Jack Monroe #66 A potato is a potato

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can you imagine any other professional cooks/published authors posting the kind of relentless crap including sexual references and pictures, that she does?

• Sick
Reactions: 22
Can you imagine any other professional cooks/published authors posting the kind of relentless crap including sexual references and pictures, that she does?
It’s because she’s.......
Sorry, mods!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I’m not bloody rich! I’m one of those who scrimped and saved and never ever went out, bought my clothes at charity shops, did not have a family holiday once my father died and we no longer had his caravan- and made the choice to send our children to private schools for reasons to do with the children’s needs. It was a terrible struggle but thanks to scholarships and bursaries we managed.
And my children were never made to feel any different to their much richer (and sometimes poorer) classmates. They missed out on caravan holidays (while their cousins in comprehensives enjoyed school trips abroad plus at least one family holiday abroad each year). We did what we thought was best for our children and sacrificed a great deal. Would do it again.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
What really makes me laugh generally is the constant deletions. She will post something - and then delete it. She's done this so many times. It really amuses me, for some reason.

Love your new avatar. Lacks a little originality, but rather less unsettling than those 👀. :cool:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
She's a Twitter mouthpiece, plain and simple. She can change and rehash herself and her bio every week, she'll always be a Twitter mouthpiece. Social Media has a lot to answer for.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Jack told the tale of one of her many, many jobs....
She was once upon a time a tequila shot girl in a nightclub. For some bizarre reason she used to just wear pants. Not hotpants or a bikini, but her actual knickers.
She said (and I'm pretty sure I'm quoting this accurately)
'I stuffed my unruly labia in to 3 pairs of pants'
No one knows why. Or how. Or what is unruly about her labia. I'm not sure I want to know either...
One correction: the verb was not stuffed, but TUCKED. Which is oddly neat for Jack...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23
Her followers are dipping again. Probably people who came for the shouting at the government but left when she started her latest inane poll.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I hadn't noticed before, but if you zoom in on the photo on the id card, it looks like Louisa. It is def not R Jackie.
Someone might have said this but I think it’s hanging on the cotswold dresser door behind her

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
And my children were never made to feel any different to their much richer (and sometimes poorer) classmates. They missed out on caravan holidays (while their cousins in comprehensives enjoyed school trips abroad plus at least one family holiday abroad each year). We did what we thought was best for our children and sacrificed a great deal. Would do it again.
We could not even afford to decorate our house! Our children’s rich friends had sleepovers at our house of peeling wallpaper and I can remember the laughter and their daftness - and never being the parent who tolerated 14 year olds being drunk. Oh yes, that was accepted in some houses, But never in mine. I’m still friends with some of those kids on SM.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Total Housing 2020 from 2-4th Sept 2020. Don't know if above program comes out- tried to do screenshot but I clearly need practice! On page 16 of the program Jack is listed as doing a 45 min talk on Friday afternoon :

"Eating or heating? How much do things like low rents, affordable warmth and service charges really matter? Listen to our inspirational speaker, Jack Monroe, talk about the day to day reality of living in poverty. You’ll leave with a totally different view of what your organisation could and should do to help. Jack Monroe, anti-poverty campaigner and food writer Chair: Alison Inman, past president, Chartered Institute of Housing"
Oh for fucks sack. They are even admitting she will drone about a decade of living without lighbulbs, and how she was so poor she could only afford two plates of pasta at the groucho club.,

Honest? That's a first.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Was the restaurant really a week ago?!🤣
It feels like many jack-years ago

Standing ovation!

Jack told the tale of one of her many, many jobs....
She was once upon a time a tequila shot girl in a nightclub. For some bizarre reason she used to just wear pants. Not hotpants or a bikini, but her actual knickers.
She said (and I'm pretty sure I'm quoting this accurately)
'I stuffed my unruly labia in to 3 pairs of pants'
No one knows why. Or how. Or what is unruly about her labia. I'm not sure I want to know either...
Even her labia are unruly, maverick and subversive!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
We could not even afford to decorate our house! Our children’s rich friends had sleepovers at our house of peeling wallpaper and I can remember the laughter and their daftness - and never being the parent who tolerated 14 year olds being drunk. Oh yes, that was accepted in some houses, But never in mine. I’m still friends with some of those kids on SM.
Are you...interviewing yourself?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
duck sake Jackie, have a word with yourself...

As a person who bruises easily because of medication I take and as a person who has had a black eye..THAT IS MAKE UP.

The 'swelling' is identical to your other eye, you've just accentuated it with shiny eye shadow. Also, you've attempted to squint to make it look swollen, however you are also doing it with your other eye, you look like you are staring at the sun.
Bruises don't go that yellow just after the injury. You've got to go through the purple/green stage. Maybe a bit of yellowish at the edge but not all over. Something to do with the bilirubin in your blood (my doc tried to explain it to me once, wish I'd paid more attention!)

And yes, she looks hungover.
Yesss this. I've been there with the facial bruising too. It didn't start reflecting light 🙄 and I'm pretty sure the 'swelling' is a standard eye bag (up late tweeting instead of sleeping???) which her squinting is pushing up a bit. SO fake, I don't see how the jackolytes don't see this? Baffling.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.