Jack Monroe #406 Foodbank Anna Delvey

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t forget the water rower

77B192AB-8BED-454A-A505-5C5BAABDF6CB.png

the sentient mirror
C95E1F43-E1B7-42CE-8446-1FC8304165F7.jpeg

The hammock
DC9C612B-60BD-465C-90A2-8FF077F54A82.jpeg

another sideboard
7CB9666D-1F05-4216-9D32-96FDB0768F51.jpeg

and surprise surprise we have played this game before

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Expensive Nike trainers (about 3 pairs including the bright orange ones she said she had to get to match the running club’s colours which was a load of bollocks).

Reactions: 29
I remember a phase she had of photographing a huge office space with 1000s of books. Then there was all the furniture and set dressing for the shed outside that she was going to turn into a studio? That was a few years ago, but it all looked very expensive.
Shed Shite

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Unfortunately, I grew up with someone with hoarding tendencies (and lots of other unpleasant traits beside).
For them, it's not about being in possession of the objects, whatever they are. It's about other people NOT being in possession of them. I can tell because of the sloppy and disrespectful way they treat their things. My relative has destroyed several beautiful, irreplaceable things because as soon as they had them, the value was lost. They were thrown in the bottom of handbags, or kept in leaky outhouses, or shoved off a table to make room for more random tit.
Its all about the one-upmanship, the spite and the envy.
They are, it goes without saying, very very similar to a certain smol pixie.
Happily, we no longer speak and my life is the better for it.
Babe, same x

• Heart
Reactions: 21
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Ooof, so invested in this thread I nearly forgot to practice on Duolingo losing my 'streak' (not topless Jack related). I'm only in the Sapphire league, not yeat reached the Diamond (rings, quantity 3) yet.

Wonder how you say 'grifter' in Welsh? 🔺 Perhaps that's in the later lessons.

FYI roast potato is 'tatws rhost'

See you soon, Ninnies x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Not to 🔺 myself but some of my relatives are quite wealthy and they absolutely do NOT spend that much on furniture. Or other things. That's not how you stay rich. That's how you burn through ALL of your money and end up living hand to mouth despite having a large income. She's an idiot.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
The ooni pizza oven, the “tiles” (3) for locating lost keys/ phones by internet magic, the smart mirror.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Please don't do this to me.....

THERE IS NO SOLAR LAMP( bulbs grow in the ground, as an apprentice saying bulb was punishable) THAT WOULD FIT IN AN ELETRIC LAMP HOLDER,
ITS MADNESS

What next, hot gas radiators?

ambulanceo's pls
I didn't mean putting solar lamps in the lightshades, tho! Just leaving bulbs out. Better to leave a dead bulb than an empty high voltage socket.

Reactions: 19
If you’re bored of counting her stuff, I was watching the cringy Edinburgh interview and my general technical incompetence when I paused it led to YouTube autoplaying this earlier guardian interview.

Despite her crossly saying a couple of weeks ago that she went hungry but SB never did, that isn’t what she says here. She also says she couldn’t afford to buy him shoes

I’m sure venerable canal Fraus have already seen this but as a new Frau, the poverty cosplay in real time is mesmerising (and not in a good way)
She's chopping directly on the kitchen worktops of her rented flat!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
The ooni pizza oven, the “tiles” (3) for locating lost keys/ phones by internet magic, the smart mirror.
The ooni was gifted, that boiled my piss as I actually had to do loads of overtime to buy mine, I contacted them and they were quite happy for her to have one

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
This is exactly it - I don’t agree with people who say oh why make your rental nice as everyone deserves a gorge home, but buying SO many incredibly large pieces of furniture for a rental home blows my mind… but when you think about it she has no reason not to believe that her next home will be bigger and better because she’s come from such a wealthy family. Like her income will likely be in line with if not more her parents’ combined PAYE roles so of course she’d end up in a 5+ bed house that would fit all this in. She’s too dumb to clock this isn’t really the way the economy has gone for our gen but hey 🤷🏻‍♀️
Jack's like the only millennial who's doing better than boomers

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

That sorry tale is here.
Thank you. Wow, she really threw her mum under the bus with this one. Surprised she hasn't been disowned.

• Sad
I didn't mean putting solar lamps in the lightshades, tho! Just leaving bulbs out. Better to leave a dead bulb than an empty high voltage socket.
But having bulbs in the sockets costs money Jack can ill-afford! Why else would she have removed them?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
And lest we forget, she sold all her possessions ten years ago, so she’s accumulated all this since then. Plus she’s had two burglaries in that time so has less stuff than she would do were it not for feckless criminals making off with some of it (though they did bring some back-see grandpapa’s Le creuset)

Tangentially on topic but I read this in a 2016 HuffPost article (SB was 6) the other day. I know she claims she’s had 20something house moves, but claiming 18 of them were between SB’s birth and him being 6 years old?!

If she stays the night somewhere then goes home again, does she could that as “moving house” twice?

View attachment 1611471
Not even getting into the fact that’s not the only nasty self-serving utter bleeping lie in these three sentences. And that any “upset and turmoil” he’d had was SOLELY as a result of her actions.

Source: (full of contradictions of stuff she says elsewhere too- including in the 2015 Times piece and the 2019 Guardian piece thanking his Dad)
Was she just shuttling round Big Dave's rental properties? ie he had a gap where one was unoccupied so she took it on until a paying tenant turned up, then rinse and repeat?

Pain in the arse, but if it was free....

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Delia Smith is on Peston 🤣🤣🤣 I'm presuming in her cooking and household management capacity and not her kickeyball one

• Haha
The ooni was gifted, that boiled my piss as I actually had to do loads of overtime to buy mine, I contacted them and they were quite happy for her to have one
OK sorry I forgot that was gifted. She definitely bought the big Smeg fridge though, right? (After attempting and failing to get a freebie)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.