Jack Monroe #405 Jack the Ripoff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
wow hi! Please can I ask: are you the doctor, the English teacher or the candlestick maker?
I'm none of those... I think she tweeted a reference about being tempted by someone who's poly, which might have been about me - but, really, wfk?

I am a man in my mid-40s, though - so the canal were spot on in their guesses about the sort of person she was targeting!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 151
I suspect our confused cookalike was getting mixed up, brandied fruit cake + crumbly cheese (cheshire, wensleydale etc) is a xmas tradition up in the strange lands she must traverse between Pitsea and Edinburgh.
Either Dawn O’Porter or Gizzi Erskine recommend cutting the lid off of mince pie, filling it with a layer of Stilton, putting the lid back on and heating them up in an oven. I tried it - it was ok, but nowhere near as good as normal hot mince pies with cream etc.

Reactions: 28
I don't believe for one minute that Jack's mum followed her on Twitter - or if she did I don't believe she read all the replies. If she did, she is a terrible parent for not having whisked her daughter off there months if not years ago to save her sanity given all the trolling and all the time she spent sending snarky replies.
Her mother is a living saint, so I guess reading Jack's twitter is her form of martyrdom?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
It's interesting. I've been sitting trying to digest the chaos of Potatogate (and I digested it better than a prune and chicken porridge pilaf) and it's just struck me that I feel so affected by what Jack's doing because she reminds me of my ex-narcissist from many years ago. It's uncanny. This was in the days before Twitter, and he'd disappear for days at a time and wouldn't reply to texts, after guilt tripping me about stuff to deflect from his own wrongdoings.

I've been sat here feeling so conflicted since she posted about her two friends that died, and while I'm very sorry for her, it just triggered a lot of flashbacks for me. Part of me feels concerned that Jack might harm herself, but in a way, she's already harming herself with all this ridiculous Twitter nonsense. I wish she'd just own up to her wrongdoings, get rid of her socials while she gets herself together, and find another way of making her living that won't take money away from the very people she's claiming to try and help.
posting from the past but this, 100%, and people like JM can act as a sort of time machine for those of us who have been similarly abused in the past - I’m sorry you’re having to think about this all. ❤ Jack’s behaviour as a public figure is somehow stomach-turningly identical to that of my own narc ex. He’d repeat the same cycles over and over, and there was ALWAYS a reason why he shouldn’t be held accountable at that moment. The severity of whatever the excuse was correlated to however awful he had been. Sometimes his own illness, sometimes critical illness of family members, sometimes work worries, sometimes a “friend” of his was in crisis and needed his attention, often he’d just disappear of the radar usually as punishment after I’d called him out. All excuses were never to be heard of again once that part of the narc cycle had passed.
I knew being involved with a narcissist could be damaging but you don’t understand the hopelessness and trauma of it until you’ve been through it. Watching someone manipulate so shamelessly and knowing exactly what’s happening but being powerless to stop it is beyond bleak. So I must admit that while it’s the grift we should generally focus on, because that ultimately is the point since she’s a stranger to us, the ways she behaves affect and anger me on a much more fundamental level because I can see exactly what she’s doing and I worry for the damage being done to those in her life. I hope she sees the light and gets help, for their sake as much as hers.

also, keen to post more on the rare occasions I am in real time with you all!!

• Heart
Reactions: 84
She’s said herself, when people have told her before that she should have a break from social media, that Twitter is her main income source or her work or something. She’ll be back.

I’ll say this, and I’ve said it before and the canal were not happy, butI can’t stand roast potatoes .
Well, as we are confessing, I'm not a huge fan either. They're OK, but it's all about the veggies and meat for me. And an epic gravy. So there we are!

So once again, she has done this all to herself. All the chaoses we have seen and they're never situations where something happens to Jack, or someone does something to her, it's only Jack that happened to Jack. I know her narcissism means she won't ever see fault in herself, but christ, surely a scrap of her must at least see a common theme here?? She truly needs a much better therapist, but alas, we know she won't seek one, or engage for longer than one session if she found one 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
I don't know the sock accounts but has anyone checked them to see if she is still surreptitiously tweeting? Can't imagine her being able to leave twitter alone for this long. Gotta get her attention fix somehow!

Reactions: 26
I'm none of those... I think she tweeted a reference about being tempted by someone who's poly, which might have been about me - but, really, wfk?

I am a man in my mid-40s, though - so the canal were spot on in their guesses about the sort of person she was targeting!
Hello! Welcome.

May I ask - did you meet up?

(obviously feel free to ignore, it’s your business and I don’t want to make you uncomfortable or feel set-upon)

• Heart
Reactions: 49
The run up to Jack deactivating looked like this.

Read from bottom to top for the correct order.

View attachment 1607225

There might be one or two tweets missing which were deleted before my app picked them up.
get to absolute duck. If two of my friends had died in the last 2 days would I be online arguing like this? She needs help. Really.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Screenshot 2022-09-26 20.50.04.png

DEATH TO ALL THOSE WHO INSULT JACK.

Screenshot 2022-09-26 20.50.16.png

It looks that way.

ETA: #BeKind

Screenshot 2022-09-26 20.55.16.png

This innocuous opinion draws the following response.

Screenshot 2022-09-26 20.55.00.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 94
get to absolute duck. If two of my friends had died in the last 2 days would I be online arguing like this? She needs help. Really.
Yes, there's no way that this is good. If it's true then WTF?! And if she lied then WTF? Either way, she does not come out of this looking good. I think she realised this, that she's backed herself into a corner and that's why she flounced. It's like she's addicted to lying and the adrenaline from it and then told a lie too far and freaked.

Reactions: 59
LMAOOOO just went for my daily check on her twitter to see what nonsense she has tweeted today and saw that she has fully deleted 🤣 shall we have a bet on when she comes back? I give it till Friday 11am.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
If it was a well-organized and funded campaign to get JM off Twitter, and that goal has now been achieved, when can I expect my performance bonus?

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Fashionably late to the latest flounce.
I was woefully inaccurate when I thought Jack would post a daily recipe for more than one day so I will offer no predictions for her inevitable return to Twitter.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.