Jack Monroe #468 Remove my photo! Warned!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh these simps are irritating me now. BUSY DOING WHAT EXACTLY?
They have to be socks. It's too obvious.
What do they think she does?! Do they really believe she’s still sat there writing down all the price changes for all super markets over the last year and gently and painstakingly making ring binders full of data to present to the treasury to fix the country…?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Oh god, picturing Jack coming up with recipes for Nanna to shove in Nina.

"I don't have a hand blender, what can I do?"

"Stick it in Nina love and serve it with chutney."
Excuse you. I think it's CHUT-A-NEE. I swear to God I can only lurk on that thread because she gives me the absolute rage and I'll be banished from Tattle 😂. Her arguing over her bleeping stupid mint raita and insisting it's authentic CHUT-A-NEE because she has indian neighbours and isn't racist genuinely pushed me over the edge with her. That an APNAAAAAAAA curry.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Her account of that entire visit reads in exactly as it would if she went to visit someone equally exotic to her who lived in a bleeping council house.

What’s with the odd syntax she’s using for most of it? SHE’S telling the tale of “a foreign poor”. She doesn’t need to write it in “how you say in English”-speak. bleep
Colonial Jack is really one of the worst Jacks.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Are they male housemates?
She doesn’t say, but I’m imagining that she’s imagining they are.

The Nepalese one is probably a Sherpa who saved 15 people on Everest but is in awe of her ability to yomp to work in grandads chip shop (because he did it with oxygen canisters and she doesn’t even NEED to use them) and the half-Italian one claps cheers and phones Pavarotti and his Mafia Don Grandad to listen (and who both weep with gratitude at this voice of an angle) every time she warbles and honks Nessun Dorma IN ORIGINAL ITALIAN.

The interchangeable imaginary Somalian one taught her all she knows about how to talk authentically to Africans which is why everyone in Tanzania LOVES her and she can talk to Black people on the bus. He’s probably also a pirate, cos=edgy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
The other day, I was sitting on the sofa with the dog lying next to me, behaving perfectly, and out of nowhere I just turned to him and said WARNED!. Felt very bad after. Fortunately he didn't have a clue what I was talking about.
My guy 🐶 is accustomed to being called a mithering ninny, amongst other insults. He's a big girl's blouse also and a blithering half wit. He'd look at me for days with his tragic puppy eyes 👀if I WARNED him 🐾🐾

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Also - bad news for the smol pixie: Which? have stolen the Virtual Blooming Idiocy!! How very dare they...
(Feb 2023 magazine)
Blimey.
Will she use this as the reason why her index is superfluous? Even though she has said a few times it was nearly ready?
Ages ago she should have said the VBI was far more work than she envisioned and could not start complete it. Only problem - Nigella directed tit loads of money in her direction to fund it 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Just watching a film 🍉 Stay the Night and the girl is talking about losing her virginity and using different types of burgers to describe her options.

As you were.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I thought she said it was a drunken shag at a party under the other guests' coats. I could have made this up tbf.
I thought it was in the back of the coffee shop they both worked in. Heyhoe, recollections may differ, especially if it's Jack remembering her own life on several different occasions. 🛎🔚

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Her account of that entire visit reads in exactly as it would if she went to visit someone equally exotic to her who lived in a bleeping council house.

What’s with the odd syntax she’s using for most of it? SHE’S telling the tale of “a foreign poor”. She doesn’t need to write it in “how you say in English”-speak. bleep
I can't get over 'you have very similar stories' - as if!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Dole queue? Is the daft bint coming from 1972? It’s all online now.
Mate, what? I was just cashing my giro today, queuing in the rain, smoking my fags outside the St Vincent De Paul’s with my triplets in their silver cross pram. They all have rickets because of the crumpled bus tickets, which is even more gently agonising, as I can’t afford to get the bus. Online, lol. More like ~in~ the line!! Also my shoes are too small. And wet!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I know it’s mid-thread but I can’t wait for the recap on the next one to explain how we’ve got onto how our pets smell 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Just popping in to say my dog absolutely stinks and I'm very jealous of all of yuse who have sweet smelling pets.
She's a geriatric mastiff cross and enormous. My whole house can be a bit whiffy if I'm not on top of it but I don't care. She's my baby girl and I'm happy to put up with the pong if it means we get to have her for another month or two.
How do you get pets that smell of candy floss?!!
Yes you can use this stuff…
Been a life saver for us:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Jelly, you KNOW she ISN’T LIKE all those SUPER FAST AND FANCY CHOPPERS.

View attachment 1909099

FFS do you LITERALLY want her to STOP BREATHING? Or perhaps chop all the veg first?

Sort of get a mise en place, ummm… in place. If you will.
View attachment 1909105

My critics often tell me I’m too pretty to be au fait familiar with “restaurant industry parlance” terminology, so I defer to Jack’s expertise here.
ANEURYSM. Do some prep and slice the onions etc ready and THEN switch the pan on, then once the oil is hot start cooking? I can't believe this plum was responsible for one page in a pta produced school recipes pamphlet, never mind published cook books. We truly live in a time where the culture of mediocrity is celebrated

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Bloody, bloody hell. Just listened to her Edinburgh interview with Kit de Waal while I was driving. Horrendous! I was repeatedly reminded of David Brent, especially when she started quoting enemies on Twitter by using stupid voices. It seems to me that an interview like that is an opportunity to talk about the wider issues you care about, while just using your own story as a starting point. But she repeatedly wanders off-course, talking endlessly about herself and her Twitter fights and forgetting the question she's meant to be answering. It's hideously self-obsessed, and many of her anecdotes aren't interesting at all (unless, presumably, you're her). Her claims about talking to 'nutritionists, dieticians, scientists' sounded made up - surely you'd name them if they'd been kind enough to help you with your book? Awful awful interview, with poor Kit de Waal doing her absolute best to make her look ok. Also, the needy repeated attempts to make the audience applaud by making belligerent, sweary statements and then staring hopefully at the audience. I'm sure she thinks swearing is part of her 'brand' but it came across as quite crass and inappropriate given the occasion/environment. As did the repeated mentioning of recreational drugs. And God, the number of times she mentioned her tattoos. As though they make her unusual. Cringe, cringe, cringe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Bloody, bloody hell. Just listened to her Edinburgh interview with Kit de Waal while I was driving. Horrendous! I was repeatedly reminded of David Brent, especially when she started quoting enemies on Twitter by using stupid voices. It seems to me that an interview like that is an opportunity to talk about the wider issues you care about, while just using your own story as a starting point. But she repeatedly wanders off-course, talking endlessly about herself and her Twitter fights and forgetting the question she's meant to be answering. It's hideously self-obsessed, and many of her anecdotes aren't interesting at all (unless, presumably, you're her). Her claims about talking to 'nutritionists, dieticians, scientists' sounded made up - surely you'd name them if they'd been kind enough to help you with your book? Awful awful interview, with poor Kit de Waal doing her absolute best to make her look ok. Also, the needy repeated attempts to make the audience applaud by making belligerent, sweary statements and then staring hopefully at the audience. I'm sure she thinks swearing is part of her 'brand' but it came across as quite crass and inappropriate given the occasion/environment. As did the repeated mentioning of recreational drugs. And God, the number of times she mentioned her tattoos. As though they make her unusual. Cringe, cringe, cringe.
Do it on x2 playback speed. Hilarious

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.