Jack Monroe #433 Let them eat copies of Thrifty Kitchen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I just say a big thank you to everyone for their posts about the chore list? I don't have kids and was a carer for both parents at various points from 12-19ish and cooking unsupervised from about 8 so my perspective on what's reasonable was definitely a bit off.

Sort of on topic question: what age do you all reckon is okay to use weedkiller? My neighbours kids (8-11ish? I don't even know lol) do my front garden for pocket money and the eldest gave me a bit of a heart attack last time when he asked if I had any but I figured his mum must trust him with it 😂
This is my niche - weed killer. the stuff you buy in Tesco/B&q etc is all weaker strength stuff. For example 12grams of the active ingredient like glyphosate, whereas the proper strength stuff is around 360/450grams. You need a professional city & guilds certificate to be able to purchase (although you can buy it online, like most things) the proper strength stuff & to get that you need to do a course to show you know how to handle, store & apply it. Im guess yours will be the lower strength but I wouldn’t suggest anyone under the age of 13-14 tbh. It’s not the sort of stuff you mess around with x

Reactions: 26
I don't understand the thing about her parents not eating 🤔. I think she's misremembering. They either ate together later on or as they were a firefighter/nurse ate at completely different times due to shift patterns.

Reactions: 26
I'd say never re the weedkiller. Really dangerous stuff.

And chore list related I think kids should be kept away from household chemicals. Me and my mates responded to the instructions - don't mix bleach and other toilet cleansers - by doing just that. Nothing happened but it could have been very toxic.
It could, you make chlorine!

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.