Jack Monroe #466 I'm heterosexual so I'm buying a guinea pig for Gary Wilmot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know that most of her followers only see a very limited snapshot of what she posts, and therefore don't notice as many inconsistencies as we do - but the "I can't do this..." tweet has had 516.3k views so far. She can't possibly pretend it didn't happen... can she?
I noticed that her 30p Lee tweet had very high viewing figures, too. I think also about 500k. Much higher than her usual boring, nonsense, blathering-about-paint tweets. So there’s a vast number of people on Twitter who have only seen two tweets from Jack lately: the first saying she’d be suing a notorious bleep, and the second suggestive of suicide because of the trolls and haters. Anyone casually browsing these threads who doesn’t get what’s going on: Do you see it now? Because you SHOULD.

Reactions: 51
Sorry but I think a lot of her stans just enjoy the drama. I'm not a Jack fan but if I was genuinely concerned about Jack, I would call Essex Police and let them know there was reason to be concerned about her welfare. I wouldn't Tweet bleeping Nigella Lawson or Roger De Courcey and Nookie Bear.

Secondly if I'd said something that gave people the impression that I was suicidal when I wasn't I'd back on Twitter correcting that in record time explaining that I was fine/getting help and there was no need at all to panic because I wouldn't want anyone being distressed.
🦉 at the clarification that you arent a Jack fan there Jenny, we were all unsure for a while!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
manuals weren't listed in last weeks Sunday Times so never did see the presale figures, but this is the list in todays.
Just think if she actually tried to make a decent book and stayed away from twitter she might have been in this list

View attachment 1901647
An Avant Garde poem inspired by sales numbers.

I call it:
Thrifty Grenade

Hark!
Is that they whistle of thine pot upon the stove top?
Never could it be!
Hark!
Is't whine of the whistle of falling bomb!
Hark!
Thrifty Kitchen Grenade

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Whoever tagged Nigella needs to give their head a wobble.
The recent conversation has reminded me of tweets Jack made a couple of months ago, which I think were also attempts to close down a conversation which she didn’t like. She had ‘two close friends currently in ICU’ then nothing for ages, then referred to a friend having recently topped themselves her words not mine.
This has hints of the emotionless murdered on the job words she used about Sir David Amess’ killing.
Unless it’s about her, she appears to use the most heartless, blunt words to describe trauma.
When she talks about herself she almost always portrays herself as weak and vulnerable. Everything - even the food she eats has to be soft, warming, gentle, comforting. It’s why I am very cynical about the words she said she receives in threats - it’s written in the same way she described a friend and an MP.
And it absolutely does happen that the conscience-free will send themselves abuse if its not forthcoming to prove a point. That toe rag Giles Coren did it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
manuals weren't listed in last weeks Sunday Times so never did see the presale figures, but this is the list in todays.
Just think if she actually tried to make a decent book and stayed away from twitter she might have been in this list

View attachment 1901647
Goes to show that Jack’s brand is just completely tapped out now. Nobody needs another budget cookbook or thrifty tips. Even if GK was good, it probably wouldn’t have done very well in terms of sales because it’s so overdone. If Jack actually cared about her career, she’d branch into other niches. These books all have a strong brand identify and social media presences to back them up (proper social media around food - not the author’s crumbly bleeping bones or whatever). Also a lot of these have done well due to creating followings on TikTok. Air fryers and slow cookers have been huge thanks to people worrying about energy bills. Perhaps GK should have included a chapter about building your own air fryer out of cereal boxes and a hairdryer.

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Like many here, I have lost loved ones to suicide, including my husband. I also found the body of a friend who took his own life. How dare she pull this trick again!

The references to cancer are my aneurysm. I have blood cancer and am participating in a clinical trial atm, as conventional treatments have failed.
Seriously Jack. Feck off.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 141
Pals I forgot to share this yesterday, I’m watching Happy Valley from the beginning, and this scene made me giggle. Not sure if it’s been shared before (I mean probably, nothing passes you lot, but just in case).
40A80CAA-832A-402D-B4E6-C82E287C376C.png

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Like many here, I have lost loved ones to suicide, including my husband. I also found the body of a friend who took his own life. How dare she pull this trick again!

The references to cancer are my aneurysm. I have blood cancer and am participating in a clinical trial atm, as conventional treatments have failed.
Seriously Jack. Feck off.
Seriously wishing you all the best in the trial. I really hope it works x

• Heart
Reactions: 57
bleeping hell, NOT NOW squig! She’s moved on from jolly japes with EIGHT FRIENDS jammed on a sofa (that’s either the Katie Hopkins one or the fetid one she sleeps on).

She’s now receiving highly imaginative and adjective-filled online abuse (that’s not quite the same as the highly imaginative adjective-filled online abuse she was posting about a few months back) reliving all her cancer scares AND she’s suicidal.

And all you want to focus on is her ugly-ass chair?!

View attachment 1901646
What, the (est) £785 captain's chair that she "totally forgot" ?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Anyone who enables that silly witch now. Needs to seek professional help too. They also need to have a good talk with themsevles and her.

I would actually say she is dangerous to have on social media, as she frequently uses such awful language. If people are truly up in dms with awful abuse she would be better she leaving. Her career is fucked now anyway so theres really no point using that tired excuse.

• Sad
Reactions: 54
That Smol Robots twit has been reading here and we've upset him. I find not visiting websites I don't like is generally the best cure for that sort of thing.
The insinuation that everyone on This Forum™ is evil and despicable is wild. I’ve not been here long but it genuinely is one of the funniest, open, diverse and friendly places of the internet. Everyone sharing their massively different experiences, different jobs, lifestyles, backgrounds, ages etc, regardless of views, opinions etc and the way everyone cares and looks out for each other completely free of judgement is just lovely.
None of us wish Jack harm ffs. Quite the opposite!!! We just have the joint interest in bringing a massive narcissistic manipulative grifter to account, and pointing out crappy behaviour! And we all hate (love) slop.
Love you mendacious trolls, and I thank everyone for making me 🦉🍾 and sometimes tear up with your stories xxx
🧌🧌🧌

• Heart
Reactions: 94
Anyone who enables that silly witch now. Needs to seek professional help too. They also need to have a good talk with themsevles and her.

I would actually say she is dangerous to have on social media, as she frequently uses such awful language. If people are truly up in dms with awful abuse she would be better she leaving. Her career is fucked now anyway so theres really no point using that tired excuse.
I cannot fathom why she has not been *‘cancelled’ long before now. Others have been cancelled for much less.
*I don’t really like the word cancelled, but it seems to fit the bill. So there we are then.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Do we trust the chimp? (I don't trust chimpanzees: they're a bit too human and they hunt monkeys. Not that I'm a big fan of monkeys. Huge fan of guinea pigs.)

Or are they the dick? Or are they both the dicks?
I don’t trust them at all. I think they are someone who thinks if they say something loud enough and long enough it will make it true. I have them blocked on twitter as I think they do nothing but play into other users views of what a Jack Monroe Troll is and how they behave. I’ve reported them in the past and fairly sure they have threatened to doxx Jack’s address.

Reactions: 40
Goes to show that Jack’s brand is just completely tapped out now. Nobody needs another budget cookbook or thrifty tips. Even if GK was good, it probably wouldn’t have done very well in terms of sales because it’s so overdone. If Jack actually cared about her career, she’d branch into other niches. These books all have a strong brand identify and social media presences to back them up (proper social media around food - not the author’s crumbly bleeping bones or whatever). Also a lot of these have done well due to creating followings on TikTok. Air fryers and slow cookers have been huge thanks to people worrying about energy bills. Perhaps GK should have included a chapter about building your own air fryer out of cereal boxes and a hairdryer.
Exactly - I stumbled across Bored of Lunch on Instagram about three or four months ago, I think. He’s got a great account - for me, anyway! Lots of recipe ideas, enough push about his book (& signing events; take note, Jack, you can’t rest on your laurels if you want to remain relevant & sell your product) that you knew when it was being launched without it being a distraction & that’s about it. No drama, no “me, me, me”, definitely no flouncing & no hint of any flying monkeys anywhere. And I can confirm his recipes from the book are brilliant and also pose no risk to fingers; I fell softly, gently back in love with my slow cooker this week. I bet he doesn’t read here but if you do, thanks, Nathan!

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.