However, she did not have to keep making reference to him, or posting photos and then making out that she has got to protect his privacy - it is contradictory when she is the one who invades his privacy. Her public posting of her young child may cause him to be teased or bullied at school. Her entire behaviour is the kind of thing that other pupils' mums will discuss at home and kids pick up on it. All in all, she would be an embarrassment to any kid because she hasn't grown up herself.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
I wonder what the other parents must think at the school gates. I'd be mortified rocking up to school if Id been tweeting the shite she does!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
The single mum thing is only an issue because 1. she declined to mention that Dad was involved in the hunger hurts days, this definitely undermines her narrative of those days and probably reflected badly on him. And 2. She deliberately lies and plays the single mum card for sympathy. example "oh poor me i've had no childcare throughout the whole entire lockdown" and the next day on This Morning "oh he's at his Dads". This is where the criticism comes from, because she lies, exaggerates and manipulates.

I wonder what the other parents must think at the school gates. I'd be mortified rocking up to school if Id been tweeting the shite she does!
I wonder if there are any school run mums here...

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.