Jack Monroe #72 It’s not a government briefing, you don’t need to announce locking down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am certainly not a Farage lover, but he has been on QT 38 times in 19 years. It works out at an average of 1.8 times a year, less than once every six months. Over exaggeration only serves to invalidate a statement.

It is my opinion that it is a dangerous route to go down to no platform people, it just drives extremists underground and they increase in number unseen. Better to have them out in the open and discuss and argue as to why their opinion is wrong. I am not saying that Farage's views were adequately debated, but who's views were on that programme?

I would liken it to Jackie's Twitter account. Jackie is the master of not allowing dissenting voices. It hasn't stopped us having our opinion of her, in fact it has hardened our view, and we are a growing band of dissenters. However it has had the effect of driving us into our version of undergeound, Tattle.

I think all views should be debated openly, homophobic, misogynistic, racist, the lot. They need to be seen to be argued against and their opinions shown to be wrong.

That was deep since I'm completely knackered after having a sleepless night last night. Here's to a more restful night.

Thank you! I was going to comment much the same myself, but I knew it would just turn into one long word ramble.

Debate is imperative to freedom and democracy, especially with those ideas that we find most reprehensible.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
A punch bag, eh? Didn't a squiggle recommend boxing and a punch bag recently? And she mentioned that she studied the martial arts (yawn) so she'd kind of done that. But would keep it in mind?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
How very dare they!! They haven't had the foresight to rinse the mixed beans - you don't need a spicy tomato sauce for a tomato and bean dish.😉
Exactly. For some reason, Jack doesn’t think the povs deserve or can appreciate flavour. Everything she serves up is basically Dickensian gruel - soft blended-to-death stuff with no texture or taste.

ooh, we have tweets! she has white hot fury and is using a punch bag after writing her book for 12 hours, not including happy fun siesta time reading people's stories and then very importantly short listing, fact checking and filing. and she's looking for accessible and approachable solutions to... something but it's not working apparently. what???

oh idgaf, have a screenshot

View attachment 243739
This does not sound like it is going to be a very good book at all. It sounds like it will be a longer version of the famed “Potatoes”, and that was borderline deranged rubbish.
Oh and “invested in a punchbag recently”. YET ANOTHER inessential purchase, while she has been holding out the begging bowl.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Reading the news and opinion pieces today, I'm even more raging that she dares to call herself a political activist when she tried to interfere in another country's democratic process under an alias and then spoiled her vote in a referendum that she could vote in.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Screen Shot 2020-09-16 at 03.38.32.png

*A frau reads this exchange, shakes her head and smiles wryly*

Oh and “invested in a punchbag recently”. YET ANOTHER inessential purchase, while she has been holding out the begging bowl.
*Eye roll*.... and she'll have probably had to buy boxing gloves too.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
View attachment 243850

*A frau reads this exchange, shakes her head and smiles wryly*

*Eye roll*.... and she'll have probably had to buy boxing gloves too.
Of course, she will for this new martial art. You don't need equipment to kick men in the shins. Maybe she's planning another bout with her brother this Christmas?

• Haha
Reactions: 14
A punch bag, eh? Didn't a squiggle recommend boxing and a punch bag recently? And she mentioned that she studied the martial arts (yawn) so she'd kind of done that. But would keep it in mind?
For someone who hates exercise, she sure has a wide range of exercise equipment.
I cannot wait to see her proudly show off her new found strength from all the “anger-punching”.

The juxtaposition of her talking about austerity while simultaneously mentioning buying another inessential (and probably overpriced) item for her overcrowded house makes me sick.

duck off.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
ooh, we have tweets! she has white hot fury and is using a punch bag after writing her book for 12 hours, not including happy fun siesta time reading people's stories and then very importantly short listing, fact checking and filing. and she's looking for accessible and approachable solutions to... something but it's not working apparently. what???

View attachment 243739
She has been working on the book for 12 hours. It was 11pm ish when she tweeted. That means she's worked since 11am. What happened to the lovely family time she spends one on one with her son, from end of school until 7.30 (🙄) bedtime?

She has been fact checking? How exactly has she done that? Read all the correspondence between each claimant and DWP? Visited each person to see the conditions they live? Interviewed family, friends, and colleagues? She has been a busy girl to do all that in 12 hours. Most researchers spend months collecting information and checking its validity. R Jackie certainly is a wonder woman.

She purchased a punchbag? First thing on the list for someone on a living wage. It's an essential, don't ya know.

It's her first non cookery book and she hopes she does it justice. I doubt it, if this is the level of preparation.

She is white hot with fury, but hopes to come up with workable solutions. Ah, these things are so easy that a solution can be thought of within 12 hours, whilst also collecting child from school, providing his meal, giving him undivided attention, fact checking data, etc etc etc. Why the duck do we vote in MPs, employ civil servants and why haven't the myriad of charities come up with the answer. We just needed the maverick approach that R Jackie uses and it's job done.

I am a claimant, have been through the system, had numerous faced to face interviews and medicals. I know the system and I know it isn't great. But to imagine that she can sort it out in a matter of hours when governments of every colour have failed shows just how arrogant and conceited she really is.

Sorry if all this has been said, but it is the first thing I read after getting up, and she has really got my back up.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 78

View attachment 243739
Printing things off and putting them in lever arch files

That makes no sense unless you see the screen shots lol

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Gosh - I imagine punching 7 angry bells out of a punch bag (gloves or not) must create holy havoc with SEVERE inflammatory conditions such as arthritis. Good job she’s a trainee chemist so she will know what to do about it!

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Jack’s suddenly started commenting on Gizzi’s insta posts...is she trying to muscle in and get a spot on her new podcast? (I tried listening, could not take it, Very Cringe and extremely boring)
That is making me hungry.

Does Jack not notice how successful descriptions stick to a few key ingredients to make them easy to understand and quick to land? Hers would be “homemade flour, water, yeast pizza dough, streetched by hand with semolina, thrown in my gifted oven with a topping of tomato paste, tomatoes, salt, plenty of black pepper, torn mozarella, cheddar, grated mozarella, leek, olives, lemon juice, oregano, basil, mixed herb, olive oil, uncooked linguine, horse spunk, and Edinburgh herb plant.”

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Jack’s suddenly started commenting on Gizzi’s insta posts...is she trying to muscle in and get a spot on her new podcast? (I tried listening, could not take it, Very Cringe and extremely boring)
She’s so overly familiar with people who aren’t her actual friends. Still cringing at a 32yr old woman calling Nigella, Mom.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
Wow, so suitable for a 90% vegan :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
That is making me hungry.

Does Jack not notice how successful descriptions stick to a few key ingredients to make them easy to understand and quick to land? Hers would be “homemade flour, water, yeast pizza dough, streetched by hand with semolina, thrown in my gifted oven with a topping of tomato paste, tomatoes, salt, plenty of black pepper, torn mozarella, cheddar, grated mozarella, leek, olives, lemon juice, oregano, basil, mixed herb, olive oil, uncooked linguine, horse spunk, and Edinburgh herb plant.”
You forgot blending it all together and turning it into a chickpea stew.

• Sick
Reactions: 9
Another orange faced opinion here, the tweet the other day just randomly putting a load of pictures of Cooper and reminiscing about when 'they' first got him. She's tweeting Louisa. Manipulative. Hope Louisa can remember the good times without having to feel guilty or responsible for the tit she didn't cause.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
I find her constant, almost instant, deleting of Tweets fascinating. I've never seen anything like it from anyone else. Is it rooted in a deep self-loathing? Is someone advising her to delete? That much guilt and regret must be exhausting. If that's what she's like on SM, imagine what she is like writing a book. She probably managed about 200 words in 12 hours yesterday. No wonder she's so unproductive and never ever finishes anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Another “my kid DEFINITELY lives with me and not his dad” post. It’s rather sad that she is still jumping through all manner of hoops to communicate with the tattlers.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Another “my kid DEFINITELY lives with me and not his dad” post. It’s rather sad that she is still jumping through all manner of hoops to communicate with the tattlers.
At least she's had the decency to cover his face this morning.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.