Jack Monroe #459 That westboro baptist church penis wig will haunt her forever

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's no way she can have bought a new tweed jacket for 'about £14' unless she has access to a time machine with the dial set to the early 1970s. And, if she does, she should tweet about that because it'd be several billion times more interesting.
I got a tweed jacket for £15, but that was from Vinted.
she’s a knob

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Ireland Live have tested 3 recipes. I think the reviewer is trying to be polite but it's not looking particularly great.

View attachment 1873414

View attachment 1873415
So....

Apple Bircher - 'needs more texture'

Veg Peel Fritters - 'binding is definitely an issue with this recipe'

Risotto with Peas and Lettuce - ' the final product lacked a certain amount of joy. I ended up adding a whole lot of lemon, salt and pepper just to give it some flavour – something the dish was sorely lacking'

WELL IT ALL SOUNDS GREAT. I MUST RUSH TO THE SHOP TO BUY THIS BOOK AFTER SUCH A RAVE REVIEW.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 121
So Tattle is living rent free in Jacks head

1673434449563.png

But she's certainly not living rent free in cook book buyers :whistle:

1673434498810.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
Regarding the volume buying, there was a Twitter post earlier from a supposed makeup group JM was in on Facebook. She posted a photo of a massive haul of newly acquired lipsticks, allegedly from 2017 when she was running the Patreon. How the hell do people support this?

I'm new to this thread so hi and apols for just barging in. I'm one of the sad mugs who bought her tit and donated. I'm beyond angry with this.
Take a look at the wiki (pink button at the top), dear heart, and there you will see all the horrors she was up to on that makeup site!

• Heart
Reactions: 45
God that thing of her not actually promoting her actual recipes on social media is such a tell, isn't it? If you look at the feeds of Nigella, That Man, lovely Nadiya, Ruby Tandoh, etc it's recipes cooking baking recipes all the way down, with some occasional family / promo / charity stuff. Like: eyes on the prize, they know how to use social media, how to protect their personal life whilst being professional. I remember someone somewhere on the hellsite pointing out, re JM, that you can either use social media for messy personal stuff or you can use it for professional self-promotion and networking, but you can't do both.

Edit: have just looked at her IG and in fairness, there are more of the usual recipes/kitchen photos/etc there, but nothing recent which is VERY STRANGE for someone allegedly trying to sell their cookbook?

• Heart
Reactions: 81
So....

Apple Bircher - 'needs more texture'

Veg Peel Fritters - 'binding is definitely an issue with this recipe'

Risotto with Peas and Lettuce - ' the final product lacked a certain amount of joy. I ended up adding a whole lot of lemon, salt and pepper just to give it some flavour – something the dish was sorely lacking'

WELL IT ALL SOUNDS GREAT. I MUST RUSH TO THE SHOP TO BUY THIS BOOK AFTER SUCH A RAVE REVIEW.
Why in the name of suffering duck would anyone bother making apple bircher. If you're using a cookbook to make cereal of a morning when you can buy a tonne of cornflakes for half the price of a lottery ticket, then your sanity is probably a bigger issue than any financial hardship

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Her response would be pretty predictable if she was asked about volunteering at food banks I reckon, she’d claim to be softly, gently working behind the scenes because if she’s visible the terrible trolls will get the food bank shut down due to their anger at her pixie presence. Which would obviously be a lie, but one that’s almost impossible to disprove.
BIB - it would likely be quite straightforward, given the finite number of food banks in the town, versus the now quite possibly infinite amount of sick-to-the-back-teeth-of-Jack-Monroe’s-self-serving-bullshit-ness that is the predominant sentiment amongst the actual frontline volunteers. The Guardian bit seems to have completely killed whatever remaining goodwill or neutrality there might have been in Southend for her. Just a thought.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
Ireland Live have tested 3 recipes. I think the reviewer is trying to be polite but it's not looking particularly great.

View attachment 1873414

View attachment 1873415
This is the type of review that ultimately damages her. As much as Frau Andy's was funny, it was hardly unbiased. If I knew nothing of Jack, I might just discard his review. This poor Irish writer (haven't the Irish suffered enough???) has nothing positive to say, so I'd never buy the book based on this write up.

And 12 points go to Ireland. Chapeau.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 100

View attachment 1873414

View attachment 1873415
All the recipes tested (linky here https://web.archive.org/web/2023011...new-cookbook-thrifty-kitchen-to-the-test.html) have that perennial Monroe issue - changing multiple aspects of the method and ingredients in order to make it palatable. Not sure why the testers don’t make that more clear but it’s definitely mentioned by all of them. Plenty of people treat recipes as rules rather than guidelines, so it’s really concerning (but unsurprising) that none of these ones work if you follow the “rules”.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
And all the more baffling as on several occasions she has stated she volunteers in a foodbank on a weekly basis.
She likes to keep it on the DL though. So much so that the foodbank she volunteers at every Saturday doesn't even know.

• Haha
Reactions: 86
This is the type of review that ultimately damages her. As much as Frau Andy's was funny, it was hardly unbiased. If I knew nothing if Jack, I might just discard his review. This poor Irish writer (haven't the Irish suffered enough???) has nothing positive to say, so I'd never buy the book based on this write up.

And 12 points go to Ireland. Chapeau.
They're both damaging in different ways IMO. People like Frau Andy send the curious onlookers to Tattle, and serious reviewers get the people who'd never be on Tattle to think twice about buying her book.

Sort of unrelated, Freddie deBoer posted this essay the other day that I think is really good. It's long, but the gist is that a lot of the toxicity and rage online is coming from frustrated would-be creatives who think they deserve more from life than they're getting. I was thinking about it yesterday while catching up, and then @Lucy Aeroplane wrote about how Jack had been really desperate to get in with the Southend creative scene... makes you think.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I don't think the Ireland Live review reflects badly on Jack's recipes. 2 out of 3 recipes had a relatively good review with the veg peel fritters being described as delicious and the reviewer saying they will make them again. There was some minor criticism and tweak recommendations for that and the Bircher recipes but generally I thought the reviews were favourable. Even the risotto got a " It’s by no means a bad dish, but certainly not a memorable one" and that was the recipe most critically reviewed.

I wish Jack would just hurry up and move. We need a new chaos because coins in a bath and Tesco checked jackets simply aint doing it for me right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
BIB - it would likely be quite straightforward, given the finite number of food banks in the town, versus the now quite possibly infinite amount of sick-to-the-back-teeth-of-Jack-Monroe’s-self-serving-bullshit-ness that is the predominant sentiment amongst the actual frontline volunteers. The Guardian bit seems to have completely killed whatever remaining goodwill or neutrality there might have been in Southend for her. Just a thought.
But wouldn’t she just claim it wasn’t one that was directly local to her with a PA tweet like “Not all food banks are in Southend 😂” if that happened?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Regarding the volume buying, there was a Twitter post earlier from a supposed makeup group JM was in on Facebook. She posted a photo of a massive haul of newly acquired lipsticks, allegedly from 2017 when she was running the Patreon. How the hell do people support this?

I'm new to this thread so hi and apols for just barging in. I'm one of the sad mugs who bought her tit and donated. I'm beyond angry with this.
Lol your username. If you don’t mind me asking (and it’s not already been covered? Sorry have skipped 2 threads!!) - are you a post guardian article convert or did you know before?

If you’re able to/want to I’d suggest opening a PayPal claim or a patreon customer service ticket to try and reclaim the money because you donated to someone you’d been duped into believing was low income and struggling 😬 I honestly think the guardian article is gonna do her over cos any one requesting refunds can link to an interview with her published in the British press as evidence - she played herself w that one 🤡

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
Morning fraus! May I respectfully request that all talk of that “chicken porridge” is consigned to the past? Especially if photos are included. I was genuinely sick in my mouth reading the posts about it yesterday (admittedly I was already in bed with the flu) 🤢🤢🤢

And as I haven’t posted much recently, can I just reiterate what a funny, caring, knowledgeable, diverse group the frauen are 😍 Trolls you/we are not, but the lying grifting toot tooting spunkweasel of Thorpe Bay will never realise or accept that, because she is as thick as bleeping mince.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 67
She likes to keep it on the DL though. So much so that the foodbank she volunteers at every Saturday doesn't even know.
Well there is that 😂
She can't even spoof it convincingly can she. Never the occasional 'at the foodbank we're low on xyz this week, and other foodbanks have reported the same, so if you could donate it would be great thankyou'. But nothing.
The one actual reported sighting (apart from her labelled donations 😂) was when she embarrassingly patronised the aerotechical engineer - clever people use foodbanks too - who knew?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Man dad magazine appears to be some sort of weird fathers4justice style publication. Lots of tweets about false accusations and the usual ‘but women are violent too!’ Weird.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.