Jack Monroe #462 Tectonic plates make less fuss about moving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The gun lie gives me so much more cringe than any of the other untruths that spill from her gob.

Just imagining the dressing down she got from Big Dave MBE is enough to make my insides curdle.
And for what? Just so she could post a photo of herself looking like a twit straddling a massive gun.

I'm obviously thankful because of the hilarity which ensued, but it's so funny that she posted that photo, obviously thinking she's the dog's bollocks.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Can we all play best one line in a song ever?

Survived nine lives of staying high
Conning, jewelry-pawning, arrests, theft
Womanizing, only..

The Roots - Return to Innocence Lost.

I’ve never listened to it. I googled ‘song lyrics about….’

It’s a BANGER.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
And also, could a frau who has the pics from the book look this one up, please?
Once again, browsing the #JackMonroe on Instagram. This is from the page of Patricia Niven, the photographer.
does the Green and Blacks cocoa (top right)make it into the final pic in the book?? And how does that compare to the thrifty recipe?
View attachment 1886431
Screenshot_20230116-083055-01.jpeg

Here's the recipe.
Looks rubbish to me, I'd rather just use the marmalade on toast than faff about..

The photo is on the page opposite, I don't have a clear photo of it, looks very similar but slight different angle.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Bright Blue report up. Lists the contributors but doesn’t give any details of expertise nor any other relevant info so won’t link it. No doubt Jack is contacting them now asking where “Dr x2” is given Dr Abigail McKnight is listed as such. 🤣

1F638F7D-D45A-4395-AD35-E3AC13DACCEB.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I think it coincided with the George Floyd murder. She made a lot of breathing comments after that happened 😔
That's horrible - but also a bit of a relief. I was worried it might have been a spillover from some real-life gaslighting of SB, who may well have been petrified when she was out cold like that.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
View attachment 1886526

Here's the recipe.
Looks rubbish to me, I'd rather just use the marmalade on toast than faff about..

The photo is on the page opposite, I don't have a clear photo of it, looks very similar but slight different angle.
These recipes hurt my head. What the hell does it mean to “weigh the baking spread into a bowl”?
You’ve already weighed it - that is already specified in the ingredients (for once). Surely you just put it on the bowl?!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Can we all play best one line in a song ever?

Survived nine lives of staying high
Conning, jewelry-pawning, arrests, theft
Womanizing, only..

The Roots - Return to Innocence Lost.

I’ve never listened to it. I googled ‘song lyrics about….’

It’s a BANGER.
Off topic but that album is indeed a BANGER

Reactions: 11
Bright Blue report up. Lists the contributors but doesn’t give any details of expertise or any other relevant info so won’t link it. No doubt Jack is contacting them now asking where Dr x2 is given Dr Abigail McKnight is listed as such. 🤣

View attachment 1886533
Finally - it was a bit weird for them to have been all over the press yesterday, but with nothing on their website.

I also noticed that she's been part of one of their commissions before - 'Shaky Foundations', from March 2021. I've not found the final report yet, so don't know how much input she actually had.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Anyhoo, is this Jack saying she's going to vote Tory?

View attachment 1886531

View attachment 1886532
This is just the best example of what a muddled thinker she is. You can either be a person who is moderate and aims for cross party collaboration to get things done (like someone like Jo Cox), or you can be a firebrand calling for revolution and massive systemic overhaul. And you can grow, develop and change your mind from one to the other, that’s fine. But Jack has been tweeting about rioting and shoplifting and capitalist hellpigs while contributing to this piece of tit report and stanning the monarchy. The lefty shitposters are onto her but the fact that so many people are blind to her utter hypocrisy and political illiteracy infuriates me.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Any time I see that pic of her straddling that gun (Paging Dr Freud) I can't help but think that Linda Hamilton must be actual pishing herself laughing.
1673858702438.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Thank you, dear owly. This is what I suspected.
Nothing says thrift like G&B organic cocoa, eh?
Thrifty for thee, but not for me

ETA: the photoshopping proves that someone had their eye on this sort of stuff, and yet no one bothered to look at how crappy the recipes and tips are.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
That's horrible - but also a bit of a relief. I was worried it might have been a spillover from some real-life gaslighting of SB, who may well have been petrified when she was out cold like that.
She did tell a story about how SB couldn't wake her up and thought she was dead, a couple of years ago. She seemed to think it was a nice family anecdote (it was a learning opportunity as she quizzed him what he'd do if she wasn't breathing) and loads of the squigs responded, saying 'that's so sweet'. Like you literally thought you were going out of your mind reading their responses because it was clearly so horribly worrying.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 70
Who measures flour in tablespoons? 8? What is that? 90g? 100g? Just give it in grams, ffs.
That’ll be from where she stole the recipe. Prob an American recipe with cups/tbsps. And then she combined it with another recipe that uses grams. She’s a dick.

Reactions: 37
What does this mean? 😳 Could someone explain to me like I'm a simple person? (I am a simple person)
When Elon Musk took over Twitter, he decided to add an option allowing anyone to have the coveted blue tick. Jack subscribed and paid for her new tick but seems to have been able to revert to the original. Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: 10
Shall I do a new thread, lads?

This has the most votes by a long shot but not sure it meets the guidelines??
9A2E4716-3378-4075-A756-92CB2F98C207.png

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Bright Blue report up. Lists the contributors but doesn’t give any details of expertise nor any other relevant info so won’t link it. No doubt Jack is contacting them now asking where “Dr x2” is given Dr Abigail McKnight is listed as such. 🤣

View attachment 1886533
IIRC she tweeted asking for requests for her to bring up, stating she’d already written “eight pages of notes (both sides)“ at which I unalived as my head fell off from too much laughing.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.