Jack Monroe #468 Remove my photo! Warned!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The “bananas have tryptophans and stop you being sad” thing is my aneurysm. I bought that book at the time to see what it was saying, and said it at the time, there’s no real evidence that the tryptophans found in food can actually do anything for your brain. I don’t know how she gets away with this.

So much this. My Mum does this with me - I have depression (actual, not coke habit!) and EVERY TIME I’m clinically “low” she tells me seeded bread will solve it. I know she’s trying but… y’know?
On topic - I’m still howling at spatchcocked sloth

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59

Ferrets smell beautiful. Like hay and grass and slightly decaying apples.
I love ferrets.

Jack does not look like she smells beautiful.
[/QUOTE]
Cannot concur. Got in a car once with a friend and there was a terrible smell. Ferrets in the boot. Saying that, that persons car always stinks of fishing or dogs or random crap, so maybe it wasn't the ferrets. Jack definitely smells like that car, of that I am sure.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35

I love ferrets.

[/QUOTE]

My friend has 6 ferrets, can't say I've noticed they smell like hay, grass and slightly decaying apples. They are lovely but very whiffy and utterly hilarious (total thieves, could teach Jack a trick or 2). Not as bad as the intact male mouse she used to have, my god he was tiny but he stank like a thousand blocked drains :sick:

I have male rats. I've seen them described as smelling like biscuits by other people. Not sure what biscuits they are eating but mine smell of hormones and piss (my rats, not my biscuits).

Behave, squig. Monroe, Dalai Lama and Gandhi (note the correct spelling) in the same sentence? Okay, pal.

deludedsquig.JPG

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 63
I love ferrets.

I have male rats. I've seen them described as smelling like biscuits by other people. Not sure what biscuits they are eating but mine smell of hormones and piss (my rats, not my biscuits).
Just nearly shat myself laughing. I love you lot

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I imagine Jack Monroe to smell more like a hamster cage.

Apologies to all good and decent hamsters of the world.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
My male rats smell of a lovely musky odour. Mostly. I do like smelling them. Unless someone has a glob of ratty love juice on their backs! 🤢

---

An uncared for hamster cage! Hamsters when cared for properly don't smell of much.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 41

Any comparison of any facet of the "wonder" that is Jack Monroe to an animal makes me wonder how many of that particular species she's killed lost. Really sorry 😕

Aside from spatchcocked sloth. That made me clench my pelvic floor muscles.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
She told JUDE LAW to sit the duck down cos she was trying to see Redcar. Don’t know about Marie Le Conte. She’s more Jack La bleep

Also, I suspect this is where Jack learned of the word psephologist and being too lazy to actually look it up, why she thinks it means what she thinks it means 😂

View attachment 1909566

Surely somebody in this vile, cess pit, corner of the internet knows Jude Law? I'd love to hear him confirm that this is bullshit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I think she has always thought being a lesbian is completely outrageous based on her Baptist and provincial upbringing, and so has clung onto it as some kind of badge of ‘I’m mad, me’

I don’t doubt at all the prejudice that still exists in the world, and the hard-won battle for equality that still has a way to go. But to her actual audience, she isn’t some kind of anomaly that has to justify their sexuality or gender. The fact that she goes on about it as if people are regularly using it against her really grates my spam (it’s good for my macros ya bleep!) I think it says more about her own internalised tit than it does about the state of society.

Literally someone at the dog park the other day went to the group that hardly knows each other ‘yeah so anyway I’m polyamorous AND pansexual’ and everyone was like cool so anyway…. and she carried on with her anecdote. One of the teachers at school is nonbinary my kids were like whatever 🤷‍♀️ I know that yes people can be vile to others, but I can’t recall, or maybe only a handful of times anyone mentioning Jack’s sexuality or gender in a nasty way. She makes such a song and dance about it to convince people she’s so sad and bullied and maligned (Jack, please don’t actually sing or dance!!)

Ffs wrong gif but I’ll live

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
I wonder if Jack has had a word with her more vociferous FMs.
Realised they were doing her absolutely no favours at all 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 22
In this DRAMATIC PAUSE from Twitter, I have watched the scabby-clothed Edinburgh talk again. The mask slips SO QUICKLY at around 10 minutes (you only have to watch the minute) when SHE WASNT EXPECTING TO BE ASKED THIS

What do you mean 'only', dear heart? :giggle: 💜

I haven't seen her Edinburgh talk so this is something to look forward to. I'm sure it'll be as informative, level-headed and life-affirming as the rest of her appearances.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I love ferrets.

Cannot concur. Got in a car once with a friend and there was a terrible smell. Ferrets in the boot. Saying that, that persons car always stinks of fishing or dogs or random crap, so maybe it wasn't the ferrets. Jack definitely smells like that car, of that I am sure.
[/QUOTE]

Maybe the ferrets of my acquaintance were particularly fastidious.
I need to find a control ferret to sniff.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Surely somebody in this vile, cess pit, corner of the internet knows Jude Law? I'd love to hear him confirm that this is bullshit.
I dunno but a had a sex dream about him specifically as Dumbledore. Hot sexy Dumbledore. Does that mean I’m softly deliciously falling in love with my best friend, and if he’s my best friend should I get in touch and ask him about the Groucho?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I think she has always thought being a lesbian is completely outrageous based on her Baptist and provincial upbringing, and so has clung onto it as some kind of badge of ‘I’m mad, me’

I don’t doubt at all the prejudice that still exists in the world, and the hard-won battle for equality that still has a way to go. But to her actual audience, she isn’t some kind of anomaly that has to justify their sexuality or gender. The fact that she goes on about it as if people are regularly using it against her really grates my spam (it’s good for my macros ya bleep!) I think it says more about her own internalised tit than it does about the state of society.

Literally someone at the dog park the other day went to the group that hardly knows each other ‘yeah so anyway I’m polyamorous AND pansexual’ and everyone was like cool so anyway…. and she carried on with her anecdote. One of the teachers at school is nonbinary my kids were like whatever 🤷‍♀️ I know that yes people can be vile to others, but I can’t recall, or maybe only a handful of times anyone mentioning Jack’s sexuality or gender in a nasty way. She makes such a song and dance about it to convince people she’s so sad and bullied and maligned (Jack, please don’t actually sing or dance!!)

Ffs wrong gif but I’ll live
I do keep wondering about her saying that she was "kicked out of [her] church for being gay".

I could see how that might have crystallised her self-image as a lesbian - it must have been hugely traumatic both for her and for her family, and would have made it very difficult to row back from.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I always imagine Jack to smell like my oldest dog. Aka farts and cow tit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.