Jack Monroe #463 Is she on the game for Farrow & Ball?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know and sadly we’ll never know the answer so all of this is just mithering but I just can’t see that as being true for her? Like the days of brands gifting enough tit out to see what sticks and praying for any ROI are long gone, she’s not aspirational/doesn’t create any content for Insta or TikTok/doesn’t have that large a following and no1 wants her crusty demog/I know this sounds horrible but really doesn’t have the look or interiors to even warrant gifting in exchange for just creative for them to use??

Like I honestly think she buys all this tat herself and pretends like it’s brand or friend gifted which is really sad. I’m not saying I’m right just I can’t personally see any other situation than her being a big spender and her dad finally sorting her finances out after she owed HMRC ££££££.
I have less than five hundred followers and have been gifted things a couple of times from a big company and a small business that I’d been a good customer of and shared a few decent pictures of using their hashtags and tagging them on insta. One was even a pre-release item.

Reactions: 20
There's not just one foyer at Media City. The BBC has more than one building. The foyer for the studios has never had a red leather sofa in it, neither does the building where the BBC Breakfast is filmed, nor the BBC Sports buildings.

Salford residents can get free tours around the buildings...I've done it more than once. No sofas in any foyers, so no Jack, you don't remember correctly.

Does she not think that someone that works there may have noticed it if that where it were. Or if they hadn't noticed it, one of the work colleagues might have seen it. But no, Jack who lives 300 miles away thinks she knows better than those that work there.

head.
🚨 @MancBee is riled, folks 😳🚨

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
@That Forensic Man its maybe already accounted for but Jack’s hospital bed photo with the Tiggy & Bo bag in it.
£95
Ooh good spot. @That Forensic Man - is this on the list?

View attachment 1890249
Thankyou tender ones, we had it down as £0 because Jack claimed it was a freebie, now updated

£0 Tiggy & Bo green leapord shoulder bag (freebie, to put things in)
£95 Tiggy & Bo tote aqua + marine leo (green leapord shoulder bag) ('freebie', to put things in) ✍

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Imagine going to hospital with an ouchy shoulder so bad you take a huge £95 bag full of crap, and take photos with what clearly isn't a Nokia 3210

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I had no idea those bags were so expensive! They look like something from primark! A hundred quid!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
Screenshot_20230118-053319.png

Is this a new marketing strategy for the failed slop book? It's a novel one, getting your sad sack fans to post their own manky quilt covers in a bid to get sales up into at least the 3000s I'll give them that.

Or this oddball just decided to do this themselves which is even sadder. I could honestly cringe for these weirdos.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 73
Is this a new marketing strategy for the failed slop book? It's a novel one, getting your sad sack fans to post their own manky quilt covers in a bid to get sales up into at least the 3000s I'll give them that.

Or this oddball just decided to do this themselves which is even sadder. I could honestly cringe for these weirdos.
181FE7B1-49D5-4C63-8829-C339E9029C4B.jpeg

Norbert says I’m going to sit on this to save you from yourself. FREE NORBERT!!! 🐱❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
I’ve said before but I don’t think we should underestimate how much stuff she does get given. I follow some pretty low level instagrammers who have really very little Twitter coverage and nothing at all in papers/telly etc who get sent absolutely loads of stuff. It’s just that Jackie either doesn’t declare them or doesn’t promote them - doesn’t even do a ‘I was sent this for free but am under no obligation to mention it or write about it’ that I see a lot.
I very vaguely know someone who has ~17,400 followers on Instagram and she gets gifted a shitload of stuff (and very rarely, if ever, actually calls her posts about it an ad).

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh my lovely... I have been living with arthritis for the last 30+ years (diagnosed shockingly early in life). I've worked full time all the way through, dealing with disabling bad back while running a business, taking codeine every 4 hours when it was really bad. Running a multi million pound business while in serious pain, never used it for a poor me give me a break situation.
We are all *different*, we all react to pain and stuff in a different way and that's ok - I would never, ever judge because I am me, and cannot speak for anybody else.
However - Jack can go to the absolute duck. If she's truly disabled, fair enough. Apply for the relevant help and SHUT.THE.duck.UP about how ouchy you are. Don't use it as an excuse, mate, it doesn't wash. There are plenty more people out there in real situations that need help, and try to get on the best they can.
Sorry, but this truly makes me see red. Cheating, lying, tricksy, false, grifting, despicable tosser.
I’m so sorry for your experience. Arthritis Jack is my aneurysm too because as I’ve ranted about before and many of us have proved today, and as with most ofwhat comes out of her, it’s so easily proven as a lie.

My 12 year old is on her third biologic (tocilizumab), has been on methotrexate six years, used to take daily naproxen but it screwed with her stomach despite daily omeprazole (which made her lactose intolerant and caused her to get cdiff). She has damage to the lens of her eyes from steroids (ironically given initially to tackle uveitis). She has had dozens of MRIs, and countless bloods. We’ve had great consultants, terrible consultants…across rheumatology and about seven other specialties. Jack could never go through what she or anyone else here has and not go into all the detail we have about what it’s really like, she is a chronic oversharer and attention seeker.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
I very vaguely know someone who has ~17,400 followers on Instagram and she gets gifted a shitload of stuff (and very rarely, if ever, actually calls her posts about it an ad).
I actually cannot fathom how much stuff Jack must actually get sent ~~slight merail but I have a fairly small YouTube channel 🍉 and even I get sent stuff! But it’s literally not difficult to type ad or click the paid promotion button 🙄🙄
ETA - fixed typo

Reactions: 37
I am a student pharmacist frau and tbh, alcohol interacts with most medications. However, it’s especially dangerous to take any NSAIDs with alcohol, it massively increases yoir risk of gastric bleeding. Naproxen is one of the harsher NSAIDs when it comes to doing damage to your stomach though.

ETA I agree with what everyone is saying about Jacks arthritis medication as well btw, what she has described is not the standard treatment for arthritis at all.
As I can attest to having sat in HDU watching my daughter vomit blood. And the kids get alcohol and pregnancy advice on methotrexate long before they are of age. And a flare isn’t a week of rest and people not being meanies, it’s months (18 months in daughter’s current flare) of consultations and medication adjustments. Jack is such a lying mare but lacks the skills.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
Was her whiskey jack daniels. I bet it was because i think she is so self absorbed she would only drink something assciotated with her name?! Honestly that chocolate looks awful. It looks like a sample taken from the polluted part of south end pier. Why is she ao unpleasant all of the time. I thought she was being nice and that we should try it sometime.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Anybody in the know knows that Aldi’s instant hot chocolate is 😘.

Unfortunately for Jack, Aldi isn’t in her walking radius. She’s also missing out on Instagram’s latest craze of protein mousses. Sad given that she’s a gym bunny that can probably not bench press the Queen Consort.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.