Jack Monroe #70 #fakingmemories

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
...she did.
Apparently it's that simplešŸ˜Æ

Can someone pass me a tin opener & a sieve please?
Abandon your slop-slinging ambitions, dear heart. She was a mere nominee, the bold name above was the winner.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Nominees get one year of membership for free, winners get free lifetime.

Tbh whenever Iā€™ve been in there (not a member cos Iā€™m not a knob x) the ~celebs Iā€™ve seen have all been of my parentā€™s generation, like comedians or actors in their 50s/60s you grew up watching on TV. Thereā€™s nothing wrong with that (although like Jackā€™s Patreon I wonder how many of their peers have simply forgotten to cancel that direct debit šŸ˜‚) but between that & the corporate events that keep the lights on itā€™s vibeless and an odd place to choose to drop that sort of cash?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Yep, she didn't win the Maverick award - she lost to a theatre.

She's winding everyone up still I see. Glad she's got the time! Thought she had a book to write?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I do acknowledge the AA ā€˜birthdaysā€™ and so does my husband but even thatā€™s not such a big deal compared to the earlier days. I think itā€™s good to give yourself a pat on the back and I like to remember at least once a year how tit it was before I stopped.

The problem I have with JM doing it is if sheā€™s putting out there sheā€™s drinking non-alcoholic beer and karambucha (that has a percentage of alcohol) and also telling people sheā€™s in AA, sheā€™s giving off the wrong message about what AA is all about and what can trigger off the allergic reaction to alcohol. I know people in AA who wonā€™t use mouthwash with alcohol in it in case it triggers the allergy. Itā€™s really irresponsible. Plus it also makes me question why sheā€™s telling people - it looks to me that it is solely for attention because her mixed messages about it at all is certainly not raising the correct awareness imo.
Yes, she definitely doesn't give off healthy recovery vibes at all. She also does her usual trick of leaving her words open to different interpretations, so it could be this or that depending on what she's trying to weasel out of people.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
My husband is over 9 years sober. His anniversary is acknowledged only, but then he doesnā€™t attend AA anymore, so that may be a factor?

However, he refuses to drink non-alch beer etc because it would feel very risky a almost like cosplaying. Iā€™m sure I recall him saying that his AA sponsor and groups advised against it, but I may be wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I wonder how Jack is getting on with her book, having just 30 days left before she needs to hand it in.

Gee, I hope she's doing okay.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
What was in the bottle, please? And how many cloves of garlic? šŸ’—
Pomegranate molasses - YouTube cut off the bottom of the video! And 4 cloves, I was going to edit it more to make the text easier to read but decided my point had already been proven and I couldnā€™t be bothered šŸ˜‚

I am actually shocked that jackā€™s twitter is still private! Is she getting much engagement?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I suppose weā€™re just ignoring the kombucha as we have the relapse stories & 0.6% ABV beers then? šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Not here to police anyone elseā€™s tit but people @ her looking for advice or looking up to her for this tit which makes her lies genuinely dangerous. Much like her cooking I suppose šŸ¤­
AA advise against drinking non alcoholic beer or other low alcohol food or drink, its one of the primary causes of relapse. If she really is in AA, she would know they don't promote that and wouldn't tweet or encourage others to have them.
With the risk of being triangulated I work closely with AA, very dangerous for a public figure who is on her own recovery journey to promote drinking 0% drinks etc.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
..... NOT dating Jack Monroe! She's had a couple of psycho exes, so hopefully she won't be adding JM to that list. The poor girl has suffered enough. šŸ˜‚

Lulu has a 'type' then. I sense that Jack is very keen to up her engagement with Tattle - a new relationship would surely have everyone rooting for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Lulu has a 'type' then. I sense that Jack is very keen to up her engagement with Tattle - a new relationship would surely have everyone rooting for her.
Who is Lulu? I assume not THE Lulu? A google only brings up Lulu and Lululemon #triangulationfail

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Who is Lulu? I assume not THE Lulu? A google only brings up Lulu and Lululemon #triangulationfail

Not that, Lulu, but she would meet all of the criteria for the next Mrs J. Imagine the duets - "WEEEEELLLL ........ You know you make me wanna shout!!"

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Not that, Lulu, but she would meet all of the criteria for the next Mrs J. Imagine the duets - "WEEEEELLLL ........ You know you make me wanna shout!!"
Didn't Jack claim to warm up, pre public appearance, by singing that in the toilets?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.