Jack Monroe #459 That westboro baptist church penis wig will haunt her forever

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With her collection of police procedurals, not only is she inviting the odd stalker into her garden on the pretence of ‘but library’ , she’s providing them with manuals.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Speaking of shame Jack's weird and creepy therapist chum (not Carole) has locked his account and might have done a spot of deleting as the Tweet count on the front page seems lower.
Has her tweet to him been deleted too? I can't see it on her timeline any more.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
There was a slight worry that notoriety and curiosity might increase sales - but no, it has tanked. Embarrassingly.
Harold must be so relieved his name was removed from it 😂
Did it even trouble the top 100 at any point?
I think it hit 85 at one point?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
She’s awake!
This is why it’s so exhausting following the Kack Monroe saga. If you want to keep up in real time, and ideally you do as it’s such a gripping real life drama, you have to keep the hours that she does. Which aren’t really suitable if you’re a grown up with a job and/or kids.
ETA I was on the tube and have just come above ground to see the rather pleasing typo which I shall leave if the canal’s okay with that.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
That’s because they AREN’T giving any away until the publisher provides the WARNED! addendum
They are not giving away any of the printed copies in the current form. They had also agreed to distribute the free ebook, which I think is recipes only. They aren't advertising either at the moment. Maybe it is not too late for them to reconsider the whole idea.

Reactions: 22
Sorry, forgive my ignorance but what is the point of sending all those books to Jack who rarely promotes other peoples work. Wouldn't it be better to send them to say journalists and bloggers who are likely to do a review? Either it's all a big lie or I am a stupid idiot like Stephen.
It makes me wonder if Jack has just got a netgalley account and just makes out she's special when anyone can sign up...

• Haha
Reactions: 18
They are not giving away any of the printed copies in the current form. They had also agreed to distribute the free ebook, which I think is recipes only. They aren't advertising either at the moment. Maybe it is not too late for them to reconsider the whole idea.
I honestly don't know if they can back out now - how many people paid the full price in the expectation that a second book will be going to the foodbank, and what do they do about those people?

I do hope they're rethinking any other co-operations with Monroe after this, she's a disaster area.

Reactions: 35
Urg, being Jack’s neighbours in a building with communal areas would be a right nightmare. On the face of it the library thing sounds like a nice idea, but with Jack in charge it could turn into an utter ball ache. She’d leave all kind of PA twee instructive notes around the place on what to do with the books, get snippy if people donated anything by Nadine Dorres or Michael Portillo and throw a strop if anyone objected to it or if people just didn’t bother to use it.
Having lived in flats the neighbours often keep a keen eye on who comes and goes at times of day - they’d clock onto regular deliveries such as Deliveroo ❄

Reactions: 29
I searched Trussells website for details of the free ebook Jack is giving away, nothing.
Top of Trussells twitter feed is an item asking people to consider giving items that need less cooking time. They would do well to look at the cooking time needed by many of Jacks recipes and connect the dots.
Unfortunately, bookshop.org aren't being nearly so discerning - it's being advertised on a giant banner on their homepage:

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 12.37.02.png

And when you click through, they're still calling it a collab with TT:

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 12.37.37.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
There was a slight worry that notoriety and curiosity might increase sales - but no, it has tanked. Embarrassingly.
Harold must be so relieved his name was removed from it 😂
Did it even trouble the top 100 at any point?
Cause of BBC letting her be a speaking head she gained was it 150,000 twitter followers last year?

I suspect she was thinking the new followers would mean high sales

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I would love to see how.many of her over 550k Followers actually bothered to buy the book... 5%? 10%?

Doesn't seem many got it via Amazon.. The largest bookseller in the UK.. maybe all 550k bought it but from independent shops but their sales aren't included in any best sellers lists..
right Jack? Is that going to be the spin?

If it is, then Honk Honk.. Bloody clown.

• Haha
Looks like it's gone. Has she stopped following him as well because his followers have dropped down to one from the highs of three.
I normally don't believe any of the 'Jack is an evil puppet-master' theories, but with this one it really does feel like she either controls his account, or is co-ordinating with him behind the scenes, doesn't it?

And if she really does have control of an account in a living person's name, she should be booted off Twitter. But... why would she do that, when inventing someone would be just as easy and so much less risky?

I would love to see how.many of her over 550k Followers actually bothered to buy the book... 5%? 10%?

Doesn't seem many got it via Amazon.. The largest bookseller in the UK.. maybe all 550k bought it but from independent shops but their sales aren't included in any best sellers lists..
right Jack? Is that going to be the spin?

If it is, then Honk Honk.. Bloody clown.
Plus its the affiliated Amazon link she's been plugging the most. She's all for independents until the greedy goblin can grab more cash out of people's hands.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I feel like on day one or two it made low 90s? @Marmalade Atkins will know for definite!

Thank you guys for sharing those sales rankings tho, every time I see them I let out a nervous or evil giggle it’s just so bad 😂
It definitely reached 89 on Amazon after release. I think it went higher pre-publication but I deleted all the screenshots I'd been saving because it looked like a boring collection of nothing in my gallery and I'm a head.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.