Jack Monroe #43 the devil('s herb) works hard but Jack works harder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How many more times can Jack 'hint' to her followers 'I'm only renting (sigh) I can't afford to buy'. Come on you stingy bastards - you can afford to pay the vet bills, not much of a stretch to chip in and buy Jack a nice house is it?
You just know if one of them offered and others joined in she would be 'oh I'm so overwhelmed people want to do this for me. My wierd little brain is overloaded with gratitude. Let me go away and think about a plan so it works out for all of us. If I had my own house it would mean I could carrying on helping people for free and could also open the cute animal rescue centre I've always dreamed of having ❤'

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
This is 100% nail on the head. Someone upthread (can't find it now sorry!) was talking about a period of their life when they were scarily short on money but concluded "but I was still MC". Poverty / non poverty difference is to do with money, sure, but is also greatly to do with social capital, networks, perceived opportunities, which in turn have an impact on communication skills, self confidence, perceptions of 'people in authority' and other things. Looked at objectively, in my opinion Jack is pretty, intelligent and due to her media career has plenty of social capital, so regardless of cashflow, poverty does not apply.
I think that may have been me. I had spent my savings on a degree to go into a specific arts industry and couldn't get anything but short-term low paid jobs (the worst I was paid half the minimum wage rate at the time). I worked all day, then would apply for jobs all night, trying to get the next gig before the current gig ended and the next gig would just be as short term and low paid as the last. I got to the point I couldn't do it anymore and after 3 months temping managed to side-step into another career. I believe my mum is a narc, so I live in terror of having to go back there (and that's why I'm not sure it's fair to criticize Jack on not staying with her family) - but I did only get through that period because of the benefits of being middle class, such as good education, access to some financial support, knowledge of how to navigate systems etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Her hair looks remarkably full and healthy in those pictures. I thought she had been losing it for years? :unsure:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Also - aren't all her recipes slop ergo soft? Non-irritating - don't jump in the pot with the slop then Jack

View attachment 177818
I also think she should be careful calling foods 'soft' people often have varying soft diets due to swallowing difficulties. It is so subjective, for

someone googling soft diets for say an elderly relative, Jack's 'soft' might be mashed on a diet chart.

Reactions: 11
Also - aren't all her recipes slop ergo soft? Non-irritating - don't jump in the pot with the slop then Jack

View attachment 177818
Personally when I have a mouth ulcer (not to sound like JM but I do get an ouchy mouth from time to time), the last thing I want is hot liquid on it because, while stating the obvious, liquid is very fluid and you can't control where it goes in your mouth! I avoid anything like soups or dals and would always go for something like penne pasta and and a white sauce with mushrooms, for example.

i am SO JEALOUS of her hair. It is so thick and healthy looking. Mine is the same colour but that's about where the similarities end
Babe, same :(

Reactions: 14
She’s definitely regretted it. There’s no other excuse for that beanie hat look.
In my opinion, I think she regretted after about a week. She's so impulsive. Also clearly fishing for compliments with the constant thirsty selfies.

Reactions: 14
It doesn't look like has lost anything like the amount of weight that she claims to have lost in the last few months.
If you look through her Insta, she's slowly been losing weight over the last two or three years. Definitely hasn't dropped 2.5 stone since May.

Original version:

Screenshot_20200710-133627_Instagram.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Also I don't understand why the bleach on top of the shave. If she wanted it shorter, great, but why then bleach which always results in damage?

Reactions: 7
I've had to skip huge portions of threads recently...cannot bear what is going on with the kitten. I wish Jack was like her food... soft and non- irritating.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Could she be any more thirsty with all her selfies?

In no way was her hair ever falling out. Even when she shaved it back due to 'big clumps coming out' (🙄), there were no patchy bits on her scalp like you might expect.

And yes, she can still duck right off with her chemo talk.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.