Jack Monroe #411 More flounces than an 80s wedding dress.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1627896
A new slop! Another recipe in progress! Another insistence on telling us how many people are (supposedly) in her household!
I still don’t understand how it works. Where does this third person sleep. Is she still on the sofa. What happens if the person wants to use the living room when she’s still asleep after being up on Twitter all night. Is this person not aware of her having all these breakdowns and is happy to let her cook them dinner in between, as she herself suggests, serious mental health issues!?

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I think the trigger that was too much for Leggy was when Jack, like a toddler pushed boundaries for attention and thought being trans would supply it. Maybe Leggy was extra busy at the time actually working. The thing is, Leggy likes the things women have because, well..and said something like I like tits, babe. I don't think Leggy was unreasonable about that.
Jack has always struck me as being someone who likes the sound of something but can't quite fully commit or follow through with the lifestyle.
She's like all those girls from high school who claimed they were lesbian/bi cos they kissed a bird when they were smashed.
She always describes herself as "heavily tattooed" yet she just doesn't have that look to go with it. She dresses like a Stepford wife.
Same goes for every other thing she's ever tried to be aligned with, e.g. trans, non-binary, political activist, whatever
That's why all her photos are like different people every time, I think. She just can't be herself cos she feels that's too boring and won't be lucrative in the slightest.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Not sure how I feel about them putting out the tip jar tbh.
They're spending a few minutes tweeting and poking fun, I appreciate that, tip jar rattling seems a bit grabby imo. I may be in the minority tho.
I'm hoping they're going to collect a shitload, then publish the donation list before giving it all to a foodbank.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
That pasta bake thing is one of those that are thrifty as far as ingredients go but can be prohibitively expensive to cook. Some recipes I have read mean an hour in the oven . Make a sauce on the hob while the pasta cooks. When done, mix together in a dish , sprinkle with cheese and top with breadcrumbs and dot with marge or butter. Pop under the grill till browned, about 5 minutes and done. A lovely filling, warm meal. I am sick of seeing cheap meal plans that cost a lot to cook.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Has she already limited the comments or did you do so from the start? I can't see the starve to death comment.

Reactions: 11
Ordering it now, because that man knows how to moisten a courgette fritter and I feel vindicated. 250ml my arse. I ❤ you, new to me Miguel.

ETA: but which Miguel will be my first Miguel: Super Easy, Green, Meat-free, Storecupboard, Super Easy, or Fast and Fresh?
*fans self*
*takes a moment*
I’ve got Fast & Fresh and it’s fantastic. I plan to get the others as I did the first one, by looking in charity shops. I couldn’t find any cheap second-hand ones on Amazon, I haven’t yet looked elsewhere online.

4F13B27F-25A8-4A77-9D22-75AA622BAC42.jpeg
8846AB7E-9C85-4912-B5CA-9FB6810E8079.jpeg
4878D303-5CFF-4F03-AB00-4F1EB8A7BADE.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.