Jack Monroe #467 Tragedies that seem to befall her, you’d think her life was written by Lemony Snicket

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why would you be drinking your kids milk anyway?! Have some bloody water!!
I suspect there’s a tiny grain of truth in it, and that what actually happened was she ran out of milk, CBA to sort out a toddler just to go out to the shop for milk and put a little bit of formula in her tea. I did that, once, it was disgusting. I’m sure a lot of parents of small children have done exactly the same because getting small children out the house is a pain in the backside. Nothing to do with poverty, but she can legitimately say she had no milk and drank formula.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Still no appearance from everyone's favourite grifting cokehead, then? I'm shocked, I must admit.

One of two possibilities here: she's either moving and finding it easier to stay off the Hellsite and the enforced time away has come at a good time for maximum neckbeard concern, or, she's not happy with the lack of concern (there doesn't seem to be many posts) so she's staying away until it ramps up again.

head.

Reactions: 42
Also: I’m very surprised Jack never crowdfunded for breast removal during that period.
Thinking about that unlocked a memory; I donated to someone’s crowdfunder for breast removal surgery a couple of years ago. They raised more than 10k and haven’t ever gone through with it.
Quoting myself like a ninny here, but in case anyone’s even remotely interested, I just looked this up. It was 3yrs ago I donated. They raised almost 15k and still haven’t had the surgery. I’m of course not forcing someone to have life changing surgery or blaming them for changing their minds. I guess it’s just interesting to see how many of us give money blindly to people or causes we support but it sometimes just turns out to be a big nothing.
I’ve learnt a lot about charities 🍉 in the past 6m and between that and crowdfunding, I’m almost at the point of never handing over another penny of my money ever again! Charity begins at home - I feel half bad for saying that.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
She has also written before that she woke up in the bath after taking an overdose (so a different tale this time), and allegedly SB was in the house then. I think she went off down the food bank with him the same day or something, as you would 🙄. I can't find the receipt for it now but I remember the amount of paracetamol she said she took would have tipped her into the fatal/acute liver failure territory, not something you'd do then just pop out for a bit 🙄.
Yes I remember this account- I think it was a talk she gave a few years ago. It was a new version to the old story in a few ways.
The s**cide attempt in the bath with SB in the next room with a mix of medication.
She went to a FB the next day for the first time with him and collapsed. She was taken to another room and gently, softly told her story. They gave her TWO BINBAGS of food and sent her home. Another FB user friend came round and they scoffed the lot.
No mention of parent's friend working there and parents coming round with bags for life of food.
I'll try to find the link.
Found it - it was Greenbelt festival. Also includes details of a man in Budapest sidling up to her in a pool thanking her for saving his life 😂

(Thanks to @GrannyOgg for Greenbelt link. Be warned. Jack sings)

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
fwiw I do believe Jack experienced a trauma in her teenage years and I have my suspicions as to what it was. It would make a lot of subsequent behavior fall into place for me. However I’m aware that in thinking this I may also just be projecting my experiences onto her. And NONE of it excuses the lies, bullying, manipulation, and gaslighting and stealing of other peoples platforms. You have to own your own tit and take responsibility for sorting it in this life
As someone who also experienced a major trauma in my teenage years I have occasionally wondered about this too. I suppose I’m mildly fascinated as to how someone with all her privilege and opportunity can fail to achieve anything at all. I know people who have pulled themselves up from nothing, proper bootstraps myth stuff. I’ve done okay in context too, I’ve achieved meaningful things that I can die happy knowing I’ve done. But Jack has had it all on a plate and done nothing. She sometimes seems to have progressed no further than leaving school in terms of her emotional development. And that was something I also went through for a while until my early twenties - sort of arrested emotional development whilst simultaneously progressing fine in terms of going to work and that - because of unaddressed trauma. So I have wondered.

Objectively I had far far less resource available to me in terms of ability to get medical support, having supportive family, knowledgeable family (none of my family were clinical workers or even clinical adjacent!), my own and family’s social capital, financial resource. Anything you can think of, I had less than she did. So I had to do lots of learning and growth by myself, including getting psychology books out of the library and renewing them till they wouldn’t let me renew them any more (the internet wasn’t as well populated then as now!). Lots of feeling uncomfortable, in pain, and crying a lot on my own as I processed what had happened years before. Being triggered, as in the real meaning of the word, by casual references on TV of the sort of thing that had been done to me. (Luckily my friends weren’t cunts so they never joked about that anyway, though some people did and that would trigger me too.) I tucked myself away for a while and got on with life while my emotional scar tissue thickened. Eventually booked in to talk to a GP who referred me for some therapy, which wasn’t long enough at all but was better than no support. And here I am. Not a liar, not a fraud, not a grifter taking hundreds of thousands of pounds from people, not avoiding tax.

And I think it was tit that I went through all that, and I’m not using it as an example of personal resilience, because I don’t think anyone should ever have no choice but to deal with that alone. It’s not right and everything should be different. I’ve had to have some more therapy every so often since, usually when serious life events have wrecked me. It’s never enough, really, but that’s because I can’t afford enough. (NHS provision is really poor.)

Even if she did experience terrible things - and we have no way of knowing, she may not have - it’s in no way an excuse for being as awful and hideous to people as she is now. Profiting off people’s naivety, perpetuating harmful stereotypes about disorders she claims to have, causing worry and upset to followers with the suicide baiting, humiliating her son. Millions of people have disorders arising from trauma but they don’t treat other people they way she does. Millions of people have less access to help, they don’t have well off parents and wealthy partners who can pay for therapy like she has and had. Millions of people only hurt themselves, they don’t cause harm to other people from their massive social media platforms, they don’t steal and cheat money out of people. So. No excuses for her anyway.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Still no appearance from everyone's favourite grifting cokehead, then? I'm shocked, I must admit.

One of two possibilities here: she's either moving and finding it easier to stay off the Hellsite and the enforced time away has come at a good time for maximum neckbeard concern, or, she's not happy with the lack of concern (there doesn't seem to be many posts) so she's staying away until it ramps up again.

head.
The nations favourite boring old coke hag?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
You can buy it in solid blocks, you grate it and mix it with boiling water to rehydrate it.
Some actual useful advice thank you x

When it comes down to it, it’s the glorious slop that keeps me transfixed by the JM titshow. Can you be addicted to the feeling of pure WTF you see when looking at one of her bowls of goop? Because I am. It makes me feel ALIVE. That middle one is new to me. WTF is it? A new way to serve frogspawn?
It means you’re a glorious witch darling. Just like me 💅🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 22

head.
What's the record for Jack being off twitter? Are we approaching that time frame yet?

Reactions: 10
The “you” pronouns mentioned upthread…it’s distancing language, and TBF it is often seen in people with PTSD, I used to do it when recounting a traumatic event in my life, a therapist sOfTlY gEnTlY coaxed me out of it. (Actually she didn’t, she baldly explained what I was doing and got me to recount the whole thing in different ways using I pronouns, she was hard as nails that therapist but awesome.)

fwiw I do believe Jack experienced a trauma in her teenage years and I have my suspicions as to what it was. It would make a lot of subsequent behavior fall into place for me. However I’m aware that in thinking this I may also just be projecting my experiences onto her. And NONE of it excuses the lies, bullying, manipulation, and gaslighting and stealing of other peoples platforms. You have to own your own tit and take responsibility for sorting it in this life
yeah no, I get the same vibe you do - but I often ponder if I'm projecting my own stuff onto her too.

I think part of the reason I am so fascinated by this whole toxic shitshow is she reminds me of an amplified version of my maladaptive behaviour patterns when I was in my early 20s and my undiagnosed Chronic-PTSD was just starting to properly kick in and knock the wheels off. But thankfully, I was fortunate enough to eventually have access to the help needed, and I took the opportunity and put the graft in, and turned it around. I do hope that one day Jack manages to do the same and make genuine amends and find some peace for herself.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Cost of living crisis raging and Jack with nothing useful to add. Not being asked on telly to demonstrate awful recipes - hurrah!, I know it is a loss in entertainment value but how she could be given a public platform for this was incredible.
Will she come back with the same old same old or will we eventually get the big reveal of the new person she has decided to be.

Reactions: 24
For anyone put off donating money or items to charities by this charlatan and her ilk (lol), consider giving your time as a volunteer - you will soon notice if your chosen cause is a wrong'un once you're behind the curtain.

Or writing letters to your local representatives to effect change, raise awareness and so on - the canal is an eloquent bunch.

• Heart
I reckon today's moving day, and when she reappears on twitter she'll say that the "I can't bleeping do this any more" comment was referring to packing a million boxes, or something equally implausible.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
View attachment 1905867
😂 I’d forgotten this is “best enjoyed with headphones in at full volume” and that people had allegedly requested it. I’ve just had a little re-listen and watch of American Caterwauling Jack. I like the bit where she stops leaning nonchalantly on the shower wall and just GOES FOR IT.

I for one am grateful for Jack’s deluded self-belief that she is simply FABULOUS at everything (except roundabouts and swimming). Hours of fun.
I mean, I can't🤣🤣
I watched that through my fingers. So many questions! I'm still cringing about something's quite innocuous I said in 2006. If I'd done this, I'd be in a cupboard somewhere refusing to come out.

• Haha
Headline in my work inbox
"Charity shop finds a £10,000 Cartier watch in bag of donations"

Which they then sold to a smol pixie for 50p.

Oh no. Wait. They sold it on eBay for what it was worth.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I also have a vague feeling of unease that there may be another suicide attempt alluded to, but it'll be something like 5 paracetamol and a can of lager. It would be the ultimate critic silencer and prevent any challenging forevermore. I really wouldn't put it past her.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Can a grownup do a new thread? I have done some FORENSIC analysis and believe the most liked thread title.suggestion is the angry squig's plea suggested by @Griftymcgriftface
Screenshot_20230124_111659_Chrome.jpg

Although given I fucked this up last time, maybe someone should check my working!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Screenshot_20230124-112021_Adblock Browser.jpg

'

'pretty bleeping poof'
'every piece of hate mail that said I was too pretty to be poor' :rolleyes:
Even her vile abuse has to be a humblebrag.
When posting these, guys we must remember that Jack suffers from cripplingly low self esteem!

WARNED!

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.