Jack Monroe #467 Tragedies that seem to befall her, you’d think her life was written by Lemony Snicket

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't stand the way she has always used 'we' when talking about people living in poverty, despite her little small-print disclaimers about how she's not poor anymore. Gives me the ICK. Happy enough for the majority of people to assume she's one of them, that the experiences she speaks of (drinking formula, eating stock cubes, having water on cereal) are her own.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 65
That tattoo makes me feel sad.

Fancy having an encounter with someone with 200+ bones but no boner.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
In the graphic paragraph she describes how “you” do this, “you” do that, “you hold the bottom of your jumper sleeve”.
Am I correct in saying a frau read into this use of language and took from it that when Jack refers to you rather than I, it is something she might be implying she’s done but at the same time is being tricky with words?
I mean the next part blows that theory out of the water when she says she has scars on her wrists but yeah…
Yes!! It’s been discussed before and unsurprisingly we have smart ppl on this thread who made really good points, it starts with my true crime podcast post but scroll down and there’s more chat. But yeah saying you is a major bullshit 🚩

• Heart
Reactions: 42
She‘s moving isn’t she? It’s not a flounce because small and delicate.
Definitely. She'll appear in a couple of days clutching a pot of Farrow and Ball in the shade "Fungal Nail" TOOT TOOTing all over the shop.

• Haha
Reactions: 78
Definitely. She'll appear in a couple of days clutching a pot of Farrow and Ball in the shade "Fungal Nail" TOOT TOOTing all over the shop.
Hoorah! I’ve knitted a library out of salvaged milk bottles and antique walnut shelving that I found in a neighbour’s bin shed.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Is this Jack caught in YET ANOTHER horrific lie? That is, weaponizing awful tit for a clapback: early version.
View attachment 1905693
Claims in Aug 2013 that at the height of the pov she slit her wrists.
View attachment 1905695
View attachment 1905717Not only that though, AND claims she “still has the scars on her wrists” in Aug 2013.
View attachment 1905699
Not visible in any pics of her though. Eg these from across the years in The GuardianView attachment 1905740View attachment 1905739
View attachment 1905709
Maybe they and every other pic of her airbrushes them out? Except here in this vid from Aug 2013, there’s no sign of them all the way through that I can see either.

Ditto this one from January 2014
[/https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=twOrErzE_c4SPOILER]
It’s so obvious that she gets off on this shite it’s bleeping disgusting.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Three things: 1. so Big D is a/the “union rep” but she got unceremoniously booted anyway?! 🤭

2. If anyone here believes that Dave texted her that, I will eat 344% of a Pumble, and it will matter not one jot.

3. BIG DAVE was the “now duck off :)” pioneer!

View attachment 1905094

“It matters not one jot”. What an absolute pair of insufferable twats they are. Even if he didn’t actually say it. 😂
Where the duck did that unwanted and frankly unwelcome extra e come from in that screenshot? I know it’s not exactly a surprise to find out that none of the Guardian’s editors are familiar with Southend, but couldn’t they have at least bleeping googled Westcliff to find out how to spell it? It’s a national newspaper ffs. I know that’s not the point, really, but I’m in a right huff.

i know I'm an incomer, but nothing about boundaries makes sense here! we're miles from brightside over here. i just assume its circular, like the weird ass postcodes here

jack related, why do you residents of southend have an ss0 postcode? it's weird 🥴 the rest of us are content with xx1
Westcliff is SS0, SS1 is Southend along the seafront and Thorpe Bay. If you can ever be bothered to look at the Southend borough postcodes overlaid on a map, it’s like Westcliff was the starting point and then the postcodes go out in a clockwise circle around, ending up with Leigh as SS9. (Although it gets a bit more complicated because Castle Point is also a bunch of SS postcodes, sort of bodged on to the west of Southend. Rochford is a separate village and that’s SS4.) I guess postcode boundary decisions were made totally separately from anything about local authority boundaries/parliamentary constituencies, because nothing in Southend matches up.
Anyway you’ll be pleased to hear Southend’s not alone in its weirdness - Chelmsford has also has a 0, we used to have a trip to Burnham (CM0) in the summer holidays 🍉

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Her skin doesn't seem to like tattoo ink. They are looked a bit smudged. I dont have any tattoos but alot of my mates do and apart from a few tit ones when they got pished years ago and decided the Tasmanian devil or daffy duck was a good idea, they are all clear cut lines and well colored. Some of my friends even have coloured sleeves.
She gets cheap tattoos. Which is weird because of all the things to skimp on… when people accuse her of thousands of pounds of ink and she denies it I think it’s the only time she tells the truth because they were cheap and badly done.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
In the graphic paragraph she describes how “you” do this, “you” do that, “you hold the bottom of your jumper sleeve”.
Am I correct in saying a frau read into this use of language and took from it that when Jack refers to you rather than I, it is something she might be implying she’s done but at the same time is being tricky with words?
I mean the next part blows that theory out of the water when she says she has scars on her wrists but yeah…
Wasn't that one of the things she went mad about and tried to horrify the Squigs with when she first discovered Tattle. I was a lurker in the very early threads but I think I remember people reading that article and then having a nosy on her many hand/arm/bowl shots for any evidence

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Actually, I went and looked on the site to see the article to which she was responding and found this follow up too. She tweeted the original article out to her followers, completely misrepresented it, then changed the name of her blog post response and edited it to remove all the evidence that she’d deliberately caused a pile-on of the journalist who wrote it. Oh my how much things have (not) changed in ten years. It’s worth a read.

View attachment 1905813
View attachment 1905814View attachment 1905819View attachment 1905815
Edit: 🥕
Too pretty to be poor as a Thread Title please and thank(space)you.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
That tattoo makes me feel sad.

Fancy having an encounter with someone with 200+ bones but no boner.
🎶 Like rain on your wedding day 🤣
Any wrist scars visible here? 🤷‍♀️🧐
she’s such a bleeping teenage liar. There aren’t any scars on her wrists, anyway at around age 16 we all learned that if you want to die from slashing your wrists you need to do it vertically to duck the vein, horizontally won’t do duck all.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
I have been biting my tongue on a lot of the suicide reference stuff because it upsets me too much and I’m not sure I’ll be coherent. But I do have to say the following:

You can’t seriously think you are justified in worrying that someone might take your son away when you have literally admitted two lines earlier to trying to kill yourself in the bath with him in the house. Take some bleeping responsibility, stop weaponising suicide, stop making tit up and just generally duck off.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 98
View attachment 1905867
😂 I’d forgotten this is “best enjoyed with headphones in at full volume” and that people had allegedly requested it. I’ve just had a little re-listen and watch of American Caterwauling Jack. I like the bit where she stops leaning nonchalantly on the shower wall and just GOES FOR IT.

I for one am grateful for Jack’s deluded self-belief that she is simply FABULOUS at everything (except roundabouts and swimming). Hours of fun.
Shoot me, please.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
There are trans people I know who have risked nasty infections because they can’t bear the sight of their genitals/chests so avoid washing. Def wouldn’t be posting pictures of medical investigations on dysphoric areas on a blog. Who does this btw? I don’t know enough about illness/disability social media but I swear there’s a type of person who posts every investigation and hospital admission for content. What’s up with that?!
Münchausen syndrome. It’s one thing I’m convinced she does have.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Or lost her sponsorship for the smoothie ingredients.

Speaking of which...she recommends buying part of a "block" for the coconut milk. Coconut milk is a liquid that comes in tins or bottles. Unless she means buying part of a coconut and squeezing the milk out of it yourself 🤷‍♂️
You can buy it in solid blocks, you grate it and mix it with boiling water to rehydrate it.

Reactions: 20
The melodramatic suicide baiting is so overwhelming,it’s easy to overlook all the other crap in this article. This whole thing is seething with resentment about her child.
This bit in particula:

View attachment 1906019
shows how she puts herself first and centre. Also foodbanks don’t give people with older children formula because formula is bloody expensive. So she’s implying she’s been using a foodbank since her child was a baby.
Also didn’t she get very angry on the hell bird site recently that SB never went hungry, it was only her?
It’s almost like it’s all lies.

Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.