Jack Monroe #466 I'm heterosexual so I'm buying a guinea pig for Gary Wilmot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fancy tagging Nigella.. no wonder the squiggs follow Jack the twit ..thick as her platty jubes trifle of doom.
Dickheads

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Exactly - I stumbled across Bored of Lunch on Instagram about three or four months ago, I think. He’s got a great account - for me, anyway! Lots of recipe ideas, enough push about his book (& signing events; take note, Jack, you can’t rest on your laurels if you want to remain relevant & sell your product) that you knew when it was being launched without it being a distraction & that’s about it. No drama, no “me, me, me”, definitely no flouncing & no hint of any flying monkeys anywhere. And I can confirm his recipes from the book are brilliant and also pose no risk to fingers; I fell softly, gently back in love with my slow cooker this week. I bet he doesn’t read here but if you do, thanks, Nathan!
It’s hard to fathom that in 2023 Jack, or her publisher, expected to sell the book on pretty much her name alone. Or with next to no pre promotion in the press and none on TV. Or that her social media presence consists of a broken, rarely updated website, a rarely updated instagram and the absolute insane bin fire that is her Twitter.

• Sad
Reactions: 60
Babe, same. I should be over it by now but my Mummy took her life over 30 years ago and I still get a little twinge of jealousy when people talk about their funny, lovely mums x
It’s tough isn’t it. I ‘lost’ my dad (heroin addict) many moons ago but really I’ve never had parents as my mum had severe depression and was always absent mentally and physically. I got over my dad at a young age but the lack of a real loving mother is something I can’t shake. Only positive is to ensure I’m much better myself as a mum.

Sending hugs to all those affected by the very real heartache of none loving supportive parents 😘

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 100
I used to work for a company who essentially audited Citizens advice 🍉 and I had a guy tell me that he wasn’t very happy that when he rang citizens advice because his dad had died in the shower (as in, not an ambulance) they weren’t very helpful.
This is on par with Jack Stans tagging nigella, the duck is nigella gonna do?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
It’s hard to fathom that in 2023 Jack, or her publisher, expected to sell the book on pretty much her name alone. Or with next to no pre promotion in the press and none on TV. Or that her social media presence consists of a broken, rarely updated website, a rarely updated instagram and the absolute insane bin fire that is her Twitter.
Given the hardback and nice quality I think the book was meant to capitalise on her success of Daily Kitchen and subsequent TV and media work. Unfortunately Jack fucked all that up by being over a year late delivering the book, being beyond tit on every TV appearance she's done, making a complete clown of herself on social media, lying constantly and begging. If she'd actually put the effort in she could be quite successful but she didn't and here we all are.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 83
Someone spotted an advert for Grifty Kitchen at a railways station and wondered how much it would have cost. I Googled for about 5 minutes and then got bored tbh. Hard to find any actual amounts but this webite says to budget a minimumof £3,000 for an ad campaign.

1 panel at Halifax station is £330 per month on this site so I'm going with that as a ballpark figure. Must be costing a fair bit to advertise Grifty Kitchen in various locations.

Re: Jack's online behaviour last night, I hope SB didn't witness most of it (though her unaliving breadcrumb tweet is till there today). Did she forget that SB's teachers follow her? No wonder that child is in therapy. I can believe the moneky boy on Twatter when they say SB's father now has main custody. She doesn't help herself (or seemingly care) in terms of her access to her son. ETA: Those utterly grim tweets about being burnt alive etc. are still up too. How can she subject her family to that sort of thing ffs.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 68
I am in the middle of a catch up and this isn't particularly important, but I checked on Amazon and the memoir is still listed

View attachment 1901767
“A real page turner, a gentle rollercoaster ride from the dizzying heights of chesterfield sofas to most saddest lows of carrot and cumin burgers and right back up to the highest high….cotswolds company sideboards”

I’ve cringed so hard at that my uterus fell out.
dont be giving Jack recipe ideas pls

• Haha
Reactions: 47
That Smol Robots twit has been reading here and we've upset him. I find not visiting websites I don't like is generally the best cure for that sort of thing.
Pathetic. He must have tweeted that then came straight here to see the reaction, and then back to Twitter to clutch pearls over us daring to discuss her “help fund my vital work” scam and disgusting cosplay as a marginalised person??

V strange behaviour hun. 2/10 would expect more from Jackie’s longest enduring beg friend.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 68
After the tit she pulled last night.. a welfare check would of been called and if a child was there the police would of taken them to a place of safety ( the child).
A report would of been sent to SS and an emergency meeting would of been made for Monday.
That's if she does have custody.
She's playing a dangerous game ..I really hope it's worth it ,Jack 👌. I hope the money is worth this.

• Sad
Reactions: 55
Just delete social media and get a proper job, Jack, and spare us all.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Again - Jack’s stans are NOT the thread topic and shouldn’t be attention. Note to all. - Please read our rules and why they're important
I don't think it is fair to bodyshame a stan. There is a lot to criticise without resorting to her insulting her appearance.

Eta I insult neckbesrds, but that is an archetype they are choosing to portray.
Sorry but not sorry on this one. She's a nasty piece of work and fair game as far as I'm concerned. I'm not insisting that anyone else takes part.

No squig, it really isn’t. And I’m a vegan lover of black beans. This is enough to put anyone off, looks like puréed baby tit. Like swallowing vomit, texture wise.
You could have used a spoiler. I’m trying to eat my lunch tenderstem!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.