Jack Monroe #468 Remove my photo! Warned!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I for one am waiting with bated breath for Jack and SB's winter Scottish camping adventure. I wonder when it'll start.
As soon as she's finished the school run, tenderstem x

---

I have a theory about Jack and her parents. You know how it’s often said on here that she has this odd dichotomy of wanting to be both admired and pitied? I think that is literally the influence of her father and mother.
Admired comes from her father, she must have grown up seeing Big D being lauded from all corners and wanted a bit of that. It’s where her ridiculous attempts at swagger and toughness come from too. She’d love to be ex army, ex firefighter, have the scars and stories to show for it, to hint she’s stared into the void, done things, seen things. She wants to be tank girl, but ends up as twonk girl.
Pitied comes from her mother. Her mum, afaik, really does have some form of arthritis and maybe even walks with a stick. I bet she grew up hearing about how her poor mum works so hard, either as a nurse or later a fosterer. How how good and selfless her mum is, how she keeps going despite the pain. She also wants that, to be the martyr, bravely carrying on through the tears and pain, because her work is so important.
I hope that makes some sense, I’m still full of Covid and brain fog.
BIB: it's too early for a wossname, innit? 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I don’t know much about foster caring but I would assume that a major part of it is the combined safeguarding of the foster children and the children who already live in the home. Jack’s allegations that Big Dave and Mama E put her in a situation as a small child where traumatised children were telling her detailed accounts of their abuse are pretty horrific if true. A complete failure of safeguarding.

Adding a big caveat of IF TRUE.

• Sad
Reactions: 60
I don’t think Grandad H was a Baptist late in life, I think he married a Baptist and converted, then had kids including Big Dave who were brought up with it. I don’t have source material for this though.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
So if you take the other bits out for the moment and just look at that amount of paracetamol, 16g worth is around the toxic dose for a person weighing 12.5 st. I have no idea of Jack's weight but I presume she is far lighter than that.

It takes surprisingly little paracetamol to seriously affect someone's liver, and how serious it is won't usually become apparent until a day or so later. It's important to seek medical help if someone has taken too much, even though they may seem well, as the effects creep up gradually 🙁.
Absolutely. I think of this every time so someone complains that you can't buy more than one packet of paracetamol at a time in a shop. It's also very easy to accidentally take an overdose (or to administer an accidental overdose to a child or elderly relative) if someone is ill with say the flu and taking it regularly. If you don't keep track it's easy to take more than 4 doses in 24hrs especially if you mix two forms of meds say cocodamol and paracetamol or cocodamol and lemsip. Not the first time I've spent time doing calculations to check if someone calling in to 111 has taken too much paracetamol in a 24 hr period. If you are I'll or looking after someone else it can be worth making a wee note of what you give and when. Thanks for reading my Ted talk

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Ran upstairs? *Shocked*
Weird that she ran around naked with her pre teen boy in the house. I know some families do naked at home time together but it's not for me.
In no small part due to the fact that when my smol child did see me naked, a very long time ago (holiday, shared bathroom, short on time), they declared 'its making me feel a bit sick'

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 105
Hahaha I was sort of joking - but I just listened again to the Greenbelt talk and at 14 mins in she says during a dramatic pause 'dramatic pause' 😂
I'm 100% convinced she didn't mean to say that aloud 😂
I have no idea what this is referring to. Is there a link? Sorry for wherever this lands, I'm well behind

Reactions: 13
Absolutely. I think of this every time so someone complains that you can't buy more than one packet of paracetamol at a time in a shop. It's also very easy to accidentally take an overdose (or to administer an accidental overdose to a child or elderly relative) if someone is ill with say the flu and taking it regularly. If you don't keep track it's easy to take more than 4 doses in 24hrs especially if you mix two forms of meds say cocodamol and paracetamol or cocodamol and lemsip. Not the first time I've spent times doing calculations to check if someone calling in to 111 has taken too much paracetamol in a 24 he period. If you are I'll or looking after someone else it can be worth making a wee note of what you give and when. Thanks for reading my Ted talk
I know this will come as a shock to everyone but she is 100% lying about the details of that OD.

---

I have no idea what this is referring to. Is there a link? Sorry for wherever this lands, I'm well behind
Yeah I posted the link again. I think on p7. It’s a speech from Greenbelt

Reactions: 30
I don’t think Grandad H was a Baptist late in life, I think he married a Baptist and converted, then had kids including Big Dave who were brought up with it. I don’t have source material for this though.
Ooh, interesting - has Jack ever mentioned her paternal grandmother, I wonder?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Weird that she ran around naked with her pre teen boy in the house. I know some families do naked at home time together but it's not for me.
In no small part due to the fact that when my smol child did see me naked, a very long time ago (holiday, shared bathroom, short on time), they declared 'its making me feel a bit sick'
Also strange for someone so body conscious

At least her manky feet weren't on show

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I was brought up baptist before my parents beliefs morphed into something far more strange .
Sometimes elements of jack make a lot of sense when viewed with the backdrop of a congregation gone slightly off piste.
I wonder if that's what fuels her obsession with aa/na fellowships, the godly origins, that fervour of newfound purpose and chosen family, sharing almost unconditionally, making reparation, forgiveness,
starting afresh and a book of rules to apply to every aspect of your life.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
As she’s quiet and no doubt Farrow and Balling it up some brand new walls, I thought you might enjoy a rainbow smorgasbord trip down memory lane from everyone’s favourite understudy narrator.

I bring you, Jack and the Amazing Technicolor Slopbowls
I've watched the first two episodes of "The Last of Us", and all those slopbowls look like fungus to me. I may never eat again.

Cordyceps-2-728x410.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Ooh, interesting - has Jack ever mentioned her paternal grandmother, I wonder?
Yeah, she goes round there. In the mumsnet beer garden tray throwing incident she says she went to her nan’s. Obviously her Nan lives in Thorpe Bay

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I was brought up baptist before my parents beliefs morphed into something far more strange .
Sometimes elements of jack make a lot of sense when viewed with the backdrop of a congregation gone slightly off piste.
I wonder if that's what fuels her obsession with aa/na fellowships, the godly origins, that fervour of newfound purpose and chosen family, sharing almost unconditionally, making reparation, forgiveness,
starting afresh and a book of rules to apply to every aspect of your life.
She gives off strong “shunned by JW” vibes to me

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.