Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who was it that called that she would be on an all nighter tonight? Cooper has been demoted from 50% to part cat now
D920B0A2-ED7D-4026-BB8B-8CFD25708210.jpeg

Still up and going on about the cat...
F99C701F-9A18-4672-9254-42EB233C6B95.jpeg
80BE47A1-E79B-4BDF-B05D-5811BCFA1150.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Dammit. I came downstairs because I'm melllllltiiiiinnnnng in this accursed heat (31 bleeping Celsius indoors - sometimes I hate the sodding temperature display on my wanky £30 column fan) and Mr D is busy doing an impression of an epileptic spider across the bed, stepped over the two puddles of liquid cat collapsed across the floors, made a drink and had an idea for the next thread title - and you lot got there first.

Mine was;

I, Jack Monroe: The Road to Southend Pier.

Buggerit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
As she posted a picture of her son last night, I’m assuming he is currently with her, which makes her all night twittering and self described ‘sitting all day in the sun with nothing but factor 50’ and reading a whole book in a day all the more sad. For him. Obviously we don’t know how much of that is true but her life just seems so self centred.

If I spent the whole night awake on Twitter I certainly wouldn’t be able to give my best self to my child, I’d be snappy and irritable and tired all day!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Hello. I feel like crying.. last time I checked there were about 34 threads.. I've just started #19(?) I think and now there's nearly 60!!!! Will I ever catch up :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:o_Oo_O:unsure::unsure::unsure:

I definitely started reading JM threads too late into lockdown.. if only she'd just STAY OFF TWITTER so I could catch up and get involved..

(I'd feel like a fraud if I join in only having read 1/3 of the threads..!)

im
CATCH UP 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Have not grunka’d the last pages of the last thread so apologies for any repetition fraus, but something I’ve noticed and a reason I find her so annoying on Twitter is her tone- it’s v technicallyRon/caitlin Moran 2009 jolly jolly pretend twitter is a pub bs and I hate it
ETA I hate it beyond the lies that have been pulled up and uncovered thread after thread
Spot on. It's so weird. Really ersatz. Just a collection of herd words and phrases from years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Back to her tweet to Ian Rankin, why would you call a fellow professional mate? You say something like that down the pub, not to a fellow
Ian Rankin is a great guy. He's spotted regularly around the city just doing... normal things. The absolute polar opposite of Jack. There is no way he'd be duped by her.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Ian Rankin is a great guy. He's spotted regularly around the city just doing... normal things. The absolute polar opposite of Jack. There is no way he'd be duped by her.
Exactly! Plus, he’s a Fifer and doesn’t like anyone trying to hang off his coat tails.

Ian Rankin can properly write and also he is from a properly working class background. Unlike Jack who writes like tit and affects a apples and pairs working class urchin shtick.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Noticed her cat still has the scabby bits on his nose- remember ages ago when she said it was because he’d had a fight with a crow or something? Clearly a lie. Also love how she made a point of mentioning it was a super king size bed she had to leave because of the cat 🙄

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Oh my god here's another one not paying attention. Jackie is a Scotch Irish Greek (via Southend) hybrid maverick... SHE HASN'T CLAIMED FRANCE YET... KEEP UP!!
Oh I think she already started....what was the last part of that tweet..... je ne regrette rien...🇨🇵

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Morning Frauen and welcome all new folks! Good to have you on board.

@IndigoStar why am I not surprised by the behaviour of the Jackolytes? How awful for you. I really hope your boss told them where to go. I knew someone this actually happened to (years ago now) and they were fired, awful.

@sevcolite glad you are able to take some solace and reassurance from these threads.

@Pigman I just love your wee piglet! So cute.

Regarding George Orwell, he's undoubtedly a far superior writer than R Jackie, and he did stuff (important stuff needless to say) but they do have very similar backgrounds.

I'm sure the very sensible and genuinely talented Ian Rankin won't be taken in.

She never ceases to surprise me with her level of bleeping rudeness.

Lives her life in Twitter, reveals all manner of intensely private stuff when it suits then takes umbrage when asked something personal but unintended to be nasty, she’s such a cock.

I’m waiting for her to replace her Twitter picture with the bikini one instead of the wig.

By the way, how does one do a strike out here ?, the —word— action isn’t working for me.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Going back to Greenbelt, that article was so difficult to read with all the’they’ ‘them’.

The homophobic church groups love trans as once you say you were born in the wrong body and transition you aren’t gay anymore, you’re straight.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Morning Frauen and welcome all new folks! Good to have you on board.

@IndigoStar why am I not surprised by the behaviour of the Jackolytes? How awful for you. I really hope your boss told them where to go. I knew someone this actually happened to (years ago now) and they were fired, awful.
Thankfully I’m still employed and have an understanding boss but it was a nightmare at the time, especially since I work in education. They were doing their best to contact everyone they could find in the same organisation!

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.