Jack Monroe #430 Keep strong, good Turkish haircut

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So just because I am a carrot, doesn’t mean you’re a pudding

I just wanted to say that like on here, we have no way to know who squigs really are and who they aren’t. Some of them are v obviously people with vendettas, with possible good reason, some not so obvious, but just never take anyone online at face value. Including me obviously!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Oh look, more non-white painting…
What exactly is “DIY on a budget” about her bleeping post?

“I just bought a brand new sofa but my stupid partner made me buy a cheaper one and I hate it so should I spend more money on throws, paint or another sofa?”

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
Wow can we just see these two bits side by side. Chapeau @bigmac22 for highlighting this. I love to see it, both in her own words, so she can’t claim some crazy journo misquoted her. Bravo 👏
View attachment 1747548View attachment 1747549
And you just know that if challenged, she’d come out with some nonsense and snappy-crappy “Do you have an idea how long it takes to get paid by the media? YOU HAVE NO IDEA!” 🙄
ETA: Beaten to it by @Lurkeryaar 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I'm a new and awkward Frau. I love the grunking, I love the gossip but tonight all I can think about is SB and I feel so bad for him if it's her pint or not or if he lives there or not and it's making me really quite sad

I was raised by parents I now have great relationships with but when I was a kid it was a horrible home and as a teen just as I understood it better, it got worse and 14 years later I still won't be around anyone drinking red wine. I've left work Christmas dos, I've walked out on dates, I've walked out of family events (even my own graduation lunch). It's taken 6 years of being with my OH (who is entirely lovely and understanding) until I've been happy to be in the house with him when he's decided to have a glass (very rare because as I say he's actually lovely and understanding). With cheap lager apparently being a tipple of choice for her back in the day, I can imagine how conflicted SB would be in that position and it absolutely sucks.

Poor Medium-Boy, if he is reading everything about her online as she suggests I really do hope he understands how many people are rooting for him. All us kids needed that and it's not an easy path (it's taken 14 years for me to finally play therapist to my parents and tell them to bleeping pay someone) but he really needs to know it will get better

Well on that heavy note, I think I might have a small gin and dance around to Paramore because really all this breadcrumbing from Princess Grift herself has become quite tediously traumatic. Typical her, can't even trigger a full trauma, just a tedious one .
Yes, I was hoping it wasn't him to start with, and now, I'm hoping it was a photo sent to her. But it doesn't make a lot of sense, and it's sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I’m completely lost on the Allegra screenshot! I’ve just completed the biggest grunt ever but no clue about this! Please explain! My smol pixie brain is fried with all the chaos’s! Thank - space - you! ❤
😭😭

You guys i just did a chaos. I was looking at that camera role and straining my eyes to see the tiny thumbnails, as my phone is tit and wouldnt load them for ages, literally thought the picture of her and content rough housing were her and allegra having some burger time.

Allegra and content have the same hair style and colouring in thumnail pics... who knew.

I may have went holy duck and threw my phone down. My husband as now asked me a few times what happened and i am too embarrassed to tell him.
Oh for sure, Miss Tricky pants has a lie to hide a lie for every occasion.
I know as a bit of veteran of this thread, I really should know this but I tend to focus on the recent chaos more than the history, can someone confirm, so she had SB in March 2010, she left the fire service in Nov 2011 and by December 2011 she was destitute? Had she already started her poverty blog before the newspaper article, isn’t that how they found her?
Her family must be exasperated with her, imagine constantly putting out your kids fires( no pun intended) she makes me nervous for when my own kids get older. Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I’m expecting a longer absence this time.
She will then emerge with a side by side pic as usual, on one she will look like compo from last of the summer wine and on the other like something from Avatar.

• Haha
Reactions: 103
I remember that interview, I saw and heard it "in the wild". It was what convinced me 100% she's not used to interacting with people who go to foodbanks. She was genuinely shocked at that guy's story, despite if being so similar to hers in many ways. And when she talked about it later it definitely felt like it was her new anecdote.

Also she spent as much time talking about her own experience as listening to him iirc.
100% this, Cukes.
She took this man’s current experience, and turned it round to her exhausting shopping list, and her decade old experience. It’s what she’s best at; taking about herself.
she has zero empathy whatsoever.

• Sad
Reactions: 55
Reminds me of her 'little' maine coon orange cat that's as big as she is

View attachment 1745956
Sorry to come from the past a bit, but knitting Jack is one of my many aneurisms, so I had to 🔺 her knitting bag.

It's this one Amazon product - currently £17.95 on Amazon. Not much in the grand scheme of her excessive spending, but of course she's one of those people who starts a new hobby, buys all the most expensive unnecessary accessories and then gives it up 3 weeks later, and I feel that in the interests of accuracy it should be added to the stocktake.

(I'm a knitter of 35+ years and always have 3 or 4 projects on the go - I use a felt caddy from Home Bargains that cost £3.99 for working projects and all my needles and yarn I store in plastic crates under my bed because I'd rather spend my limited fun money on decent quality materials rather than twee performative accessories)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Who else is hoping mr musk does a dirty nix, while she is away. Will insta be her new stomping ground, my friends complain all the time about the shadow ban and having to use videos or something to get noticed on there. How will she cope or will she find a new hellsite?!

Reactions: 28
I’d love it if she was back on Instagram.

Getting a bit bored of scrolling through her old stuff, looking to see if she has deleted anything, trying to find coloured walls/new DMs/some granola.

I did find the burgundy R&B Chester loafers that fashion hun gave to her she found in a puddle were left in her house by a fashion hun but actually she bought from Russell and Bromley that she was wearing with weird socks.

Instagram is far more fun for 👀.

• Wow
Reactions: 30
Who else is hoping mr musk does a dirty nix, while she is away. Will insta be her new stomping ground, my friends complain all the time about the shadow ban and having to use videos or something to get noticed on there. How will she cope or will she find a new hellsite?!
She was daft to deactivate before she'd decided where she was going to continue the grift. I've said before how difficult it is to find someone on Mastodon unless you know what their exact username is or have a direct link to the profile, and you need your base of blue ticks and flying monkeys to know where you are and start boosting you.

I don't know how Insta works (don't have an account and one of my personal rules is not to do anything specifically to keep up with her, so I won't be opening one), but it and Facebook strike me as difficult to grift off because of the way the various algorithms work.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
OR OR OR scrolling through a frenemy's friends list on FB and accidentally hitting Add Friend on some rando. Sweet Jesus, hitting that block button so fast.

I even remember when Facebook (or it might have been a different social network at the time, but pretty sure it was FB) briefly introduced notifications if who has visited your page. Making basically all FB behaviour at the time (checking out crushes and frenemies) impossible 😄.

(Apologies for being nostalgic about Facebook circa 2006/7)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Sorry to come from the past a bit, but knitting Jack is one of my many aneurisms, so I had to 🔺 her knitting bag.

It's this one Amazon product - currently £17.95 on Amazon. Not much in the grand scheme of her excessive spending, but of course she's one of those people who starts a new hobby, buys all the most expensive unnecessary accessories and then gives it up 3 weeks later, and I feel that in the interests of accuracy it should be added to the stocktake.

(I'm a knitter of 35+ years and always have 3 or 4 projects on the go - I use a felt caddy from Home Bargains that cost £3.99 for working projects and all my needles and yarn I store in plastic crates under my bed because I'd rather spend my limited fun money on decent quality materials rather than twee performative accessories)
I think the knitting bag was a Christmas present last year.

Reactions: 19
What’s the weird thing she does with her eyes? It’s like she’s constantly doing battle to stop them closing or popping out on stalks. And the fake swallow at the end to indicate she’s still traumatised from her pov days…🙄 I’m trying to make sense of her as a human but she gives me Men in Black vibes where the aliens inhabit human bodies. I bet a body language expert would have a field day with her.
What's up with her Mick Jagger using a vocoder voice too?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
So they paid for her and SB to have a nice Xmas in 2011…this Xmas 2011?
View attachment 1747449
So when she says she was alone at Christmas 2011 is that:
A) cause she lied to The Mirror about how SB was going to be poor and treatless at Christmas and he was actually with his dad?
B) untrue because SB was actually with her but, as ever, he is an afterthought in her narrative relegated to a side character in her life?

Neither really showers her in glory does it? Although the ultimate irony of the grift would be if the stories that started it all were lies from the beginning.

Reactions: 25
Just popped on the hellsite and saw that parody Jack has been chased off by her talk of MH issues but I have to say looking at the parody tweets and retweets, he does more campaigning than she does. Come back parody Jack, people need you!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Hadn't seen this before but she went to talk to food bank users in May wearing the Tiffany earrings. Might explain why she tried to say they were only 'dupes' before later admitting they were allegedly a (March) birthday present.

View attachment 1747799

Missing one meal fundamentally changes you as a person eh? This is how anyone who has really been in that situation knows she is taking total BS.

Jacob Rees Mogg has more empathy and understanding of UK Poverty than this charlatan.

Reactions: 46
Yeah it was her “thing” for a little while. It felt like she was stopping short of just asking for a job for him. I think he or his partner was disabled, he was the carer. I don’t even think they ate burgers or watched Jeremy Kyle.
Yes she was looking at him as though he was an exotic zoo species she had never encountered before. You would think she would've met all sorts of people during her extensive time volunteering at food banks 🙄
Wasn't she going to write a patronising think piece about him? Or worse, gulp, a poem?

Foodbank Man
by Jack Monroe.

He used to build planes
And eat fancy food
But Tory austerity
Has now changed that mood

Now he queues at a food bank
His cap in his hand
Look Tory fascists
With your heads in the sand.

Etc etc etc

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.