Jack Monroe #56 I, Jack Monroe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder it she's already filmed Potatoes: The Monologue and this is her building hype for it. Much like the kitten video was clearly something she'd put a lot of work into but built up the day she released it.
Everytime someone says the word potatoes. I just keep thinking of Sam in lord of the rings.... Po Tay toes.... Boil em, mash em stick em In a stew....

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Do you think she wants Leo to paint her like she’s one of his French girls?
Oh my god here's another one not paying attention. Jackie is a Scotch Irish Greek (via Southend) hybrid maverick... SHE HASN'T CLAIMED FRANCE YET... KEEP UP!!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
@Bookweevil ’s masterpiece of a recap is post #734. Hopefully someone with better skilllzzz than me can do a clicky click linky.

Also the other day Jack, in her wonderful way, replied to a tweet with her usual charm and ended it with ‘Now duck off’. We’re not actually telling each other to duck off.
Maybe an @admin could add the glossary to Jack’s tattlepedia page??

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I love how she already refers to 'potatoes' in the definitive article, like 'Pele' or 'Brexit' or 'madonna'.

That's what an incendiary piece of writing we're dealing with, here. No wonder Orwell is shitting himself from the afterlife.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Jack’s timescales are different. She didn’t mean the last 6 months. She meant 6 months at some point in time. But she only has one book, NOW.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Perhaps she read the blurbs 🤣
When I am in reading form, I can read a decent sized book in about two days. It means I often read into the wee hours and wake up before the kids. I am not a massive telly fan so I read instead( in my child free, housework free evenings)
Disclaimer
all reading is completed fully clothed.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
When I am in reading form, I can read a decent sized book in about two days. It means I often read into the wee hours and wake up before the kids. I am not a massive telly fan so I read instead( in my child free, housework free evenings)
Disclaimer
all reading is completed fully clothed.
Before children I could read 5 books a week because I used to stay up til 3am

I now have children and Tattle so I read nothing 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Just adding, watching Saturday kitchen best bits. Jack's shtick couldn't be less behind the zietgeist. Panic buying had stripped stores of cheap goods like rice, pasta and tinned produce. Fresh goods were in abundance, Jack was a really bad hire. Added to that she really failed to adapt. She really is a one trick pony, total definitions of one.

Reactions: 27
Have not grunka’d the last pages of the last thread so apologies for any repetition fraus, but something I’ve noticed and a reason I find her so annoying on Twitter is her tone- it’s v technicallyRon/caitlin Moran 2009 jolly jolly pretend twitter is a pub bs and I hate it
ETA I hate it beyond the lies that have been pulled up and uncovered thread after thread

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Hello. I feel like crying.. last time I checked there were about 34 threads.. I've just started #19(?) I think and now there's nearly 60!!!! Will I ever catch up :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:o_Oo_O:unsure::unsure::unsure:

It’s far too compelling
I definitely started reading JM threads too late into lockdown.. if only she'd just STAY OFF TWITTER so I could catch up and get involved..

(I'd feel like a fraud if I join in only having read 1/3 of the threads..!)

im

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.