Jack Monroe #65 Green gages and ham

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone please advise me how to reference posts? I’m looking at Lilamay #457 where JM takes a pan of curry to bed. In what universe is that normal behaviour? And why do her acolytes accept it? I’d there a cult of JM BEDPAN DINNERS?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I bet she deletes the tweets about her son. I know she lacks self-awareness but she might realise her son won't like being talked about by his mother and being described as "highly strung" and getting "frustrated" and "unable to focus". Does Jack mention whether Jonny's father has an opinion on his son's schooling? Or is it all about Jack, as usual?

• Angry
Reactions: 17
Jesus shitting Christ (apologies to those who are religious), but she needs to give her son some privacy and ask actual people in real life for advice. Not randoms on t’internet. I find those last posts appalling. We have three children, from primary to secondary, who my amazing wife has homeschooled as well as doing her regular job (I often work away from home). One has issues with anxiety; we’ve got help for him through our GP. We talk things through as a family and they know they are all loved and secure, and we’ve made this time together as positive as possible; spending loads of time outside, baking, making (we try not to do screens as much as poss, but not in any way judging anyone who does...TV usually permanently on here!!), having fun. But would I post this tit on Twitter? Er. No.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
The ancestors of modern chickens only laid two clutches of eggs per year. They didn’t ever lay an egg a day. If that was the case they would have constantly had chicks at all different stages of development, which would be impossible to care for.

Modern chickens have been selectively bred to lay eggs constantly, which is a huge strain on their bodies. The calcium used in creating eggs leaves their bones fragile and prone to injury, and they are prone to developing cloacal prolapse (the cloaca is the orifice from which birds lay eggs, and poo).
This can be the case in the hybrid breeds which are bred to lay a lot of eggs in a very short life span, three years ish. All chickens lay the same number of eggs, pedigree/traditional breeds just lay them over 10 to 12 years.

Reactions: 4
Practice for some antiquated exam I don’t even understand, instead of consistent attempts at homeschooling which nobody was good at but we all tried our best. She is all about keeping up with the Joneses. That poor little love. How embarrassing for him. The parents of his mates will read this.
My mini Moos are older now, but we used to live in an area dominated by grammar schools.
My lot are good 'allrounders' and GS wasn't an option. What I do know is that if GS is an option for your child you have to deal with it WAY before Y6.
Tutoring isn't just for extra lessons, most cover the actual exam prep as well. Some schools do practice tests too. The application for High School needs to be in by end of October. Every other parent would have done research last term (or earlier), even under lockdown schools were doing virtual tours and online Q & A sessions.
Also, in regards to tutoring. According to Jack she's had her son 'every waking moment' (🤣🤣🤣🤣) so why not sit with him all day going over schoolwork? If she's so desperate for him to taking entrance exams then why has it only occurred to her 6 weeks before the deadline?

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
That’s one truth from our Jackie, she would have sat it in the same place as me a year previously. I was told I missed a place by 2. A friend of mine came in the top 10 but she’s a super smarty pants!
I also missed by 2! I wasn't that bothered as I really liked my high school and learned to play the oboe as I had a fantastic music teacher. I didn't go to uni or art school but did an apprenticeship instead. My son is at uni after working for a few years and working out what he would like to do in life. She really does have a massive chip!

Reactions: 12
My mini Moos are older now, but we used to live in an area dominated by grammar schools.
My lot are good 'allrounders' and GS wasn't an option. What I do know is that if GS is an option for your child you have to deal with it WAY before Y6.
Tutoring isn't just for extra lessons, most cover the actual exam prep as well. Some schools do practice tests too. The application for High School needs to be in by end of October. Every other parent would have done research last term (or earlier), even under lockdown schools were doing virtual tours and online Q & A sessions.
Also, in regards to tutoring. According to Jack she's had her son 'every waking moment' (🤣🤣🤣🤣) so why not sit with him all day going over schoolwork? If she's so desperate for him to taking entrance exams then why has it only occurred to her 6 weeks before the deadline?
It probably hasn't only just occurred to her. IMO it's just today she needed something new to talk/rant about on Twitter, to get attention for herself. 🙄

Reactions: 11

New thread! Ooft.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.