Jack Monroe #411 More flounces than an 80s wedding dress.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wait until the fisting starts...
Linky link to fisting. Darling(s), bit gauche. WARNED

Incidentally this is Jack at her most Widdecombe and wannabe posho. “Ai dewn’t even knew if yew laik carbonaara”. That and the flopping about and forced cackling make me cringe myself inside out. 🤢

Also, here’s said carbonaaaraaa recipe
21EB7E52-E2BF-431B-9A57-C6DFB3732343.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 59
I'm getting my coat again - my bedroom has no space for drawers so I do in fact hang all my vests and t-shirts. 😬 Don't have a lot of clothes though, so they don't take up much space.
I feel like I no longer belong, especially after all the "somebody and Lucia" stuff* when I had no idea who you were all talking about.
Sniff sniff. Always the outsider. Sniff sniff.
I'll duck off

* PLEASE SOMEONE, TAKE PITY ON THIS PATHETIC SOUL AND GIVE ME A LINK 😘
With the exception of lingerie, I hang all my clothes, because if clothes are folded and/or in a drawer they cease to exist for me.

Thank you for reading this Wooh fact. I like to think it brings me even closer to Jack

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
This article yesterday. Bloody academics all up in her niche, and actually completing it. (They must have an absolutely massive house for all those coroners reports in lever arch folders)

The actual paper is https://jech.bmj.com/content/jech/early/2022/09/26/jech-2022-219645.full.pdf - I've only skimmed it, but it seems that the "excess deaths are caused by austerity" headline relates to the assumed starting point of the research, rather than its conclusion.

What the researchers were trying to do was to determine if women had been more affected by these assumed excess deaths than men (as many people had previously guessed).

Their main conclusion was that "It remains unclear whether there are sex differences in UK austerity-related health effects".

The Guardian article seems to have completely missed this (I assume that they're reporting on an over-egged press release). But can you imagine how much more of a mess the smol pixie might make if she were to pick up on it?

• Wow
Reactions: 39
That's because you'd still be on the bog trying to process raw mushrooms through your plumbing.
My mum went to a dinner party once and the host served a mushroom starter and everyone at the table almost immediately got the shits. I wonder if they used Jacks recipe.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
I just wanted to see the history of this relationship so read the first article that came up and REALLY WISH I DIDN'T
A31BB858-E304-4806-8FB4-4F9A1028CAD5.jpeg

🎵If you like it, then you better send some clits to me🎵
E9A87F62-AD5B-4117-BBBA-BEBD2FD8440D.gif

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
I just Googled 'Jack Monroe Allegra McEvedy interview video' and it brought me back here. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I believe they are from literature, dear heart
Mapp and Lucia is a collective name for a series of novels by E. F. Benson and also the name of two British television adaptations based on those novels.
Thank~space~ you, kind plushy velvet one, I shall investigate further as it sounds rather awesome.😘
(I have practically zero knowledge of literature unfortunately:rolleyes:, George Orwell and Jane Austin could be my saving graces lol, not that that gives me any credibility. Unlike certain smol pixies though, I'm quite happy to admit I don't know everything. My grammar school was a bag of shite, as good old Paul Calf* would say.)

*Doesn't that seem a long, long time ago? Happy days!😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
The actual paper is https://jech.bmj.com/content/jech/early/2022/09/26/jech-2022-219645.full.pdf - I've only skimmed it, but it seems that the "excess deaths are caused by austerity" headline relates to the assumed starting point of the research, rather than its conclusion.

What the researchers were trying to do was to determine if women had been more affected by these assumed excess deaths than men (as many people had previously guessed).

Their main conclusion was that "It remains unclear whether there are sex differences in UK austerity-related health effects".

The Guardian article seems to have completely missed this (I assume that they're reporting on an over-egged press release). But can you imagine how much more of a mess the smol pixie might make if she were to pick up on it?
Thank you - That's interesting, because the Grauniad article led me to the opposite conclusion (eg some 230,000 excess male deaths vs 77,000 females). I've always been quite (forgot word) in reading ie check the facts for false statistics etc but now got to the point over the last few months of realising that even supposedly proper media are so full of crap that I can't believe any of it. It's gone full clickbait.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Mods I beg of you, please don’t ever stop people from posting Parody Jack here, it is glorious to behold.

Spare a thought for us poor smol non tweeters if this carefully woven rug of cut and paste was pulled out from under us, plunging us into an endless, aching lack of parody tweets.
663F813B-5184-4028-9D02-BB2AB46BE0F5.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54

Incidentally this is Jack at her most Widdecombe and wannabe posho. “Ai dewn’t even knew if yew laik carbonaara”. That and the flopping about and forced cackling make me cringe myself inside out. 🤢

Cream in carbonara? Get in the bin, Jack. That’s not carbonara.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

She'd better never show her face in Rome because man! That's a war declaration, that is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Thank~space~ you, kind plushy velvet one, I shall investigate further as it sounds rather awesome.😘
(I have practically zero knowledge of literature unfortunately:rolleyes:, George Orwell and Jane Austin could be my saving graces lol, not that that gives me any credibility. Unlike certain smol pixies though, I'm quite happy to admit I don't know everything. My grammar school was a bag of shite, as good old Paul Calf* would say.)

*Doesn't that seem a long, long time ago? Happy days!😁
The books are truly worth reading, dear Aunty. I believe Amazon has the collection for Kindle for 3.99 or similar.❤

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.