Jack Monroe #465 Unlike Jack Monroe, Jacinda Ardern doesn't need emotional support sideboards

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My sister had her first child aged 17. Once she escaped the abusive house we all grew up in, she got married and they bought a tiny house when she got a part time job at the job centre. She helped tens of thousands of people to claim benefits and access training there. After she had been promoted a few times, she began training staff specifically in ways to help people. She then went on to help build a network of (not private sector) training networks to increase levels of literacy and numeracy - the reason why people can get free qualifications in Literacy and Numeracy, as well as GCSEs as adults is due to her hard work campaigning out of the public eye with others who felt the same, that people needed more than just money, they needed actual skills and qualifications to be able to have better lives.

Her house was lovely and very slowly went from bare essentials to beautiful items all carefully chosen and saved for. In her spare time, she'd raise money for assorted charities. Interestingly, she had no time at all for the people who earned money from wailing on TV as they weren't doing the actual work but were picking up thousands of pounds to stick up their noses spend on pretty much the tit that politicians would claim the benefits claimants were going to spend their money on. A suggestion of raising funds for TT was met with a 'rather not, it won't get to the people who need it and it's in their interests that nothing changes, as that's how they make a living'. For somebody who didn't have a bad bone in her body, she had nothing good to say for yet another permanently sniffing media type.

She started her latest fundraising recently. It's what she does, tries to actually help people. She died this morning of cancer, having not said a word to anybody outside her closest family, as she didn't want people to feel guilted into giving money they couldn't afford. It's her birthday next week, just under a fortnight after mine.

She achieved more over her lifetime than JM has done with half a million people paying her attention. She hadn't made a living of hundreds of thousands of pounds out of centring things around how she was pregnant, vulnerable and escaped neglect and abuse as a genuinely tiny and malnourished teenage girl. She got a job, she did it well, she improved her qualifications and she worked bloody hard to make it possible to not just improve the world for a few people, but for thousands. Without ever begging for money and attention, never being a bleep to others, never wanging on about how she'd managed to get from a shithole to a lovely house, just being herself.

I'm sad, obviously. It hurts that she's not around making the world that little bit nicer tonight. But her impact on other people's lives was huge.

My most recent memory of her was when somebody gave her a JM book. She was her usual lovely self, very appreciative and grateful for the kind gift. When I went into the kitchen after her friend had left, I found that my lovely, sweet, caring sister who genuinely had done so much for others and would never say a harsh word to anybody had taken that book, still half wrapped - and planted it squarely in the kitchen bin.
My condolences @TheDragonWithAFlagon xx

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I know it's a new.thread time and I know it's tradition to have the most liked thread nominations etc..

But we really should have a thread to commemorate the VBI Anniversary..

Jack Monroe #466: Happy VBI Day!
Or something..

Break out the cakes and party canons.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Maligators!

A woman I see out walking has a couple of them. They do two six-mile walks a day and both do dog sports so they can use their brains. Dogs are awesome; I also see a beautiful bloodhound quite often who can track a scent that's almost a month old. She's never been taught how to do it, she just knows.

Thankfully, the goldendoodles I see about are all healthy, well-exercised and clipped appropriately.
Cant beat a Maligator. I love mine to bits and she’ll retire with me (im not far behind).

Whenever you read something that dog has eaten someone etc, it pisses me off that the dog is blamed. Mallis are headstrong anyway but it's down to training and knowing whos boss. I have a 9 year old she rolls around on the floor with. Never even questioned his safety as she knows who the boss is.

ANY dog can be dangerous. All down to the training. And herself going on about Content being too zoomy……..its called training

Genuinely wish I could post a picture of mine on my little ones bed. They are such a misunderstood breed

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I am a better lesbian Jack and:
1. I am a man.
2. I’ve had more pricks than a second hand dartboard.
I'm a better lesbian than Jack and the only lezzie experience was a drunken snog at 17. The last 35 years its been dick all the way!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Apologies if this has been covered but Jack has now allowed a tips jar thing on her Twitter page.
Absolutely fuckin shameless.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
My sister had her first child aged 17. Once she escaped the abusive house we all grew up in, she got married and they bought a tiny house when she got a part time job at the job centre. She helped tens of thousands of people to claim benefits and access training there. After she had been promoted a few times, she began training staff specifically in ways to help people. She then went on to help build a network of (not private sector) training networks to increase levels of literacy and numeracy - the reason why people can get free qualifications in Literacy and Numeracy, as well as GCSEs as adults is due to her hard work campaigning out of the public eye with others who felt the same, that people needed more than just money, they needed actual skills and qualifications to be able to have better lives.

Her house was lovely and very slowly went from bare essentials to beautiful items all carefully chosen and saved for. In her spare time, she'd raise money for assorted charities. Interestingly, she had no time at all for the people who earned money from wailing on TV as they weren't doing the actual work but were picking up thousands of pounds to stick up their noses spend on pretty much the tit that politicians would claim the benefits claimants were going to spend their money on. A suggestion of raising funds for TT was met with a 'rather not, it won't get to the people who need it and it's in their interests that nothing changes, as that's how they make a living'. For somebody who didn't have a bad bone in her body, she had nothing good to say for yet another permanently sniffing media type.

She started her latest fundraising recently. It's what she does, tries to actually help people. She died this morning of cancer, having not said a word to anybody outside her closest family, as she didn't want people to feel guilted into giving money they couldn't afford. It's her birthday next week, just under a fortnight after mine.

She achieved more over her lifetime than JM has done with half a million people paying her attention. She hadn't made a living of hundreds of thousands of pounds out of centring things around how she was pregnant, vulnerable and escaped neglect and abuse as a genuinely tiny and malnourished teenage girl. She got a job, she did it well, she improved her qualifications and she worked bloody hard to make it possible to not just improve the world for a few people, but for thousands. Without ever begging for money and attention, never being a bleep to others, never wanging on about how she'd managed to get from a shithole to a lovely house, just being herself.

I'm sad, obviously. It hurts that she's not around making the world that little bit nicer tonight. But her impact on other people's lives was huge.

My most recent memory of her was when somebody gave her a JM book. She was her usual lovely self, very appreciative and grateful for the kind gift. When I went into the kitchen after her friend had left, I found that my lovely, sweet, caring sister who genuinely had done so much for others and would never say a harsh word to anybody had taken that book, still half wrapped - and planted it squarely in the kitchen bin.
I’m sorry for your loss. Sending hugs to you and your loved ones.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
I'm a better lesbian than Jack and the only lezzie experience was a drunken snog at 17. The last 35 years its been dick all the way!
I’m a better lesbian than Jack, I’ve only had 5 women including my wife, no men - but I have a Willy does that count.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Anyone on legacy benefits can choose to switch to the Uc+uplift option but most choose not to as legacy options were generally extremely generous vs the new regime
Yes, my eldest lost 160 a month when they had to change over (sdp 67pw was replaced by the "transitional protection" of 120pcm, and that is eroded further with every annual increase)

• Sad
Reactions: 21
We're away for a weekend sans-child and the hotel bed has a mattress that feels like sofa cushions, the discovery of which made me rant to Mr Owl about Jack's stupid stupid sleeping on her sofa. He's now gone to sleep so he doesn't have to listen to me anymore but I can't stop thinking about how stupid it all is - just buy a bed, Jack!

@TheDragonWithAFlagon my condolences dear heart - your sister sounds like the very best ♥

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Guessing no one was allowed to sleep on the one she uses as a bed then. That would fit 3-4 comfortably.
I bet it stinks. No sheets and that skanky ho sleeping on it 24/7. Boak.🤢

Sorry, its my birthday weekend. I've been out and a bit pissed on 🍾 and 🦉 all over 🙃 and that money grubbing fuxker gets in my tits. Get in the bin twatface. Stop being a parasite on societies most vulnerable you fucker.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I'm struggling to see how she would win this case.

1) She did not send a lawyer's letter to 30p immediately after identifying the comments as being libellous
2) She drew attention to the video by tweeting about it and therefore amplifying it
3) She subsequently continued to draw attention to it by tweeting (more than once) about the increased views it was getting
4) She left it at least 4 months before starting any proceedings (confirmed by 30p saying he'd had no letter back in September 2022)
5) She has continued to delete many tweets on her timeline despite that being a major sticking point in the KH case, addressed by the judge
6) She tweeted that 30p could continue to "tit himself in public" due to her delayed legal action
7) She has asked people to 'buy' a book for food banks by sending the full RRP to her personal paypal account despite her being able to purchase author copies at up to 50% discount
8) She also crowdfunded for copies of her book to be donated to food banks
9) The royalties from the above mentioned books will be paid to her i.e. making a profit off food bank users

You can have the above for free, 30p Lee even though you're a twit.

She dines out on the Katie Hopkins win despite the fact that it was an open and shut case. Even I could have won that case for her after studying libel law for less than a week.

I wonder if Mark 'My Jewish lawyer' Lewis is representing her this time? Seems like he's getting all up in her niche these days #puddles

p.s. Mark, she sleeps on the sofa but I don;t think she's mentioned it x

View attachment 1898002
I'm fairly sure a squig asked Jack if she would drop legal charges if Anderson/Daubney made a charitable donation and deleted the video. Jack said it had gone too far for that and would pursue the legal route.
Comments like that wouldn't help her would they? I've no idea tbh.
Must try to find what she said.

• Wow
Reactions: 37
Right… who mentioned the heavenly butter regime?
Jack maybe relegated to bloggers but this canal should be promoted to #Influencers
Step 1: Hot toast, spread butter let it melt
Step 2: Leave it go a little cold
Step 3: Spread a thick layer of butter on top of the melted layer 😋😋😋
(Optional: after tasting double butter on homemade soda bread and thus doubling your chances for a coronary artery bypass before you’re 40… thick layer of jam 🍞🫐)

I allow myself one small slice of soda bread a week (20% stomach does not like bread even though I’d live on it) and you have all elevated it to taste like an angel pissing on your tongue. Chapeau dear hearts 🎩 consider me influenced x

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Right… who mentioned the heavenly butter regime?
Jack maybe relegated to bloggers but this canal should be promoted to #Influencers
Step 1: Hot toast, spread butter let it melt
Step 2: Leave it go a little cold
Step 3: Spread a thick layer of butter on top of the melted layer 😋😋😋
(Optional: after tasting double butter on homemade soda bread and thus doubling your chances for a coronary artery bypass before you’re 40… thick layer of jam 🍞🫐)

I allow myself one small slice of soda bread a week (20% stomach does not like bread even though I’d live on it) and you have all elevated it to taste like an angel pissing on your tongue. Chapeau dear hearts 🎩 consider me influenced x
I love this, I love your influencing, and this is why I love Tattle!

Seeing an iconic Dutch expression used here. You are an angle een engel Shuggsy B!

50806DD5-5BF2-4640-BFC0-22B73D6F4D3D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 30

What an incredible lady.

So sorry for your loss, thoughts are with you. x

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.