Jack Monroe #459 That westboro baptist church penis wig will haunt her forever

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They are not giving away any of the printed copies in the current form. They had also agreed to distribute the free ebook, which I think is recipes only. They aren't advertising either at the moment. Maybe it is not too late for them to reconsider the whole idea.
Has anyone seen anyone promoting 30TMfL? Jack pushed it once on twitter, as did 8 or 9 other people (half of whom are known Jack-sceptics). And I can see it's been mentioned in a couple of "Feed your family for £20" groups on Facebook. But apart from that there seems to be.... nothing.

I know some of us were worried that we might accidentally turn it into a runaway success if we all downloaded it on release day. But it now seems as if it's been abandoned - and, as you said, TT have never mentioned it even though it was meant to have been downloadable from them too. I wonder if Jack will ever mention it again?

Reactions: 23
I normally don't believe any of the 'Jack is an evil puppet-master' theories, but with this one it really does feel like she either controls his account, or is co-ordinating with him behind the scenes, doesn't it?

And if she really does have control of an account in a living person's name, she should be booted off Twitter. But... why would she do that, when inventing someone would be just as easy and so much less risky?
They've definitely coordinated for him to lockdown and her to delete in the same time period. I wondered if she'd asked IRL people to set up Twitter accounts to support her. There is another absolute headcase that has Jack as his only follower who was attacking various anti-Jack accounts as well as a lot of unrelated people too.

• Wow
Reactions: 40
They've definitely coordinated for him to lockdown and her to delete in the same time period. I wondered if she'd asked IRL people to set up Twitter accounts to support her. There is another absolute headcase that has Jack as his only follower who was attacking various anti-Jack accounts as well as a lot of unrelated people too.
Remember the bit in Groundhog Day where Bill Murray says “What a waste of time!” re: the French poetry degree? That gif.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I would love to see how.many of her over 550k Followers actually bothered to buy the book... 5%? 10%?

Doesn't seem many got it via Amazon.. The largest bookseller in the UK.. maybe all 550k bought it but from independent shops but their sales aren't included in any best sellers lists..
right Jack? Is that going to be the spin?

If it is, then Honk Honk.. Bloody clown.
If even ONE percent of them bought her book it would be a Sunday times best seller. I think 5k is the usual success needed to get on there…

• Wow
Reactions: 27
If you search the 'counsellor' on twatter you can see jack's responses to him going back to early December '22.

All rather odd.

Reactions: 28
Has anyone seen anyone promoting 30TMfL? Jack pushed it once on twitter, as did 8 or 9 other people (half of whom are known Jack-sceptics). And I can see it's been mentioned in a couple of "Feed your family for £20" groups on Facebook. But apart from that there seems to be.... nothing.

I know some of us were worried that we might accidentally turn it into a runaway success if we all downloaded it on release day. But it now seems as if it's been abandoned - and, as you said, TT have never mentioned it even though it was meant to have been downloadable from them too. I wonder if Jack will ever mention it again?
I think Jack has the brass balls to continue to flog Thrifty Kitchen to food banks if Trussell will allow it. I have found a tweet by Bluebird saying the free ebook will be available from Trussell in January.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I had a horrible moment where I might actually do some work and accidentally ended up on an old thread through Google. Two things stood out immediately...

Do we remember this? A charity aimed at feeding the homeless asking people to donate to a celebrity, and her liking the Tweet instead of pointing out how ludicrous this was and asking them to delete it and promote their actual mission.

View attachment 1876438

View attachment 1876442

There are ALDIs and LIDLs all over the place, they are cheaper and pay their staff well. What is the point of targeting the big 4 and ignoring them? The majority of the main supermarkets stores are 'local' type which are differently priced and stocked anyway, ALDI and LIDL are consistent.

View attachment 1876448

I've known brothers called Edwin and Edmond, and (a different family) William and Liam (and their sister was Lydia). It's very strange. But yeah, why would anyone call her Jack? It's probably already been said but as usual, a quick Google shows her giving a different explanation in various interviews - ' She even chose the name Jack as a nod to “Jack of all trades”.'
If I remember correctly this charity told followers not to donate to someone for ‘reasons’ yet still promoted Jack. Makes you think.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I wondered that too. There has been a slight up tick of people saying they know her irl (uptick from 0) when we've spent the last few threads saying how friendless she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
The Regency Cook hasn't retweeted her endorsement of his account- only her message she @ him with. She's like the shady with meat of dubious origin admiring your dog.

And who is desperate enough to want Jack's second hand makeup. You can't even resell makeup on ebay for hygiene reasons.

Mod edit removed country

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
The Regency Cook hasn't retweeted her endorsement of his account- only her message she @ him with. She's like the shady Chinese with meat of dubious origin admiring your dog.

And who is desperate enough to want Jack's second hand makeup. You can't even resell makeup on ebay for hygiene reasons.
Im still waiting for all the blue tickers in the acknowledgement section to thank Jack for their mentions.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
He was totally the 3am phone call wasn’t he 😂
If he was, I NEED to know what's going on. Until this happened, I just thought he was someone who'd bought her bullshit and forgotten his professional standards but if they're on 3am chat terms then it rather begs the question- is he New Harold?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
It got to 85 first day, presumably preorders - think it was in the top 20 of cookbooks but I have also deleted as my phone was full.
(Meanwhile JO one pan was released back in Sept and consistently in the charts)

Reactions: 20
I have no experience creating new threads but it looks like “Foghorn Beghorn” might be the thread title winner, for anyone who wants to take the initiative?

I SHAN’T (can’t) because I’m TIRED (as expected from a night comforting a poorly toddler) 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Setting up a communal library in your own garden is a slightly odd thing to do if *checks notes* you've had stalkers in the past and currently feel so unsafe that you can't go out at night or attend events without a security guard. Makes you think.
It’s reet, she will be popping her stab vest on she bought for Glasto when she was asked to do a headliner at the festival ‘member. Jack is thinking man and woman’s crumpet. She’s got this covered.

I only hope she didn’t fashion her own protective vest out of some random tat she’s found round the house or it’ll be as useless as a T-shirt colander 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 18
If he was, I NEED to know what's going on. Until this happened, I just thought he was someone who'd bought her bullshit and forgotten his professional standards but if they're on 3am chat terms then it rather begs the question- is he New Harold?
Nah he’ll just be a mug she’s stringing along to make it look like she has friends/supporters who aren’t just weird Twitter stans. Though she didn’t do the greatest job separating the categories when she chose him.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.