Jack Monroe #72 It’s not a government briefing, you don’t need to announce locking down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TBH I don't know why she's bothering to cover up his face when she's used plastered it over so many mediums previously (Guardian articles, Twitter, Instagram). I also find the use of 'Single Mum' despicable. Even if she has majority custody she has support.
Tbh I don't think there is much wrong with the occasional in context photo. It is the plastering her child's image all over social media. So if she has listened and is going to conceal her son's face from now on, I'm not going to criticise her for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The single mum thing is only an issue because 1. she declined to mention that Dad was involved in the hunger hurts days, this definitely undermines her narrative of those days and probably reflected badly on him. And 2. She deliberately lies and plays the single mum card for sympathy. example "oh poor me i've had no childcare throughout the whole entire lockdown" and the next day on This Morning "oh he's at his Dads". This is where the criticism comes from, because she lies, exaggerates and manipulates.

I wonder if there are any school run mums here...
Yes, this you said it better than me

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What is the point of him living with her while she is BUSY working from 11am to 11pm? Raging and getting herself all angry bashing at her computer with her sausage fingers. Not a great atmosphere for a child to be around, a pent up, angry, venting "single parent".

He must just be on his own on his iPad playing games just like any normal 10 year old. Not having Moma (🤢) time after all.

ETA, a child can sense when a parent is angry, even if they attempt to hide it. Either she isn't as angry and fuming as she says, or it will be affecting her son. Not good either way.
If it happened.

Reactions: 7
@GrunkaLunka and @Alansbigplate are always worth listening to on here. I've felt a bit funny about the 'she's not a single mum' posts for a while. I have several friends who would describe themselves as single parents (and so would I) because they are divorced and have the kids most of the time. And I can see that their lives are very different to mine, as my sons' dad and I are happily shacked up and parent together. Yes, he often works very long hours and some weeks I'm with the kids all the time and he's away, but it still is very different, as I have his emotional support all the time, even when he isn't here physically. I get the sense that often separated parents who co-parent very successfully, are still emotionally more alone than those of us who are not. That's a different burden and just because her ex is still involved and by all accounts a good dad doesn't mean she isn't a single mum.

I hate the performative use of her kid's images and anecdotes about him, but I don't think it's fair to make assumptions about her being a tit parent, about how often the kid is with his dad or insinuate that she's going to lose custody.
Thank you for this! I have a very controlling ex partner who refuses to allow me more than equal access and tbf that is a great thing for the child at the centre, however as a mum it leaves a burning hole in my heart. I miss her so much and I also have to communicate with someone I hate on matters of her care where we disagree the most. I want to be with her more and so to me I don’t see it as I have it easy. The world is set up for families with two parents, I’ve been to places where there are meal deals on ‘free child meals with two adult meals’ and you sit there alone with your child feeling ‘less than’ because she cant have the special pack of crayons with the meal deal, because you don’t qualify. Stupid.

ETA the losing custody thing really upsets me because no matter how I feel about Jack that’s the last thing I’d wish on anyone especially because I know how it feels for someone to take your child away when you want them to stay with you and I don’t think there’s any reason to speculate what her child might choose to do. My ex is manipulative enough that mine might prefer to live there full time at some stage and that would pain me beyond words, and yet not be my fault. I don’t think SB is in any danger.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Thank you for taking the time to raise really valid points about single parenthood @Alansbigplate , @Harrybosch & @GrunkaLunka. It's all been noted and I totally understand and appreciate your perspectives. I'll definitely be more careful about that line of criticism in future. Thankyou x
I'd like to second this. I appreciate I've voiced my opinion about my own situation (Mr Moglits' daughter lives with us 99% of the time) and how neither he nor I consider him a single parent as a) mum is still technically around and b) I effectively co-parent with him.

However, I know I've mistakenly overlooked nuances, often blinded by my own personal frustrations - and failed to consider how said opinions might sadden or impact people.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think, as others have said, that much of what she gives as her narrative are of her being completely alone and then people tit on the dad for not being around when he is.

I also don't think it's a problem to question if she's able to parent to the best of her abilities if she's tweeting 24/7, doing a 'chaos' all the time, putting him in positions where he has to check if she's alive. It must be exhausting living in that household. Since March, SB has had his second future step mum leave, had his mum pretend her hair has fallen out, watched his mum do re-decoration/studio projects that came to nothing, had his mum start a pile-on against his favourite author, had a new pet in the house that became the love of his mum's life before it quickly died, then had his mum immediately leave for a holiday in Edinburgh, then just on the eve of him going back to school, he had to deal with his mum's black eye A&E episode. In addition to that, SB is alone in a house with a mum who is either working all hours or sleeping all hours (or most probably tweeting all hours) and is now parading him on twitter trying to tell a story of how lovely it's been to have quality time together over lockdown.

I'm having therapy because of my narc mum. Just because you are housed, clothed and fed and your parents aren't violent or substance abusers etc etc doesn't mean that all is well.
I totally get this too my mum is n too and I don’t mean to make light of that x

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Thank you for this! I have a very controlling ex partner who refuses to allow me more than equal access and tbf that is a great thing for the child at the centre, however as a mum it leaves a burning hole in my heart. I want to be with her more and so to me I don’t see it as I have it easy. The world is set up for families with two parents, I’ve been to places where there are meal deals on ‘free child meals with two adult meals’ and you sit there alone with your choke feeling ‘less than’ x

ETA the losing custody thing really upsets me because no matter how I feel about Jack that’s the last thing I’d wish on anyone and I don’t think there’s any reason to speculate what her child might choose to do. My ex is manipulative enough that mine might prefer to live there full time and that would pain me beyond words, and yet not be my fault. I don’t think SB is in any danger.
Oh Alan ❤ - you could never be 'less than'. Giving you a massive hug.

partridge hug.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
I'd like to second this. I appreciate I've voiced my opinion about my own situation (Mr Moglits' daughter lives with us 99% of the time) and how neither he nor I consider him a single parent as a) mum is still technically around and b) I effectively co-parent with him.

However, I know I've mistakenly overlooked nuances, often blinded by my own personal frustrations - and failed to consider how said opinions might sadden or impact people.
I love the fact that we all can have open conversations and consider our stances on things or even just agree to disagree. It’s something Jack and her followers can’t do and it clearly frustrates her that she can’t access this forum any more.

Oh Alan ❤ - you could never be 'less than'. Giving you a massive hug.

View attachment 244096
Haha thank you, it’s just something I’ve felt on occasion and I think to me the single part is I am single and it would probably be different if I had a new partner. Maybe this is why Jack is feeling the struggle more now she’s on her own again

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Thank you for this! I have a very controlling ex partner who refuses to allow me more than equal access and tbf that is a great thing for the child at the centre, however as a mum it leaves a burning hole in my heart. I miss her so much and I also have to communicate with someone I hate on matters of her care where we disagree the most. I want to be with her more and so to me I don’t see it as I have it easy. The world is set up for families with two parents, I’ve been to places where there are meal deals on ‘free child meals with two adult meals’ and you sit there alone with your child feeling ‘less than’ because she cant have the special pack of crayons with the meal deal, because you don’t qualify. Stupid.

ETA the losing custody thing really upsets me because no matter how I feel about Jack that’s the last thing I’d wish on anyone especially because I know how it feels for someone to take your child away when you want them to stay with you and I don’t think there’s any reason to speculate what her child might choose to do. My ex is manipulative enough that mine might prefer to live there full time at some stage and that would pain me beyond words, and yet not be my fault. I don’t think SB is in any danger.
8C677FE8-A076-462C-B930-529D4DFF88BE.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Thank you for taking the time to raise really valid points about single parenthood @Alansbigplate , @Harrybosch & @GrunkaLunka. It's all been noted and I totally understand and appreciate your perspectives. I'll definitely be more careful about that line of criticism in future. Thankyou x
I'm a little disappointed that you didn't end your post with 'Now duck off'.

We really are a horrible cabal, aren't we? Honestly, I've never been on such a nice forum, ever. People are debating, listening, changing their minds, defending a stance without getting personal. Round of applause to all Frauen and Herren out there. Chef's kiss.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
I think, as others have said, that much of what she gives as her narrative are of her being completely alone and then people tit on the dad for not being around when he is.

I also don't think it's a problem to question if she's able to parent to the best of her abilities if she's tweeting 24/7, doing a 'chaos' all the time, putting him in positions where he has to check if she's alive. It must be exhausting living in that household. Since March, SB has had his second future step mum leave, had his mum pretend her hair has fallen out, watched his mum do re-decoration/studio projects that came to nothing, had his mum start a pile-on against his favourite author, had a new pet in the house that became the love of his mum's life before it quickly died, then had his mum immediately leave for a holiday in Edinburgh, then just on the eve of him going back to school, he had to deal with his mum's black eye A&E episode. In addition to that, SB is alone in a house with a mum who is either working all hours or sleeping all hours (or most probably tweeting all hours) and is now parading him on twitter trying to tell a story of how lovely it's been to have quality time together over lockdown.

I'm having therapy because of my narc mum. Just because you are housed, clothed and fed and your parents aren't violent or substance abusers etc etc doesn't mean that all is well.
I wonder if he remembers the policewoman? Looks to me like that child has had way more than his share of emotional upheavals. As far as I can remember, all JM's previous fiancees have been Mrs Jack, so I wonder if SB had a special name for them too? Not forgetting that he had a step-sister who suddenly wasn't - and hasn't had the most stable of physical living arrangements.

wouldn't a proper writer gather their resources and fact check before they started writing.
Especially one with 2 PhDs 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My little heart is burning with the fire of a thousand suns, all the compassion from a canal full of conspiracy wankers.

@Alansbigplate thank you for sharing your perspective on this. I'm so sad that this is your reality right now and I cannot find the words but I wish it wasn't so. Sending you so much love and strength ❤

And thank you to those who listened with open minds.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
well, it seems Jack's finished her grunka/woke up from nap. she's retrieved her phone from the hall and wants to know how the grenfell files were lost, so she can make sure her own "incriminating" photos can be lost. which isn't at all crass is it?

oh and she's replying to the many many teddy tweets from earlier cos she's so nice isn't she

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
I
well, it seems Jack's finished her grunka/woke up from nap. she's retrieved her phone from the hall and wants to know how the grenfell files were lost, so she can make sure her own "incriminating" photos can be lost. which isn't at all crass is it?

oh and she's replying to the many many teddy tweets from earlier cos she's so nice isn't she
shes comparing herself with Grenfell victims?? 😳
ETA this was my assumption as cannot view her wittering firsthand and was incorrect

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
She lost 176 followers yesterday in the end. It jumped back up a little this morning, but half of that has dwindled away again now.

I think, more than anything - she's just incredibly boring isn't she?? 🤷

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
The single mum thing is only an issue because 1. she declined to mention that Dad was involved in the hunger hurts days, this definitely undermines her narrative of those days and probably reflected badly on him. And 2. She deliberately lies and plays the single mum card for sympathy. example "oh poor me i've had no childcare throughout the whole entire lockdown" and the next day on This Morning "oh he's at his Dads". This is where the criticism comes from, because she lies, exaggerates and manipulates.
I agree. She is purposely disingenuous about it for sympathy and for chances that she may not be given if she wasn’t a “poor struggling single mum”. She regularly has comments on her SM giving her sympathy for not having SB’s dad involved at all and calling him horrible names etc. Exactly what she wants.

• Angry
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.