Jack Monroe #468 Remove my photo! Warned!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Carole, quick, the indy have somehow reverted to their original headline. To the batmobile!

Screenshot 2023-01-25 at 21.21.24.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
I always imagine her smelling like a pair of mens jeans that have been worn for many months but never washed, or a damp flannel that's been sat at the bottom of the laundry bin for days.
I somehow think she runs the washer, but fails to empty it for several days 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
She actually mentions peanut oil in that rant... Not having used the stuff myself I don't know. But I do occasionally use sesame oil (which is because it's far too expensive to use in substantial quantities on the regular) and, well, that makes things taste of sesame seeds....
Peanut oil is also known as groundnut oil, has a very neutral taste and high smoking point. Used a lot in Chinese cookery, and for once it's not expensive (also good for use in air fryers)

Reactions: 26
Nanna wants us all to believe she bumped into Jacksy in the dole queue 😂😂
Ah FFS I thought for a moment you meant that awful toad 👹NANNA👹 BEA. There are so many similarities between Jack and all the ZZZZZZZ celebs on tiktok 😂 and it's a collab the entire world can do without 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Ah FFS I thought for a moment you meant that awful toad 👹NANNA👹 BEA. There are so many similarities between Jack and all the ZZZZZZZ celebs on tiktok 😂 and it's a collab the entire world can do without 😂.
Sorry. I don't know who Nanna Bea is. I don't do tiktok. I'm not down with the kids

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I can't believe Jack dared to compare herself to Irene.

Irene has a TV! Jack could only dream of those riches.

Anyway 1. bleeping patronising white saviour tit, with Jack centre of the story and photo.
2. How much of Irene's life do we think made it into Jack's fictionalised backstory?
I hate that Jack is cuddling the wee girl. Maybe it's just me but it looks like point scoring in an 'I'm not racist, I cuddle black people' way. And who cuddles the child of stranger? It's not fair on the child to foist a stranger on them either.

• Sad
Reactions: 38
Just popping in to say my dog absolutely stinks and I'm very jealous of all of yuse who have sweet smelling pets.
She's a geriatric mastiff cross and enormous. My whole house can be a bit whiffy if I'm not on top of it but I don't care. She's my baby girl and I'm happy to put up with the pong if it means we get to have her for another month or two.
How do you get pets that smell of candy floss?!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Just popping in to say my dog absolutely stinks and I'm very jealous of all of yuse who have sweet smelling pets.
She's a geriatric mastiff cross and enormous. My whole house can be a bit whiffy if I'm not on top of it but I don't care. She's my baby girl and I'm happy to put up with the pong if it means we get to have her for another month or two.
How do you get pets that smell of candy floss?!!
Awwwww. We have 4 dogs ranging from 3 to 13 (almost 14). The 2 golden oldies do smell a bit interesting! That plus teenage boys make our home a bit whiffy, probably. But, meh. It's clean and tidy and mostly a happy home. duck it 😂.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Oh god, picturing Jack coming up with recipes for Nanna to shove in Nina.

"I don't have a hand blender, what can I do?"

"Stick it in Nina love and serve it with chutney."

• Haha
Reactions: 18
My dog normally smells of biscuits,if anything - a sort of mild Rich Tea scent - but tonight he smells of fish pie as he climbed into the dishwasher when I was on the phone.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I hate that Jack is cuddling the wee girl. Maybe it's just me but it looks like point scoring in an 'I'm not racist, I cuddle black people' way. And who cuddles the child of stranger? It's not fair on the child to foist a stranger on them either.
Her account of that entire visit reads in exactly as it would if she went to visit someone equally exotic to her who lived in a bleeping council house.

What’s with the odd syntax she’s using for most of it? SHE’S telling the tale of “a foreign poor”. She doesn’t need to write it in “how you say in English”-speak. bleep

• Angry
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.