Jack Monroe #463 Is she on the game for Farrow & Ball?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It reminds me of the time she posted the thrifty tip of making her own disgusting fizzy drinks.

Then put them in Fentiman’s bottles.
Remember the time she pitched no-alcohol whiskey-flavoured kombucha to Spencer Matthews? While presenting herself as some kind of sober hero? And all that time, she now says, she was actually downing a bottle and a half of whiskey per day. Makes me so, so mad tbh. Yes (re)lapses are common but, you know, most people suffering from them don't go on a stage the size of Glastonbury (and are featured in the Guardian) to yell about how completely sober they are - and giving advice to other people suffering the same addiction - whilst simultaneously downing more booze than Lemmy. Such disgusting behaviour.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 87
Remember the time she pitched no-alcohol whiskey-flavoured kombucha to Spencer Matthews? While presenting herself as some kind of sober hero? And all that time, she now says, she was actually downing a bottle and a half of whiskey per day. Makes me so, so mad tbh. Yes (re)lapses are common but, you know, most people suffering from them don't go on a stage the size of Glastonbury (and are featured in the Guardian) to yell about how completely sober they are - and giving advice to other people suffering the same addiction - whilst simultaneously downing more booze than Lemmy. Such disgusting behaviour.
And we were calling it out and she labelled us unlovable conspiracy wankers.

• Heart
Reactions: 67
While I'm here, re. this -

Screenshot 2023-01-18 at 07.32.22.png

The tweet she's responding to is the first of a 20-tweet thread about this guy tracking down the original sofa, and eventually finding part of it in Debbie Greenwood's house (the rest of it seems to have been scrapped or given away in Children in Need auctions). Lots of insiders from the BBC at that time (the 1980s), helped him with his search. Jack pops up to answer the first tweet of the thread with a basic (wrong) answer, as though the OP wouldn't have known something so simple, as though just waiting for Jack to pop by and say OH I CAN SOLVE THIS FOR YOU. She's so dense yet such a know-it-all, she just can't help herself.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 113

View attachment 1891239

The tweet she's responding to is the first of a 20-tweet thread about this guy tracking down the original sofa, and eventually finding part of it in Debbie Greenwood's house (the rest of it seems to have been scrapped or given away in Children in Need auctions). Lots of insiders from the BBC at that time (the 1980s), helped him with his search. Jack pops up to answer the first tweet of the thread with a basic (wrong) answer, as though the OP wouldn't have known something so simple, as though just waiting for Jack to pop by and say OH I CAN SOLVE THIS FOR YOU. She's so dense yet such a know-it-all, she just can't help herself.
Cringe isn't it! Read the bloody thread you twit.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
So how does she square all that deception with 'I'm autistic and therefore cannot lie'?
It's such a wierd thing to proclaim when you know you are lying on a daily basis?

Reactions: 46
Her Patreons should take a long hard look at themselves. They’re not funding ‘her work’ but supporting a self confessed drug and alcohol addict. All that free money pouring each month means she has no incentive to do any real work. Her dreary existence is just based on Twitter likes for whatever drivel she posts.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
She has an almost anti-influencer effect in that she puts me off most things she raves about or selfies with. I used to like the Strawberry Thief pattern, FFS! Now every time I see it I’ll think “Eww her curtains!”
Big mistake that bag company. Nothing about her is aspirational and I'd never want to spend my money on something that I know is being given away for free. If I discovered I had the same anything as her I'd be having an image overhaul pronto. Maybe there was a handy hidden inner pouch for your 40 trammies.

Reactions: 26
It's the arrogance that is my aneurysm. She has such confidence and ego to spout such nonsense and feels she gets away with it. I think she's genuinely astounded when people call her out, like we should be grateful of her Twitter presence. She disgusts me as a human being.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
View attachment 1891151

Is this a new marketing strategy for the failed slop book? It's a novel one, getting your sad sack fans to post their own manky quilt covers in a bid to get sales up into at least the 3000s I'll give them that.

Or this oddball just decided to do this themselves which is even sadder. I could honestly cringe for these
I w
View attachment 1891151

Is this a new marketing strategy for the failed slop book? It's a novel one, getting your sad sack fans to post their own manky quilt covers in a bid to get sales up into at least the 3000s I'll give them that.

Or this oddball just decided to do this themselves which is even sadder. I could honestly cringe for these weirdos.
Seriously the slop isn't something my cat would eat and he's ravenous all the time because he's on steroids for an autoimmune disease.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

View attachment 1891239

I think she just did it to piggy back some likes off a viral thread. Her own engagement is so dire these days

• Heart
Reactions: 40
What pickles my radish about her recommendation for hot chocolate and honey for someone with a cough is that hot chocolate is not really the best then, if it has sugar in the mix and is milky (the latter causing more phlem, the sugar causing dehydration in the throat). It's probably not the worst you can drink, but typical of Jack Monroe do do a 'yes, absolutely' type reply, crowning herself the expert of food and drink.

Reactions: 50
YO Jack. You VAT registered? Submitted your returns? Got your self-assessment ready?

HMRC audits hurt far more than movíng house for the umpteenth time.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
When you spend an entire thread crying with laughter. Frauen, I salute you all from page 15 or so onwards. Made my day month.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I was gonna do it but wondered if title would be ok, it wins hands down and I cba to find the next possible title. Any views on this ninnies/mods?

Reactions: 18
I was gonna do it but wondered if title would be ok, it wins hands down and I cba to find the next possible title. Any views on this ninnies/mods?
No swears! So it would have to jut be 'twitter isn't compulsory' I think.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.