Jack Monroe #467 Tragedies that seem to befall her, you’d think her life was written by Lemony Snicket

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The melodramatic suicide baiting is so overwhelming,it’s easy to overlook all the other crap in this article. This whole thing is seething with resentment about her child.
This bit in particula:

View attachment 1906019
shows how she puts herself first and centre. Also foodbanks don’t give people with older children formula because formula is bloody expensive. So she’s implying she’s been using a foodbank since her child was a baby.
What's the date on this post?

Reactions: 10
The melodramatic suicide baiting is so overwhelming,it’s easy to overlook all the other crap in this article. This whole thing is seething with resentment about her child.
This bit in particula:

View attachment 1906019
shows how she puts herself first and centre. Also foodbanks don’t give people with older children formula because formula is bloody expensive. So she’s implying she’s been using a foodbank since her child was a baby.
The formula bit is a jump the shark moment for me.

Reactions: 41
I have been biting my tongue on a lot of the suicide reference stuff because it upsets me too much and I’m not sure I’ll be coherent. But I do have to say the following:

You can’t seriously think you are justified in worrying that someone might take your son away when you have literally admitted two lines earlier to trying to kill yourself in the bath with him in the house. Take some bleeping responsibility, stop weaponising suicide, stop making tit up and just generally duck off.
She has also written before that she woke up in the bath after taking an overdose (so a different tale this time), and allegedly SB was in the house then. I think she went off down the food bank with him the same day or something, as you would 🙄. I can't find the receipt for it now but I remember the amount of paracetamol she said she took would have tipped her into the fatal/acute liver failure territory, not something you'd do then just pop out for a bit 🙄.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 70
The formula bit is a jump the shark moment for me.
She showed the blue Aptamil in the “sparse cupboard” with three or four basics tins of tomatoes in the kitchen. Her child was already long past needing milk. Food banks aren’t allowed to give powdered milk (that’s what milk vouchers were for 🙄 it’s part of “healthy start vouchers“ now, which Jack didn’t invent) even if they gave it, she’s dropped them in the 💩 by saying they would give formula milk out

• Angry
Reactions: 55
😂 I listened. God she’s bleeping painful to listen to. That whiny voice is like nails down a blackboard.

I love that earlier when she’s talking about eBay/ her eBay charges and the “posh shoe shop” she can’t maintain eye contact. Telling a little fibbo there are we, Jack?!
Yes, full sh1tting dog mode activated there. Ebay take their charges from sellers with the card you have to register, it's not optional to pay. Also small aneurysm: metal masher in new non-stick pan! 😬 Really thrifty.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She showed the blue Aptamil in the “sparse cupboard” with three or four basics tins of tomatoes in the kitchen. Her child was already long past needing milk. Food banks aren’t allowed to give powdered milk (that’s what milk vouchers were for 🙄 it’s part of “healthy start vouchers“ now, which Jack didn’t invent) even if they gave it, she’s dropped them in the 💩 by saying they would give formula milk out
Why would you be drinking your kids milk anyway?! Have some bloody water!!

Reactions: 50
This was why I asked the date. You'd get, at around that time, £3.10 a week in vouchers per week from memory and double that I think if your child is under a year old. Only to be spent on fruit veg milk etc. So there should be no reason for a toddler child to not have access to cows milk (or a replacement if lactose issues) at 3 if using those vouchers. Prices at that time would have seen you easily get 2x2l bottles of fresh milk a week for £3.10, obviously less if buying fruit and veg with it. That's 500ml a day for one child per day, with 500ml spare. But milk should have been readily accessible with those vouchers as its not like you could use them for other essential bills like rent or gas, or even more general food. They were ring fenced.

So why resorting to baby milk for a toddler?

Eta its now £4.25 per week 1-4 and £8.50 a week under 1. So at today's prices you'd get 2x2l cows milk and then money left over for some fruit or veg. Or less milk more fruit and veg.

Last edited:
Reactions: 44
The “you” pronouns mentioned upthread…it’s distancing language, and TBF it is often seen in people with PTSD, I used to do it when recounting a traumatic event in my life, a therapist sOfTlY gEnTlY coaxed me out of it. (Actually she didn’t, she baldly explained what I was doing and got me to recount the whole thing in different ways using I pronouns, she was hard as nails that therapist but awesome.)

fwiw I do believe Jack experienced a trauma in her teenage years and I have my suspicions as to what it was. It would make a lot of subsequent behavior fall into place for me. However I’m aware that in thinking this I may also just be projecting my experiences onto her. And NONE of it excuses the lies, bullying, manipulation, and gaslighting and stealing of other peoples platforms. You have to own your own tit and take responsibility for sorting it in this life

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Assuming it's a sex scene, I like a cock as much as the next person but not a bony skeketal one 🤢 and certainly not enough to get one permanently tattooed onto my arm.
But there's no cock on a skeleton, am unsure as to what pleasure just a pelvic bone could supply. I know this because I once asked my Mum why skeletons didn't have penises on a crowded bus and when she explained it would rot and fall off several gentlemen crossed their legs. (I was small at the time and we'd been to a museum)

• Haha
Reactions: 81
I know everyone scars differently but I have some 🍉 with tattoos over and you can still see them.
she’s disgusting. The graphic description, even now, when I’m pretty stable and recovered, made me go “hmm.. I wonder if I..” and stopped myself - so I can’t imagine how hard it would be for people who are more vulnerable than me to get triggered. She’s abhorrent. The stealing is one thing. Her selfish thoughtless narc lying about things like this could literally hurt people (or worse).

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 68
Any wrist scars visible here? 🤷‍♀️🧐
When it comes down to it, it’s the glorious slop that keeps me transfixed by the JM titshow. Can you be addicted to the feeling of pure WTF you see when looking at one of her bowls of goop? Because I am. It makes me feel ALIVE. That middle one is new to me. WTF is it? A new way to serve frogspawn?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Yep. Even though she’s written articles about him trying to hoard food.
I’m convinced this one was pilfered from a foster child story.

I’ve unfortunately got some scars, not from any attempts, but from SH as an older teen. Even though they were relatively “neat” at the time and far less traumatic than a suicide attempt, they are still obvious, even on my pale skin. I really struggle to believe she has scars there that can’t be seen on photos. I’ve seen scars on wrists, they’re not subtle. Especially not relatively soon after an attempt.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.