Jack Monroe #463 Is she on the game for Farrow & Ball?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Going to send this tweet to my boss next time I have a chronic illness flare.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Don’t think the courts would give a flying duck if you’re ill and miss a deadline… you’ve MISSED THE DEADLINE.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Ninnies, I spent part of my morning catching up on the weekend papers. The travel section in the local paper which is too cheap to pay freelancers has a feature called "reader postcards", where people write about their holidays. I nearly fell out of my chair when I started reading this week's installment and discovered that it was about.....Gianna in Lecce!!

Gianna has a company called Cooking Experience and runs a one-day cooking class for tourists, in English. The author and his wife signed up and had a lovely day at the local market and then making a meal in Gianna's kitchen. The author says "If you are ever in the Puglia region I highly recommend that you look up Gianna in Lecce. You won't be disappointed."

He mentions in passing that he and his wife were in Italy on a cycling holiday, and found Gianna while they were there by Googling "cooking classes in Puglia". I'm absolutely sure that Jack has also been in Gianna's kitchen herself, and didn't make her recommendation to the squigs just from something she Googled. But isn't it nice to know that others have enjoyed Gianna's hospitality too?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Whinge whinge whinge anyway did anyone else love the last paragraph of that FT article? Pilita and the FT are telling you to get a real job cos you are doomed!

12F1D877-FBDC-40FD-95EB-FD33E3B7AF83.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
God she was the kid at primary who simultaneously was spiteful to everyone and then ran off telling tales about people being mean to her, wasn't she?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104
If we didn’t already know she’s lonely and virtually friendless IRL, this is the clincher, isn’t it? Because for us mostly normal people, the last place we’d go if we were feeling crappy would be bloody Twitter. We’d have a little whinge to our family and whichever friends we were chatting with; we’d tell our boss; if we were actively talking to anyone else through whatever medium we’d probably mention feeling a bit crap (like I’ve done here today). But whinge on Twitter about it? lol nah.

Again, would feel bad/sorry for her if she hadn’t grifted “up to £350,000 last year” - but she did so I don’t feel bad for her.

Edit - Oh I am facepalming over here, I’ve only just clocked that as ever she’s lying and she’s not actually feeling crappy 🤦‍♀️ she’s just doing it for attention/pity. That she ain’t getting off me.

• Heart
Reactions: 95
Just pondering, if she wasn't on Twitter, I would literally have no idea what she was doing, or her attempts at work, or indeed who she is. What would be typical activities of campaigners with her reach?
Maintaining ogoing links with charities
Semi-regular public appearances, both local and national
Regular writing for blogs or local/national newspapers
Attracting publicity for initiatives she's actually organised and got off the ground
TV appearances that don't involve oxymoronic dense and liquid food, and actually cover her work because it's worthy of broadcast and support

Twitter is a handy tool for appearing to be busy. But I can't identify an iota of value or indeed, output, in her 120-working-hour week.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
Just pondering, if she wasn't on Twitter, I would literally have no idea what she was doing, or her attempts at work, or indeed who she is. What would be typical activities of campaigners with her reach?
Attracting publicity for initiatives she's actually organised and got off the ground
TV appearances that don't involve oxymoronic dense and liquid food, and actually cover her work because it's worthy of broadcast and support

Twitter is a handy tool for appearing to be busy. But I can't identify an iota of value or indeed, output, in her 120-working-hour week.
Leggy manages to do 4 out of those 5 things and doesn't even consider "campaigner" to be part of her primary job description. Olia Hercules, who is an even better comparator, does plenty of all 5.

In the last three months, Jack has done... none of them. You'd have to search back almost 12 months to the VBI to see any active campaigning work that she's done, and even that was left hanging in midair after the initial rush of excitement wore off. She's useless.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
My dad was /is a superb pianist but he never considered trying to teach me.
I had lessons (half an hour a time) until I was 16 and couldn't bear to be so "uncool". Future me would tell teenage me not to be so bloody stupid.
I also had ballet lessons. Am I Jack?
I feel your pain, my dad is a natural musician who can play by ear, self taught bass, guitar, piano, violin, saxophone, trumpet, clarinet. I had various attempts at learning guitar throughout my life but never excelled beyond chord progressions and a few easy riffs. Used to be a bit awkward in his shadow when people clocked he was my dad and expected me to be some kind of musical prodigy.

Surprised Jack hasn't gone the whole hog and claimed she has Synesthesia to tie in with her colour coding post.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
At what point does she realise that she's the author of her own misfortune?*

99% of her output on twitter is not needed. As has been said many, many times, no one needs to know the colour of her walls or whether she's moved her office, etc.A, it's unbelievably dull but B, also, completely pointless.

Her need for attention, but also to control the narrative literally runs ramshod through everything, but you can't control what other people think if you. You also can't assume that people view things in the same way as you and that everyone willl agree with you. And you can't scream IM NOT WELL to everyone who questions statements you have made. All you can control is how you behave. Just don't bloody post it in the first place.

The patreon and tip jar performance is frankly disgusting. Stop the excuses, which are what all these statements are. Pause the Patreon and stop the PayPal begs. Refund the money. Learn from these colossal mistakes.

*never.

• Heart
Reactions: 87

If you think about another blogger turned campaigner - Anna Whitehouse (Mother Pukka) - you know what the campaign is - Flex Appeal (flexible working) - and you know how to get involved, mission aims, triumphs, etc. It’s clear. There aren’t any (that I’ve seen) personal PayPal addresses provided to support legal campaigns, etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
This is what infuriates me. Many, many of us suffer with pain and disability, hidden or not. Why then the constant reminder of being ‘vulnerable’
What about arthritis pain makes her vulnerable? Why so special? Maybe have a lie down on the sofa (do you know she sleeps there?) and stop lugging your boxes and sideboards about, I dunno 🤷‍♀️
I had an arthritis flare today. You know what I did? Got out of my bed at 6:30am, dug my car out of the snow and went to work. Stop linking disability with being a feckless workshy wastrel.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 121
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.