Jack Monroe #437 C U Next Wednesday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry this goes back to the last thread, but scoffed is a legitimate British English word, which she used correctly, she didn’t get the American word ‘scarfed’ wrong.
I never usually comment but of all the things to criticise Jack for, this isn’t one.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
In one interpretation she's an actual monster, in the other she's a head. Take your pick.
This 100%.

The quoted part, so many examples of this going back to her earliest public utterances. See also the horrible reminiscences she waxed lyrical about in his “obituary” after her grandad became DEAD, about him being a complete bleep to her mother while they both laughed and laughed about it.

15E23107-A799-48B5-9F79-D2ABB188A0FD.jpeg

If this is true, he’s a bleeping monster and she’s a complete bleeping head for thinking AS AN ADULT that this is acceptable behaviour and something about which to fondly reminisce in a public post.

If it’s not true, she’s a complete bleeping monster for making it up and posting it.

If it is true, the apple really didn’t fall very far from DEAD slumlord grandad’s tree, did it?

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 75
I asked a couple of friends who are into watches about Jack's Breitling comments. Their opinion seems to be that they tend to be bigger and blingier than anything else in any given price bracket, and are anything but "less crass" than a Rolex or Omega.

"fine if you're wanting to make a very loud statement, but you wouldn't want it to be your only watch" was one comment. Sounds like they might go well with her humiliating trousers, tbh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
First time posting after watching from the sidelines for a wee while but holy duck, the way she speaks is SO weird?? Overly descriptive for no reason. "The very large dog has come to check on me while I'm in the very large bed". Okay??? Also don't think anyone picked up on her whole "in (very old, large) bed" or whatever it was. Like WHY are you feeling the need to be so descriptive? Obviously she wants to hit home she's poor a lot of its down to that, but not all. It's like she's obsessed with her own life, and curating the exact version of it she likes via nonsensical self obsessed boring tweets? Regardless, yes if your child's that sick you don't tweet nonsense on twitter. And ofc after the 100th random occurance people's bullshitometers go up and don't go down.. "oh silly me my phone died after that massive attention seeking tweet" duck off 🥲🥲🥲
🙋‍♀️ I know this one! It's because she's lying.

It's just all tall tales bollocks innit. If you were watching in real life you'd be able to actually see her making it up as she goes along and pausing while she grasps around for the next bit of the story.

"And then the dog came in and... and... it's a VERY LARGE dog, like MASSIVE. HUGE. Anyway, and then, then, then, erm, because don't forget I didn't have the heating on actually I don't have any heating I sold the boiler for scrap, because, well anyway, so I was on the bed right and the massive dog came in. Oh and then there was the cat! The big cat, the cat came in as well. And then, right, erm..."

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I asked a couple of friends who are into watches about Jack's Breitling comments. Their opinion seems to be that they tend to be bigger and blingier than anything else in any given price bracket, and are anything but "less crass" than a Rolex or Omega.

"fine if you're wanting to make a very loud statement, but you wouldn't want it to be your only watch" was one comment. Sounds like they might go well with her humiliating trousers, tbh.
They are the 15th most recognizable Swiss watch brand though, so perhaps that’s why Southend’s 15th most influential lesbian (or whatever that award she won was) feels such an affinity.

CEAF11A8-63F2-4374-B080-523AD327487A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 41
This 100%.

The quoted part, so many examples of this going back to her earliest public utterances. See also the horrible reminiscences she waxed lyrical about in his “obituary” after her grandad became DEAD, about him being a complete bleep to her mother while they both laughed and laughed about it.

View attachment 1789119

If this is true, he’s a bleeping monster and she’s a complete bleeping head for thinking AS AN ADULT that this is acceptable behaviour and something about which to fondly reminisce in a public post.

If it’s not true, she’s a complete bleeping monster for making it up and posting it.

If it is true, the apple really didn’t fall very far from DEAD slumlord grandad’s tree, did it?
I see almost every fun story she tells through this lens. Whichever way you look at it, she comes out looking at best like an edgelord. It's pretty tragic.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Some of you sound genuinely upset about SB, the advent calendar, etc. It's worth remembering that we don't know everything she does. It's easy to fall into the trap of thinking we know everything about her, because she overshares SO MUCH, but she may well have bought him an advent calendar too or she may have made a conscious decision that she wasn't going to get him a chocolate one because her mum does every year, or whatever.

Different families have different traditions and I can't muster the energy to care that much. What is much more telling to me is when she says things like 'I'm tempted by my sick child's advent calendar'. Either she really, honestly thinks that because her son is too sick to remember to open his own advent calendar, a normal response is for her to have the chocolate OR it's a hilariously edgy joke. In one interpretation she's an actual monster, in the other she's a head. Take your pick.
Agree re: advent calendar. We've never done chocolate advent calendars for our kids because we're old fashioned and boring like that, and they've not suffered as a result.

Reactions: 27
Frauen, I have been BUSY… am I too late with this??

C064EABD-F304-4501-B7C1-2C16E497F404.jpeg

2 hours later…

AC8464C1-CF83-4DF6-871F-DDE9C71BA8B8.jpeg

Coincidence? Inspiration? Or copycat?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 155
🙋‍♀️ I know this one! It's because she's lying.

It's just all tall tales bollocks innit. If you were watching in real life you'd be able to actually see her making it up as she goes along and pausing while she grasps around for the next bit of the story.

"And then the dog came in and... and... it's a VERY LARGE dog, like MASSIVE. HUGE. Anyway, and then, then, then, erm, because don't forget I didn't have the heating on actually I don't have any heating I sold the boiler for scrap, because, well anyway, so I was on the bed right and the massive dog came in. Oh and then there was the cat! The big cat, the cat came in as well. And then, right, erm..."
See also the whole series of "SB's ill in bed" / "I'm going to bed now" / "Oh, yes, I do actually normally sleep on the sofa but I'm just resting in bed with SB because the sofa's so far away and he's ill" / "No, that's not weird because it's a very big bed" / "When I said it was a very big bed, I forgot to mention that it's very very old and anyway, I found it in a puddle" / "Look, content!" tweets.

There's a chance that some of it might be rooted in reality, but the safest guess is always that it's simply invented bollocks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
The non symmetrical bug is still a simpering turd btw. Jack’s liked this of course-her creepy little cheerleader is her new pet. I wonder if she kept the patreon she signed up to from spite-what a monumental fool to be funding & brown nosing Jack of all people.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
A ‘national treasure ‘ speaks...
View attachment 1788242

Oops cross posted x
A monkey threw tit at one of our teachers on a school trip to the zoo once. No one would sit near her on the coach home.

Just popped on to say the disgusting way Jack writes about her son is my personal aneurysm. It's vile. He's 12 for gods sake, referring to him as SB/Small Boy turns my stomach. I knew someone who used to refer to their son as 'the child' or the 'small person' and it used to make me inwardly rage

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 54
Also I know this is very, very old news now and I'm preaching to the converted and sorry for derailing slightly, but no working class person has ever used the words 'ghastly' or 'divine' (which Jack does often) or referred to their pantry or larder.

Source: I am one. I am one who has made a good career for myself and can no longer be described as working class by any stretch of the imagination but I would still feel absolutely ridiculous using any of those words. Nothing against them or anyone who uses them. They're just not and never will be in my repertoire because anyone who said things like that at school would probably have had the tit kicked out of them for being a posh bleep and that sort of conditioning never leaves you

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
It puts me in mind of U/Non U terms. My grandmother was someone who had "aspirations" and insisted on terms like "napkin" rather than "serviette" because she thought it would make her kids sound a bit posher!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Thinking Lucky has hit the nail on the head. The collapsing engagement on both sides suggests few really care about Jack, and any provocative posts on either side will have to come from Jack to keep chucking some new embers on the fire, whether it is alleging self harm and stalking or denying it. Could we have underestimated how much time she spends running accounts making outrageous claims for and against, and can we track it against her waking hours and snowstorms?

Reactions: 35
Didn't she make him one years ago, or have I imagined it?
Not sure my beloved one?
If she did make a performative advent calendar I'm certain it would have contained a picture of one of her faces behind each door and a shiny penny piece on the big day.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
That's always been my question, one of many. How on earth can't people see it?
I think I can answer that to some extent at least from the Yank perspective.

I became vaguely aware of Jack from one of the more laudatory articles in the Guardian years ago and followed her on Twitter because her story sounded interesting but didn't pay close attention or (this is important) actually try any of her recipes. I'd like to think that I sensed they were a bit off but I don't think I thought about it enough to come to that realization. But I don't do Patreon and we have enough issues in the USA that I was more directly committed to solving* that I never got scammed.

It was only around 11/19 when I saw her tweets about the move and then all the criticism of the move, which at first seemed quite unfair to me that prompted me to check out first AM and then here and OH my bleeping GOD. When one has all the information the scam is obvious, but on SM one doesn't get the whole picture right away. So thank(space)you, all you forensic frauen and herren.

*I'm a poll worker but not in a place fortunately where I'm at physical risk.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.