Jack Monroe #59 - 300 jobbos, 3,000 doggos, one rambling potato bloggo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Theyre great friends. Until, I imagine, Louisa meets someone new before JM. I cant imagine that would go down well.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Wow, there's the colourful one guys. What a classic.
Coming up soon, the black and white. What will it be? I fear it will not be able to compare to the iconic "Celery. Edinburgh." modern masterpiece. What have you got in store for us Jack? So excited to find out.
Nothing will be as poignant as "Celery. Edinburgh". Probs another b&w kitten pic but this time with her Patreon details?

#60 Polenta for one, now Mrs J's gone

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
She made a single serving of polenta 40 mins ago because of "gloomies". Maybe Louisa just left whilst Jack was fixated on having an argument on her Instagram post and Jack didn't notice?
god I hate the childish way she talks about things... ‘gloomies’, ‘ouchy‘ etc ugh

Reactions: 20
I really hope that the 'chamertin' Instagram stuff has not come from anyoneb on here.

First rule of Tattle is to keep it on Tattle, and I cannot help but feel those comments are eerily similar to comments made on here.

Jack wants us to be trolls, the moment any one steps over that line it's easy for her or anyone to paint as so.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Why is she writing as though she talks in that way; "so i will". Thats very Irish. Youre middle class Essex ffs. Behave.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Exactly. It must be a standard rolling fee for her administrator's wages, so that's easy as making washed bean pie.
Any of her passive income streams will take 2 minutes to add.
Book sales another 5 mins.
It's not like she's selling custom hand painted ceramic versions of every dish she cooks, with a hidden poem printed in ultra violet ink. Her business model is much like any high school enterprise project - simples.
Nah. Spud could write.
I remember the letter he wrote in T2 about how he felt he had failed his family it was so sad ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 6
👋👋👋👋👋👋

Caught hubby watching a show this evening that I had definitely said I wanted to watch..

He said "I keep asking if you want to watch anything and you say no, you're too busy on Tattle"

:oops::oops:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I really hope that the 'chamertin' Instagram stuff has not come from anyoneb on here.

First rule of Tattle is to keep it on Tattle, and I cannot help but feel those comments are eerily similar to comments made on here.

Jack wants us to be trolls, the moment any one steps over that line it's easy for her or anyone to paint as so.
Yes, I really hope it's no one who posts on here. Could be a lurker or ex-poster I guess. (My guess is the latter.) I don't like it, anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I'm taking this as lip fillers confirmed, and a top-up on the way soon!
Screenshot_20200808-163537.png

Lip fillers - Triangulated!
Screenshot_20200808-163923.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 94
Just looked at the prices, flaming heck.... A lot of Dosh for an ouchy mouth in my opinion.....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Making my way through after falling a bit behind - I had a friend to stay last week. :) (I'm currently a single person household as housemate has been with her parents most of lockdown and it was amazing to finally be able to hug someone. ❤)

I listened to the BBC sounds podcast posted in an earlier thread. I completely agree with what's been said. Googling the book and looking at the film trailer, looks like it's another horrible example of white saviourism. Watching the trailer I couldn't help but feel 'I don't want to watch how bad a white kid has it in apartheid South Africa.' We have too much white saviour content in books/film/tv as it is. Jack seems to have cottoned on to it, as others noted before, because she identified with the heroic underdog of the main character who turned out to be brilliant and a saviour to the downtrodden. Jack probably couldn't take criticism she got in school - especially for things like creative writing I imagine - and probably thought that 'she'd show them' and that her work was better than it was because teachers just couldn't identify talent/genius when they saw it. I don't think she identified that the character was egotistical at all. It felt like she was suddenly trying to walk back and agree with them because she hadn't actually thought deeply enough about the book to have any other reply for them. I think Jack thought they'd think it terribly inspirational and didn't know what to say when they didn't.

From the recent poetry and the need to point out how long she took to write it, she comes across like a teenage emo. I wrote bad poetry when I was a teen and thought it terribly deep and meaningful. Thankfully I grew out of it.

Reactions: 19
Just looked at the prices, flaming heck.... A lot of Dosh for an ouchy mouth in my opinion.....
How does the oh so impoverished Jack manage to pay for an expensive aesthetic service like this, rent a crappy bungalow, pay an admin assistant, pay utility and food bills, buy a nutribullet and give it away days later, buy Cotswold furniture, jump on a sleeper to Edinburgh and stay in the city centre? The woman must do the loaves and fishes miracle with her money.

This woman has a colossal brass neck asking others to send her money on the back of supposed poverty.

• Angry
Reactions: 37
Her comment on Matt Haig's post made me roll my eyes hard. She always think about herself first, doesn't she?
And trying (but failing) to be funny on a serious post, it's not really appropriate is it?

Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 03.12.45.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 03.12.53.png

The 'PS' clearly hastily added to cover her back.

She made a single serving of polenta 40 mins ago because of "gloomies". Maybe Louisa just left whilst Jack was fixated on having an argument on her Instagram post and Jack didn't notice?
Her food photography really is terrible. The patterned backgrounds do not work. A bright, uncluttered, birds-eye view shot, with the food in the centre, would be much better. And that polenta looks grim - don't worry Jack, don't think anyone will want to 'fight you for it'!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
I'm taking this as lip fillers confirmed, and a top-up on the way soon! View attachment 206004

Lip fillers - Triangulated!View attachment 206005
She comes all the way to rayleigh to get her fillers!? Surely there’s somewhere in Southend near her crappy bungalow...they must be free or heavily discounted. Anyway I happen to live not far from Vie Aesthetics located conveniently for the non drivers right by the train station. Shall have to keep a look out for our Jack scampering away with her ouchy mouth now cause I have no life clearly.

ETA: oh actually it looks like they do some of their procedures in toni and guys at the royals.

god why do I care...I really do need to get a life

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I’m now wondering if the ‘ouchy mouth drama’ was to cover up her getting lip fillers?

Reactions: 14
She comes all the way to rayleigh to get her fillers!? Surely there’s somewhere in Southend near her crappy bungalow...they must be free or heavily discounted. Anyway I happen to live not far from Vie Aesthetics located conveniently for the non drivers right by the train station. Shall have to keep a look out for our Jack scampering away with her ouchy mouth now cause I have no life clearly.

ETA: oh actually it looks like they do some of their procedures in toni and guys at the royals.

god why do I care...I really do need to get a life
Your internal typed monologue made me laugh. I do the same thing 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Ok I'm not saying Jack spends all her time trawling here and obsessively trying to get our attention, but I *did* post this on the food and drink thread the other evening! 🔺😬🔻

sketch-1596953482912.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.