Jack Monroe #434 The price of jam: Will it be £40 by the end of the year?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've followed and unfollowed her a few times over the years just to watch the tit shows 😂
The last unfollow was the Dylon drama. She must've been advertising for them do we think?

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Yes, I think we sometimes overestimate how much attention people pay to Jack. I followed her on Twitter but muted her years ago, well before these threads started. The reason I muted her was that she kept tweeting pictures of her bedside table with a full bottle of spirits on it and commenting that it was to help her sleep. I kept thinking it was weird and performative, as problem drinkers tend to be secretive about their true level of alcohol consumption, then I'd feel guilty for doubting her. It was after she kicked off about THAT MAN and then David Walliams that I started digging deeper. I had been paying so little attention that I was surprised her and Leggy were no longer an item, I'd completely missed the Kickstarter stuff and God knows how many other chaoses in the years that had passed. I was similarly surprised to learn just how bad her recipes were because other than the peach curry, I hadn't really paid any attention. If anyone had asked me about Jack prior to early 2020 I'd have just described her as a food writer and campaigner and mentioned the Hopkins win but that would have been about it. Even when I first started reading these threads there were comments I thought were a bit OTT when I first read them, until I started to see what she was like for myself. That's in part why, I get irritated with people on Twitter going full spoooons on Twitter at some hapless squig who probably just thinks Jack is a good thing because they've never really look into it.

I had a fair bit of sympathy for the Trussell Trust over the £11,000 donation. It was a tough call to make and if it had been my call I'd probably have taken the money but made it clear to Jack that it was the last time. In teaming up with her for the book and agreeing to distribute books to people who can ill afford to waste food, I think they're actively causing harm and enabling further grifting. I will continue to put tins in the collection point at the supermarket as they're the only foodbank in the immediately local area but I SHAN'T ever give them money.
Every single word of this post, tender one. I imagine a lot of people have no idea of the grift, or the harm, and vaguely know her as a 'campaigner' because she's been on tv. The sooner she's fully exposed the better. 😡

Reactions: 44
Yes, I think we sometimes overestimate how much attention people pay to Jack. I followed her on Twitter but muted her years ago, well before these threads started. The reason I muted her was that she kept tweeting pictures of her bedside table with a full bottle of spirits on it and commenting that it was to help her sleep. I kept thinking it was weird and performative, as problem drinkers tend to be secretive about their true level of alcohol consumption, then I'd feel guilty for doubting her. It was after she kicked off about THAT MAN and then David Walliams that I started digging deeper. I had been paying so little attention that I was surprised her and Leggy were no longer an item, I'd completely missed the Kickstarter stuff and God knows how many other chaoses in the years that had passed. I was similarly surprised to learn just how bad her recipes were because other than the peach curry, I hadn't really paid any attention. If anyone had asked me about Jack prior to early 2020 I'd have just described her as a food writer and campaigner and mentioned the Hopkins win but that would have been about it. Even when I first started reading these threads there were comments I thought were a bit OTT when I first read them, until I started to see what she was like for myself. That's in part why, I get irritated with people on Twitter going full spoooons on Twitter at some hapless squig who probably just thinks Jack is a good thing because they've never really look into it.

I had a fair bit of sympathy for the Trussell Trust over the £11,000 donation. It was a tough call to make and if it had been my call I'd probably have taken the money but made it clear to Jack that it was the last time. In teaming up with her for the book and agreeing to distribute books to people who can ill afford to waste food, I think they're actively causing harm and enabling further grifting. I will continue to put tins in the collection point at the supermarket as they're the only foodbank in the immediately local area but I SHAN'T ever give them money.
At least you know if you give the tins then it should go to the foodbank directly, because it seems like the TT keep a very healthy bank balance in their own account rather than distributing it

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
But you would say that, wouldn't you?

Come on, KCC, we need that batch of out of area applications' supporting evidence uploaded to the Document Exchange STAT!

[Note: work-adjacent hysteria might just be beginning to embed itself prior to the cut off for assessing 2023 applications]
I love the double bluff of you being keeper of the ‘list’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
How bad a crime do you reckon someone has to commit before we stop feeling sorry for them being fed Jack slop?

Screenshot 2022-11-29 120350.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
Well if that doesn't smoke her out then nothing will.
Maybe the WhatsApp group have been plotting:
Jamie: A’wight, where is she? We need a chaos guys. It’s boring.
James: Butter!
Prue: We need to do something that she won’t be able to resist. How about something about the cost of living?
Fingers K: Are you mad, Chief? That‘s all performative bullshit. She don’t care about the poors really.
James: Yorkshire!
Nigella: I know, tender hearts. How about one of us does something ’tinned’? I could craft something about the joy of a gleaming, polished cylinder, full of promise?
Jamie: Nah, you’re alright sweetheart. She already hates me for being up in her niche so I’ll do it. Right, any ideas?
Gordon: duck yeah. Make sure you say something about tinned bleeping food not being bleeping celebrated enough, to suggest that nobody listens to her. That should bleeping do it. Nice

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 148
Prue: We need to do something that she won’t be able to resist. How about something about the cost of living?
Fingers K: Are you mad, Chief? That‘s all performative bullshit. She don’t care about the poors really.
Nigella: I know, tender hearts. How about one of us does something ’tinned’? I could craft something about the joy of a gleaming, polished cylinder, full of promise?
Jamie: Nah, you’re alright sweetheart. She already hates me for being up in her niche so I’ll do it. Right, any ideas?
Gordon: duck yeah. Make sure you say something about tinned bleeping food not being bleeping celebrated enough, to suggest that nobody listens to her. That should bleeping do it. Nice
This is just...perfection. Spicy perfection 🤌🤌🤌

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
James's input killed me. I'm now saying "Butter!" like Timmy saying his name in South Park. Send sanity-Os

• Haha
Reactions: 45

Alllll of this!! This is also where we see that she is her own undoing. Had she not been so attention seeking and obsessed with controlling the narrative most people would still be unaware of tattle and these threads. By drawing attention to them she sent people here and drew more scrutiny upon herself...it actually beggars belief! Had she just kept her head down it would have all blown over and we would still be giggling about slop like ninnies. Instead she blew it up into something so huge and poked the bear in the aftermath until people become sceptical/furious/had enough of her.

🦉🍾.....💀

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.